A few additional suggestions!
- Use the code tag! It's awesome. Serif fonts for code are not awesome
- If you use the code tag, mark the correct language! I saw people marking VBScript as apache configs :\
- Let us know what platform you're on. Windows? Linux? OS X? This is important info to have!
- Help me help you! Help me help you! Try to give as much info as possible, otherwise we can't do much.
- If you have a script > 50 lines, use a paste site like pastebin.com or gist.github.com and give us the link.
Thanks for compiling this list! This is my favorite forum, but I've seen some posts lately that have strayed from these previously unwritten guidelines...
I'm glad to see this in writing!
By the way, this is the code button. Use it for pasting code into your posts!
It's the coolest button in the whole community: