Home
Join

103 Replies

  • couldn't find my card this morning... meh

    Spice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I'm going to vote Green this year, I don't trust Labour, Conservatives or Liberal Democrats, and I'll not put my name next to a party of right wing pushing racists and shadow fascists (UKIP). So far the only party I can actually get on terms with is the Green party, at least then I know my vote hasn't been given to the majority of liars.

    Spice (6) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I voted this morning. I always vote, and will never miss an opportunity to express my displeasure for an unsatisfactory elected peer.

    I am interested in the results for this, I foresee UKIP doing very very well. I also have a feeling that their success will bleed into next years general election too, which I don't think would be a bad thing!

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Geist wrote:

    I'll not put my name next to a party of right wing pushing racists and shadow fascists (UKIP).

    Well..... Racist is a tad strong don't you think? BNP is racist, yes, but I fail to see how UKIP can fall under that umbrella. The larger parties have labelled them as racist purely as a scare tactic to stop people voting for them!

    Speaking out, and having opinions on subjects such as immigration and the EU is not racism!

    Spice (7) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Seeing as conservatives have pretty much taken all of UKIP's policies for themselves...I guess that makes David Cameron a racist does it?

    ***UKIP aren't racist, it's just a scare tactic from the other parties***

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • But truth be told it's not a tactic is it, you just have to listen to the words that are being spoken and the context in which they are used, it doesn't matter what colour your skin or country of origin. The facts are they've been very vocal recently about the European neighbors, throwing out nonsense and fake facts of their own making, racism isn't just about black vs white.

    Spice (6) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • horrible trying to find any info on the actual candidates and the 'odd'  voting system, esp a week before as we postal vote.

    I mean it's like 2014 and we're still relying on stuff in the local paper and bumf shoved through the letter boxes.

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I see UKIP as a very negative Party, dont like this, dont like them, not in our back yard etc etc.

    Spice (6) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I voted Green, because according to voteforpolicies.org they are the ones who I agree with most.

    UKIP, I find dangerously misrepresenting Europe for quick xenophobic votes. Aside from the fact their candidates and donors are pro-eugenicfascistelephant hatinghomophobicsexistracistthievingrapist-apologeticbigots (and every one of these phrases is a link to a different person)... here is my response to the "What do we get for our £55m per day?" posted in another thread.

    IIRC it's actually £75 per person per year it costs us, if you look at the difference between what we pay and what we get back. That £55 million per day is HUGELY inflated by UKIP, and doesn't take into account investment by the EU in this country. The other parties don't ask this question because they know it's not actually a question.

    What do we get for our money? 

    • No war in Europe since the EU started. That's a good bonus IMO.
    • The ability to work and life anywhere in the EU we like. Fun fact: there are 5 million British citizens living across Europe currently. That's what, 8% of our population?
    • Access to EU markets. Our exports currently are valued at £12 billion per month. Would we still manage to export the same if we left and then had to pay EU import taxes? UKIP think so but can't back it up, economists are not so sure. They want us to maintain a link in the same way that Norway does, but then Norway pays about 80% of the cost per person that we do so not sure where the gain is (other than sounding good to get votes)

    There's a good article on the cost of the EU here.

    Other policies UKIP have announced include:

    • scrapping maternity leave and child care benefits
    • scrapping inheritance tax (one for the rich people there)
    • flat income tax (ditto)
    • scrap all renewable energy subsidies (as they're climate change deniers)
    Spice (11) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • 01smicha wrote:

    Geist wrote:

    I'll not put my name next to a party of right wing pushing racists and shadow fascists (UKIP).

    Well..... Racist is a tad strong don't you think?BNP is racist, yes, but I fail to see how UKIP can fall under that umbrella. The larger parties have labelled them as racist purely as a scare tactic to stop people voting for them!

    I agree, if you look past the smear campaigns of each party against each other and look at the party them self's you get to see much more. 

    I disliked green at first because of the smear campaigns from labour and the Cons... but reading there policy's there are some good ones unfortunately there is a lot of what there saying i don't agree with and would make things much more difficult to get out of the recovery quicker... Green looks at the long term of possibly 10 + years which is great! but considering party's are only in power for 3 - 5 years  most of greens policy's can not take form as they would have a chance to be voted out and people want results now.  (which tbh is a bad way of thinking)

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • 01smicha wrote:

    Geist wrote:

    I'll not put my name next to a party of right wing pushing racists and shadow fascists (UKIP).

