Home
Join

24 Replies

• Can you PM me with confirmation that you are an MSP using Webroot?  I'd be happy to see what I can do from that part.

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • PM Sent sir.

• CA-RT wrote:

Hello Vendors,

I own a small but growing vendor neutral MSP / Consultancy.

I am looking for some free swag to give out to customers and / or use on customer sites.

Pens, T-Shirts, USB Sticks, NFR Products / licenses, Mouse Mats, Coffee Cups, glossy marketing stuff - anything.

I have a few Barracuda T-Shirts that have resulted in sales for them - so if you want to, PM Me and we can discuss it further.

I love that barracuda send t-shirts packaged up with some of their larger appliances. I wish some other vendors would do stuff like that.

Chris, are you a re-seller for any particular products?

• I'd suggest not exactly being vendor neutral, but be vendor preferred in some cases.  What I mean is, know your products, know the competition, but pick your 3 favorites in each category.

You'll get more vendor support that way.  If you were 100% neutral, you'd either get a whole bunch of pens that'll last for 10 pages from 100 vendors, or you can get legitimate swag that'll be worth your while from your preferred vendors.

Might I add, the Webroot pen is amazing, one of the best pens I've ever gotten.  Pump up this Richard fellow, he knows a thing about fashion, and anti-virus.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • I don't "push" any brand in particular - it all depends on the clients budget and requirments.

I love the cuda stuff because training an internal resource at my clients site is super fun and easy - or if they want, we will look after it for them - all part of the service :-)

My biggest seller is managed services - but more and more firms are looking for equipment as I have what I call "Price Advantage" for my fully managed customers where I am open with my invoice and markup at 2% to help cover the time spend on ordering and processing.

It is in my best interest for my clients to be on the latest platforms - better productivity for them and less support for us.

Win-Win

• Richard (Webroot) wrote:

Can you PM me with confirmation that you are an MSP using Webroot?  I'd be happy to see what I can do from that part.

Same for Unitrends. We'd be happy to see what's available for you.

• Sent you a PM also Katie :-)

Spice (1) flagReport
  • CA-RT wrote:

Hello Vendors,

I own a small but growing vendor neutral MSP / Consultancy.

I am looking for some free swag to give out to customers and / or use on customer sites.

Pens, T-Shirts, USB Sticks, NFR Products / licenses, Mouse Mats, Coffee Cups, glossy marketing stuff - anything.

I have a few Barracuda T-Shirts that have resulted in sales for them - so if you want to, PM Me and we can discuss it further.

Can you PM me some details and I'll see what I can find in the swag closet.  Thanks!
  • Shash - sent you a PM.

• TheROD. wrote:

I'd suggest not exactly being vendor neutral, but be vendor preferred in some cases.  What I mean is, know your products, know the competition, but pick your 3 favorites in each category.

You'll get more vendor support that way.  If you were 100% neutral, you'd either get a whole bunch of pens that'll last for 10 pages from 100 vendors, or you can get legitimate swag that'll be worth your while from your preferred vendors.

Might I add, the Webroot pen is amazing, one of the best pens I've ever gotten.  Pump up this Richard fellow, he knows a thing about fashion, and anti-virus.

@TheROD - I remain neutrail - but I do have my personal recomendations. For example if a customer wanted to get a server made by Fujitsu or someone - I would give them my top three vendors and why they should consider what they offer.

It is important to not come accross as a snob with these things - in other jobs I have see other techs shoot down customers ideas in such a way that the customer was left feeling like an idiot.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • CA-RT wrote:

TheROD. wrote:

I'd suggest not exactly being vendor neutral, but be vendor preferred in some cases.  What I mean is, know your products, know the competition, but pick your 3 favorites in each category.

@TheROD - I remain neutral - but I do have my personal recommendations. For example if a customer wanted to get a server made by Fujitsu or someone - I would give them my top three vendors and why they should consider what they offer.

It is important to not come across as a snob with these things - in other jobs I have see other techs shoot down customers ideas in such a way that the customer was left feeling like an idiot.

Well yeah exactly my point, never shoot down a client, rather offer up a brain storming session and offer them another option they never considered, but ultimately don't force their hand.  More brownie points with a vendor the better :-P.  As I said though, Webroot makes a wicked awesome pen.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • TheROD. wrote: Webroot makes a wicked awesome pen.

I think someone deserves a free pen :-)
    Spice (1) flagReport
  • CA-RT wrote:

TheROD. wrote: Webroot makes a wicked awesome pen.

I think someone deserves a free pen :-)

I have a webroot pen, drink coozie, and t-shirt at home, and the pen has a flash light attached to it.  Let me tell you, I'm surprised I'm 25 years old the way I acted when I found out it had a flash light.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • I'm surprised I'm 25 years old the way I acted when I found out it had a flash light.

Thats like when I told a customer who i just moved to Office 365 that they can delete messages on their Cell and they wont have to do it when they get back to the office.

It was like I just showed them fire. :-)

• CA-RT wrote:

I'm surprised I'm 25 years old the way I acted when I found out it had a flash light.

Thats like when I told a customer who i just moved to Office 365 that they can delete messages on their Cell and they wont have to do it when they get back to the office.

It was like I just showed them fire. :-)

I ran to the basement, turned off all the lights, and tested to see if it worked in a dark room.  Is that the logic of a 25 year old?  Or the logic of a 6 year old who just stole their dad mag lite?  Well needless to say I played with a flash light in the basement for probably 20 minutes.

• I would have done the same thing :-)

When I got my new cable tester I tested a cable - then broke the cable and tested it again.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • As for unitrends, I do have their ban t-shirt :-P, I have to say its one of my favorite vendor t-shirts, made my fiancee laugh her butt off when she decided to open my mail before I got home.  I don't have a pen or any other "unique" swag from unitrends though... unless Katie wants to hook a brother up ;-).

Spice (1) flagReport
  • TheROD. wrote:

As for unitrends, I do have their ban t-shirt :-P, I have to say its one of my favorite vendor t-shirts, made my fiancee laugh her butt off when she decided to open my mail before I got home.  I don't have a pen or any other "unique" swag from unitrends though... unless Katie wants to hook a brother up ;-).

I'm glad that you're still enjoying your Unitrends shirt. Unfortunately, some of your fellow Spiceheads have already emptied my swag closet this month, but keep an eye open for some upcoming contests from us here in Spiceworks. 

Spice (2) flagReport
  • Katie (Unitrends) wrote:

TheROD. wrote:

As for unitrends, I do have their ban t-shirt :-P, I have to say its one of my favorite vendor t-shirts, made my fiancee laugh her butt off when she decided to open my mail before I got home.  I don't have a pen or any other "unique" swag from unitrends though... unless Katie wants to hook a brother up ;-).

I'm glad that you're still enjoying your Unitrends shirt. Unfortunately, some of your fellow Spiceheads have already emptied my swag closet this month, but keep an eye open for some upcoming contests from us here in Spiceworks. 

You can always just send me pens and stuffed animals :-P, I wouldn't mind a plush unitrends appliance for my desk at home.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • Hey CA-RT. I'm sure I can put some stuff together for you.

• Ditto on the plush - or real appliance for my office :-)

Spice (1) flagReport
  • I'll take free stuff too mr western digital, stuffed HDD, or even action figures of your HDD dudes.

• TheROD. wrote:

I'll take free stuff too mr western digital, stuffed HDD, or even action figures of your HDD dudes.

Haha, that's Brent, Gus, and Blake. They were a promotion from the APAC region.
    Spice (2) flagReport
  • Leonard (WD) wrote:

TheROD. wrote:

I'll take free stuff too mr western digital, stuffed HDD, or even action figures of your HDD dudes.

Haha, that's Brent, Gus, and Blake. They were a promotion from the APAC region.

Fact:  Doesn't mean I don't want 'em.

Spice (1) flagReport

Read these next...