    Well..... Racist is a tad strong don't you think?BNP is racist, yes, but I fail to see how UKIP can fall under that umbrella. The larger parties have labelled them as racist purely as a scare tactic to stop people voting for them!

    Speaking out, and having opinions on subjects such as immigration and the EU is not racism!

    AshleyLewisMS wrote:

    Seeing as conservatives have pretty much taken all of UKIP's policies for themselves...I guess that makes David Cameron a racist does it?

    ***UKIP aren't racist, it's just a scare tactic from the other parties***

    This is racism.

    Spice (2) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Dogs wrote:

    couldn't find my card this morning... meh


    You don't need your card to vote.  It's nice if you can take it along, but it isn't necessary.
    Spice (4) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • 01smicha wrote:

    Speaking out, and having opinions on subjects such as immigration and the EU is not racism!

    Clearly you don't read the Daily Mail then!! Mind you, I only look to read the comments as people get their knickers in a twist over a headline without actually reading the article, hilarious.

    UKIP for me. We need out of the EU. It took us 8 years to deport Abu Hamza because the EU kept sticking their nose in, costing us a whopping £4 million. It took the Americans about 8 minutes* to find him guilty once he was gone, bureaucracy at it's finest that we simply don't need.

    *Yes, it was actually 11 hours, I know.

    Spice (5) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Voted Lib Dem here, not a huge fan of how they have acted with the coalition etc. but locally here they have done ok (council here is a LD majority), plus for Europe I would rather have a party representing me that actually wants to be there and take an active role in Europe and has a set of fleshed out policies rather than go with UKIP or someone else who don't really want anything to do with Europe. Since we are currently in Europe and an MEP has no say in getting us out of Europe I don't see the point in voting in a party who just want to take money and waste time/resources, hence my vote for a party that actually want to do something and be useful.

    If there was a bigger Green party representation here I would be tempted to go with them as I like a lot of what they talk about and stand for (although their stance of nuclear energy is a bit stupid tbh).

    Spice (3) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Jason7612 wrote:

    01smicha wrote:

    Speaking out, and having opinions on subjects such as immigration and the EU is not racism!

    Clearly you don't read the Daily Mail then!! Mind you, I only look to read the comments as people get their knickers in a twist over a headline without actually reading the article, hilarious.

    UKIP for me. We need out of the EU. It took us 8 years to deport Abu Hamza because the EU kept sticking their nose in, costing us a whopping £4 million. It took the Americans about 8 minutes* to find him guilty once he was gone, bureaucracy at it's finest that we simply don't need.

    *Yes, it was actually 11 hours, I know.

    It took us 8 years to deport him for 2 reasons:

    1. We wanted to deport him to a place where he's likely to be tortured
    2. We screwed up the paperwork a few times

    Remove those reasons, and he'd never have had a case.

    And you're right, I would never read the Daily Mail.

    Spice (6) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Voting after work, Labour for me this year.  I'm a floating voter, usually between Labour and Lib Dems.  I'd seriously consider the Greens if I thought they had a chance.  But I'm fairly tactical and I think the Lib Dems will take a drubbing, so I'm going Labour as I think my vote would help them (as opposed to being wasted on the Lib Dems).

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Olivia3009 wrote:

    Dogs wrote:

    couldn't find my card this morning... meh


    You don't need your card to vote.  It's nice if you can take it along, but it isn't necessary.
    This i did not know.
    Spice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Olivia3009 wrote:

    Voting after work, Labour for me this year.  I'm a floating voter, usually between Labour and Lib Dems.  I'd seriously consider the Greens if I thought they had a chance.  But I'm fairly tactical and I think the Lib Dems will take a drubbing, so I'm going Labour as I think my vote would help them (as opposed to being wasted on the Lib Dems).

    Tactical as in on the (maybe) winning side?

    If you agree with Lib Dem over Lab then you should vote that way no matter what? Why vote depending on who you think is going to get more votes? Bit like becoming a Man City fan :p

    ***Disclaimer - i know nothing about football***
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Dogs wrote:

    Olivia3009 wrote:

    Voting after work, Labour for me this year.  I'm a floating voter, usually between Labour and Lib Dems.  I'd seriously consider the Greens if I thought they had a chance.  But I'm fairly tactical and I think the Lib Dems will take a drubbing, so I'm going Labour as I think my vote would help them (as opposed to being wasted on the Lib Dems).

    Tactical as in on the (maybe) winning side?

    If you agree with Lib Dem over Lab then you should vote that way no matter what? Why vote depending on who you think is going to get more votes? Bit like becoming a Man City fan :p

    ***Disclaimer - i know nothing about football***

    Tactical as in if you like two parties, better to vote for the one who will most likely make use of your vote.

    If they both need 300 votes to win, better to add your vote to the one most likely to get to 299 than one unlikely to break 100.

    Sadly, this - combined with the complete lack of media coverage - is why the Green party hasn't got a hope.

    Two party politics is dangerous.

    Spice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Olivia3009 wrote:

    Voting after work, Labour for me this year.  I'm a floating voter, usually between Labour and Lib Dems.  I'd seriously consider the Greens if I thought they had a chance.  But I'm fairly tactical and I think the Lib Dems will take a drubbing, so I'm going Labour as I think my vote would help them (as opposed to being wasted on the Lib Dems).

    What made you choose Labour? 

    Spice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I got 91% in the favour of Lib Dems on www.votematch.org.uk

    Will probably vote labour as lib dems are supposedly in for a 'whitewash'

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • RealityCheque wrote:

    Dogs wrote:

    Olivia3009 wrote:

    Voting after work, Labour for me this year.  I'm a floating voter, usually between Labour and Lib Dems.  I'd seriously consider the Greens if I thought they had a chance.  But I'm fairly tactical and I think the Lib Dems will take a drubbing, so I'm going Labour as I think my vote would help them (as opposed to being wasted on the Lib Dems).

    Tactical as in on the (maybe) winning side?

    If you agree with Lib Dem over Lab then you should vote that way no matter what? Why vote depending on who you think is going to get more votes? Bit like becoming a Man City fan :p

    ***Disclaimer - i know nothing about football***

    Tactical as in if you like two parties, better to vote for the one who will most likely make use of your vote.

    If they both need 300 votes to win, better to add your vote to the one most likely to get to 299 than one unlikely to break 100.

    Sadly, this - combined with the complete lack of media coverage - is why the Green party hasn't got a hope.

    Two party politics is dangerous.

    Green is a bit like lib Dem... they lack backbone too push there policy's across to people... i think right now the UK is looking for a strong stable leader like church hill , unfortunately.. our politician's are not strong at all... :( 

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Bollo wrote:

    RealityCheque wrote:

    Dogs wrote:

    Olivia3009 wrote:

    Voting after work, Labour for me this year.  I'm a floating voter, usually between Labour and Lib Dems.  I'd seriously consider the Greens if I thought they had a chance.  But I'm fairly tactical and I think the Lib Dems will take a drubbing, so I'm going Labour as I think my vote would help them (as opposed to being wasted on the Lib Dems).

    Tactical as in on the (maybe) winning side?

    If you agree with Lib Dem over Lab then you should vote that way no matter what? Why vote depending on who you think is going to get more votes? Bit like becoming a Man City fan :p

    ***Disclaimer - i know nothing about football***

    Tactical as in if you like two parties, better to vote for the one who will most likely make use of your vote.

    If they both need 300 votes to win, better to add your vote to the one most likely to get to 299 than one unlikely to break 100.

    Sadly, this - combined with the complete lack of media coverage - is why the Green party hasn't got a hope.

    Two party politics is dangerous.

    Green is a bit like lib Dem... they lack backbone too push there policy's across to people... i think right now the UK is looking for a strong stable leader like church hill , unfortunately.. our politician's are not strong at all... :( 

    Churchill was an excellent war leader, but he'd have been terrible in peace time.

    It's impossible to push your policies out there when everyone ignores you in favour of the 3 lots of slimy gits in power and the media circus that is UKIP.

    Spice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Dont worry - when im king of Scotland there will no longer be 4 party politics north of the border.

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • That's a mistake - allow people to control their local environment, but just have a few rules you dictate from above.

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Dogs wrote:

    Dont worry - when im king of Scotland there will no longer be 4 party politics north of the border.

    All hail our glorious lead King Dogs the 1st!

    Spice (4) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Previously I've always been a Lib Dem supporter but most of the confidence in them has been lost since the last general election, so I'll be voting Green this year. I've no time for Labour or the Conservatives.

    The Greens represented well in the South West last time around so hopefully that will improve this year.

    UKIP, just, no. No. I can't help but wonder if they want to get in so badly just so they can ruin any remaining shreds of a reputation we may have left in the EU. Our MEPs may have no say in whether we stay in the EU, but they sure can affect the opinions of other MEPs and generally turn opinion against us.

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • RealityCheque wrote:

    01smicha wrote:

    Geist wrote:

    I'll not put my name next to a party of right wing pushing racists and shadow fascists (UKIP).

    Well..... Racist is a tad strong don't you think?BNP is racist, yes, but I fail to see how UKIP can fall under that umbrella. The larger parties have labelled them as racist purely as a scare tactic to stop people voting for them!

    Speaking out, and having opinions on subjects such as immigration and the EU is not racism!

    AshleyLewisMS wrote:

    Seeing as conservatives have pretty much taken all of UKIP's policies for themselves...I guess that makes David Cameron a racist does it?

    ***UKIP aren't racist, it's just a scare tactic from the other parties***

    This is racism.

    Fair enough, yes it is. However the way I read into that is more a poor choice of words, than intentional racism. IT is a very fine line to walk, where whatever you say, someone will interpret that as racist. In this case, it was an incredibly poor show, thus allowing the masses to say "yeah, told you UKIP was racist".

    Others may see things differently however, and that is the benefit of these elections. Vote for what you believe is right, regardless of what party that may be! And if you are not happy with what is on offer, spoil your ballot, and tell them what you want!

    Spice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • RealityCheque wrote:

    Bollo wrote:

    RealityCheque wrote:

    Dogs wrote:

    Olivia3009 wrote:

    Voting after work, Labour for me this year.  I'm a floating voter, usually between Labour and Lib Dems.  I'd seriously consider the Greens if I thought they had a chance.  But I'm fairly tactical and I think the Lib Dems will take a drubbing, so I'm going Labour as I think my vote would help them (as opposed to being wasted on the Lib Dems).

    Tactical as in on the (maybe) winning side?

    If you agree with Lib Dem over Lab then you should vote that way no matter what? Why vote depending on who you think is going to get more votes? Bit like becoming a Man City fan :p

    ***Disclaimer - i know nothing about football***

    Tactical as in if you like two parties, better to vote for the one who will most likely make use of your vote.

    If they both need 300 votes to win, better to add your vote to the one most likely to get to 299 than one unlikely to break 100.

    Sadly, this - combined with the complete lack of media coverage - is why the Green party hasn't got a hope.

    Two party politics is dangerous.

    Green is a bit like lib Dem... they lack backbone too push there policy's across to people... i think right now the UK is looking for a strong stable leader like church hill , unfortunately.. our politician's are not strong at all... :( 

    Churchill was an excellent war leader, but he'd have been terrible in peace time.

    It's impossible to push your policies out there when everyone ignores you in favour of the 3 lots of slimy gits in power and the media circus that is UKIP.

    it's because green are not shouting loud enough...

    Think of it as this way... your in a crowded room and everyone is shouting out to come too them... what are you going to do too get those people to hear you over them? Shout louder...  i didn't even consider green until last month when i realised there was an actual green party and it wasn't a made up group lol

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I will be voting Conservative. I've been a member of the party for a year now, been to a few of their meetings and got myself on a conference call with David Cameron a couple of weeks ago and from what I've heard, from THEM not the smeary media, their ideas will work, I want my children to have a country to grow up in that isn't saddled in debt, and I'm happy to have a few tight years, financially to ensure that. 

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • 01smicha wrote:

    RealityCheque wrote:

    01smicha wrote:

    Geist wrote:

    I'll not put my name next to a party of right wing pushing racists and shadow fascists (UKIP).

    Well..... Racist is a tad strong don't you think?BNP is racist, yes, but I fail to see how UKIP can fall under that umbrella. The larger parties have labelled them as racist purely as a scare tactic to stop people voting for them!

    Speaking out, and having opinions on subjects such as immigration and the EU is not racism!

    AshleyLewisMS wrote:

    Seeing as conservatives have pretty much taken all of UKIP's policies for themselves...I guess that makes David Cameron a racist does it?

    ***UKIP aren't racist, it's just a scare tactic from the other parties***

    This is racism.

    Fair enough, yes it is. However the way I read into that is more a poor choice of words, than intentional racism.

    Others may see things differently however, and that is the benefit of these elections. Vote for what you want!

    There's another link in my earlier post on racism, and I can provide you plenty more examples.

    By all means vote for what you want, but know the people you're voting for as well.

    Spice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Bollo wrote:

    RealityCheque wrote:

    Bollo wrote:

    RealityCheque wrote:

    Dogs wrote:

    Olivia3009 wrote:

    Voting after work, Labour for me this year.  I'm a floating voter, usually between Labour and Lib Dems.  I'd seriously consider the Greens if I thought they had a chance.  But I'm fairly tactical and I think the Lib Dems will take a drubbing, so I'm going Labour as I think my vote would help them (as opposed to being wasted on the Lib Dems).

    Tactical as in on the (maybe) winning side?

    If you agree with Lib Dem over Lab then you should vote that way no matter what? Why vote depending on who you think is going to get more votes? Bit like becoming a Man City fan :p

    ***Disclaimer - i know nothing about football***

    Tactical as in if you like two parties, better to vote for the one who will most likely make use of your vote.

    If they both need 300 votes to win, better to add your vote to the one most likely to get to 299 than one unlikely to break 100.

    Sadly, this - combined with the complete lack of media coverage - is why the Green party hasn't got a hope.

    Two party politics is dangerous.

    Green is a bit like lib Dem... they lack backbone too push there policy's across to people... i think right now the UK is looking for a strong stable leader like church hill , unfortunately.. our politician's are not strong at all... :( 

    Churchill was an excellent war leader, but he'd have been terrible in peace time.

    It's impossible to push your policies out there when everyone ignores you in favour of the 3 lots of slimy gits in power and the media circus that is UKIP.

    it's because green are not shouting loud enough...

    Think of it as this way... your in a crowded room and everyone is shouting out to come too them... what are you going to do too get those people to hear you over them? Shout louder...  i didn't even consider green until last month when i realised there was an actual green party and it wasn't a made up group lol

    Now that is a clear failing of the media. You should be made aware of ALL parties in the run up to the elections. Hell, they use to feature the Monster Raving Loony Party...

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • This is the first year when I'm really not sure who to vote for. Do I vote UKIP as a protest vote over how we are being run by the EU? I certainly wouldn't vote for them in a general election. Will the Conservatives be able to re-negotiate a better deal with the EU and/or offer a referendum? Maybe Green would be the only other option for me, but I'm not sure a vote for them would count for anyting. I guess I'll decide by the time I get home and vote.

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • RealityCheque wrote:

    01smicha wrote:

    RealityCheque wrote:

    01smicha wrote:

    Geist wrote:

    I'll not put my name next to a party of right wing pushing racists and shadow fascists (UKIP).

    Well..... Racist is a tad strong don't you think?BNP is racist, yes, but I fail to see how UKIP can fall under that umbrella. The larger parties have labelled them as racist purely as a scare tactic to stop people voting for them!

    Speaking out, and having opinions on subjects such as immigration and the EU is not racism!

    AshleyLewisMS wrote:

    Seeing as conservatives have pretty much taken all of UKIP's policies for themselves...I guess that makes David Cameron a racist does it?

    ***UKIP aren't racist, it's just a scare tactic from the other parties***

    This is racism.

    Fair enough, yes it is. However the way I read into that is more a poor choice of words, than intentional racism.

    Others may see things differently however, and that is the benefit of these elections. Vote for what you want!

    There's another link in my earlier post on racism, and I can provide you plenty more examples.

    By all means vote for what you want, but know the people you're voting for as well.

    None of UKIP's policies are racist and Mr. Farrage is generally the first to sack people for making racist points of view public. I'm sure other parties have members who hold racist opinions, that doesn't make the whole party racist.

    It might be worth listening to the 32% (roughly) who are looking to vote UKIP and addressing their concerns instead of just labeling them as racist, or thick.

    I know you didn't call them stupid, by the way - this goes for the media and Guardianista's really.

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • 01smicha wrote:

    RealityCheque wrote:

    01smicha wrote:

    Geist wrote:

    I'll not put my name next to a party of right wing pushing racists and shadow fascists (UKIP).

    Well..... Racist is a tad strong don't you think?BNP is racist, yes, but I fail to see how UKIP can fall under that umbrella. The larger parties have labelled them as racist purely as a scare tactic to stop people voting for them!

    Speaking out, and having opinions on subjects such as immigration and the EU is not racism!

    AshleyLewisMS wrote:

    Seeing as conservatives have pretty much taken all of UKIP's policies for themselves...I guess that makes David Cameron a racist does it?

    ***UKIP aren't racist, it's just a scare tactic from the other parties***

    This is racism.

    Fair enough, yes it is. However the way I read into that is more a poor choice of words, than intentional racism. IT is a very fine line to walk, where whatever you say, someone will interpret that as racist. In this case, it was an incredibly poor show, thus allowing the masses to say "yeah, told you UKIP was racist".

    Others may see things differently however, and that is the benefit of these elections. Vote for what you believe is right, regardless of what party that may be! And if you are not happy with what is on offer, spoil your ballot, and tell them what you want!

    i too saw that as a poor choice of words... he phrased it badly and came out wrong... 

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • "32% (roughly) who are looking to vote UKIP"

    that means you going to win most of the seats ?

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • i dont know about in Uk but in india election last month there had an option "NOTA" (None Of The Above). i think we should have it here. 

    i am voting this evening. BUt haven't decided which one is lesser evil

    Spice (2) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • TheRobinsonLovatt wrote:

    RealityCheque wrote:

    01smicha wrote:

    RealityCheque wrote:

    01smicha wrote:

    Geist wrote:

    I'll not put my name next to a party of right wing pushing racists and shadow fascists (UKIP).

    Well..... Racist is a tad strong don't you think?BNP is racist, yes, but I fail to see how UKIP can fall under that umbrella. The larger parties have labelled them as racist purely as a scare tactic to stop people voting for them!

    Speaking out, and having opinions on subjects such as immigration and the EU is not racism!

    AshleyLewisMS wrote:

    Seeing as conservatives have pretty much taken all of UKIP's policies for themselves...I guess that makes David Cameron a racist does it?

    ***UKIP aren't racist, it's just a scare tactic from the other parties***

    This is racism.

    Fair enough, yes it is. However the way I read into that is more a poor choice of words, than intentional racism.

    Others may see things differently however, and that is the benefit of these elections. Vote for what you want!

    There's another link in my earlier post on racism, and I can provide you plenty more examples.

    By all means vote for what you want, but know the people you're voting for as well.

    None of UKIP's policies are racist and Mr. Farrage is generally the first to sack people for making racist points of view public. I'm sure other parties have members who hold racist opinions, that doesn't make the whole party racist.

    It might be worth listening to the 32% (roughly) who are looking to vote UKIP and addressing their concerns instead of just labeling them as racist, or thick.

    I know you didn't call them stupid, by the way - this goes for the media and Guardianista's really.

    So why didn't he sack himself for his comments on Romanians?

    And what about the homophobia or sexism that's pretty rampant in his party?

    None of those people I linked to earlier have been sacked (with the possible exception of Bloom, who I can't remember if I put him in my gallery or rogues).

    I have no problem with listening to people who might want to vote UKIP on two conditions:

    1. They actually understand the policies, and
    2. It's not just a protest vote against the main 3.
    Spice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • mxtj wrote:

    i dont know about in Uk but in india election last month there had an option "NOTA" (None Of The Above). i think we should have it here. 

    i am voting this evening. BUt haven't decided which one is lesser evil

    It'd be nice if we did have that option - and then force the parties to put forward new candidates if NOTA wins.

    Frankly I think the reason we don't have it is because NOTA would 'win' 90% of the seats.

    Spice (6) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down

  • So why didn't he sack himself for his comments on Romanians?

    And what about the homophobia or sexism that's pretty rampant in his party?

    None of those people I linked to earlier have been sacked (with the possible exception of Bloom, who I can't remember if I put him in my gallery or rogues).

    I have no problem with listening to people who might want to vote UKIP on two conditions:

    1. They actually understand the policies, and
    2. It's not just a protest vote against the main 3.

    Most voters for Ukip and green are protest votes against the main 3... hoping to scare the main 3 so they will shape up and listen too the people. 

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • RealityCheque wrote:

    mxtj wrote:

    i dont know about in Uk but in india election last month there had an option "NOTA" (None Of The Above). i think we should have it here. 

    i am voting this evening. BUt haven't decided which one is lesser evil

    It'd be nice if we did have that option - and then force the parties to put forward new candidates if NOTA wins.

    Frankly I think the reason we don't have it is because NOTA would 'win' 90% of the seats.

    Agreed.

    My ballot paper was basically the party logo followed by a list of names. If you didn't research those individuals beforehand, it is no different than rolling a dice to choose who you vote for.

    A NOTA option would be a fantastic addition.

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Bollo wrote:


    So why didn't he sack himself for his comments on Romanians?

    And what about the homophobia or sexism that's pretty rampant in his party?

    None of those people I linked to earlier have been sacked (with the possible exception of Bloom, who I can't remember if I put him in my gallery or rogues).

    I have no problem with listening to people who might want to vote UKIP on two conditions:

    1. They actually understand the policies, and
    2. It's not just a protest vote against the main 3.

    Most voters for Ukip and green are protest votes against the main 3... hoping to scare the main 3 so they will shape up and listen too the people. 

    Personally I voted Green because I want Green to win...

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I typically match up to LibDem/Labour policies, but I'm somewhat disillusioned with mainstream politics - so going Green this year.

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • RealityCheque wrote:

    Bollo wrote:


    So why didn't he sack himself for his comments on Romanians?

    And what about the homophobia or sexism that's pretty rampant in his party?

    None of those people I linked to earlier have been sacked (with the possible exception of Bloom, who I can't remember if I put him in my gallery or rogues).

    I have no problem with listening to people who might want to vote UKIP on two conditions:

    1. They actually understand the policies, and
    2. It's not just a protest vote against the main 3.

    Most voters for Ukip and green are protest votes against the main 3... hoping to scare the main 3 so they will shape up and listen too the people. 

    Personally I voted Green because I want Green to win...

    Unfortunately i can't vote... but my family can... they have all gone Ukip... 

    Green's views would be the cleanest and most friendly why to live but like stated before it's a view of 10+ years to change and most people what change now :( 

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • RealityCheque wrote:

    mxtj wrote:

    i dont know about in Uk but in india election last month there had an option "NOTA" (None Of The Above). i think we should have it here. 

    i am voting this evening. BUt haven't decided which one is lesser evil

    It'd be nice if we did have that option - and then force the parties to put forward new candidates if NOTA wins.

    Frankly I think the reason we don't have it is because NOTA would 'win' 90% of the seats.

    Election results: NOTA garners 1.1% of country’s total vote share . you are right. it could be a lot of votes go to NOTA if it was here

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I would give a vote - and in fact campaign hard on behalf of - any party that promised to make papers back up any "facts" they print, with front page retractions for those on which they were wrong.

    Spice (5) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • RealityCheque wrote:

    I would give a vote - and in fact campaign hard on behalf of - any party that promised to make papers back up any "facts" they print, with front page retractions for those on which they were wrong.

    It would help wean out the liars... 

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • RealityCheque wrote:

    I would give a vote - and in fact campaign hard on behalf of - any party that promised to make papers back up any "facts" they print, with front page retractions for those on which they were wrong.

    +1

    I doubt any current party would be willing to commit to this.

    Shall we start one?

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Bollo wrote:

    RealityCheque wrote:

    I would give a vote - and in fact campaign hard on behalf of - any party that promised to make papers back up any "facts" they print, with front page retractions for those on which they were wrong.

    It would help wean out the liars... 

    There will always be loopholes, and when you close those, there will be people employed by them to specifically look for ways to circumvent any measures put in place.

    On another tangent, a real way to fix this problem we have with the larger parties dominating all the time, is to move to a proportional representation voting system! e.g. AV.

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • 01smicha wrote:

    Bollo wrote:

    RealityCheque wrote:

    I would give a vote - and in fact campaign hard on behalf of - any party that promised to make papers back up any "facts" they print, with front page retractions for those on which they were wrong.

    It would help wean out the liars... 

    There will always be loopholes, and when you close those, there will be people employed by them to specifically look for ways to circumvent any measures put in place.

    On another tangent, a real way to fix this problem we have with the larger parties dominating all the time, is to move to a proportional representation voting system! e.g. AV.

    Which we tried to, but our beloved politicians and media scuppered it.

    Spice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down

Read these next...