Home
Join

3 Replies

• Are you using the Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk, or something else?

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Welcome to Spiceworks and its community, a community of IT professionals for IT professionals with a focus on SME. And please don't forget to read the recommendations of our field guides, especially those on getting started and on pos(t)ing good questions, including the helpful references found at the bottom of its web page.

Please provide more details:

• Do you have a help desk solution for IT support or use anything?
    • If you use a help desk solution, which one do you use in which version?
    • Did you organize your IT support in compliance to ITIL standard or does your IT support organization has several IT support emails?
    • Hence do you refer to such only IT support email or only to your IT support email among those many IT support emails existing in your organization?
    • Which monitoring and alerting solutions do you have in place at your organization to generate support emails and how are these configured to know which one to use among those many IT support emails?
    • Which call center solution do you have in place at your organization to generate support emails and how is it configured to know which one to use among those many IT support emails?

As far as I understood, your topic does not consider the support emails of the outsourced part of your IT organization as they are not generated on your domain, only for your domain, and know how to address your IT support email already. I further understood that your topic does not refer to your users at your organization as they already know how to address their emails to your IT support email for their requests and don't generate such emails but create these manually instead.

If you don't already have a help desk solution, Spiceworks offers its public Cloud edition Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk CHD) as a simple help desk solution. And its subscription is very competitive, regardless how many users your IT organization has to serve.

IT-Support-ZC wrote:

what do I need to do.

As the above field guide on posting good questions and its references reminded, it is better to provide more context to make the topic even more helpful. Answering my questions of clarification above might already make you progress. Depending on the answers and your still undisclosed situation, there may be configuration aspects, installation aspects and organizational aspects involved. We don't know yet which of these are already in place. So it makes sense to clarify also on that so that we don't need to repeat something which you already have.

0 of 1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • IT-Support-ZC wrote:

I want any support email generated on my domain to land on my IT-Support email, what do I need to do.

You've to identify all the tools in your domain which generate support emails. If your organization is large enough, there may be somewhere between a handful and dozens of such tools. So far, you were unable to identify and disclose these tools. After you identified all these tools, you've to configure these to your needs. The manuals and online documentation of these identified tools probably includes also enough information how to configure these tools as you expressed wanting. So reading those sections of manuals and documentation may accelerate your configuration of these identified tools.

But beware of the SOP in your organization. They may specify which kind of support emails have to go to which email address. Not all of these specified email addresses might coincide with your IT support email address. In that case, it is better to contact those responsible for these SOP before changing the configuration which will remove compliance with such SOPs. There were reasons for those specifications in these SOPs. If these reasons no longer exist, it would be better to first change these SOPs according to the management framework of your organization to changed email addresses as the needs may have changed. That's organizational, not technical.

And please don't forget to provide feedback about your progress.

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down

Read these next...

• Today's amusing website request

Today's amusing website request

Water Cooler

From a side group that I handle:We need to update the address information on the website.  (It's on a few different pages).Can you export the website to Microsoft Word so that we can just search and replace?Funniest request I've gotten in a while.On a sid...

• Standalone private mail server

Standalone private mail server

Security

Hi team, all this post is about personal use,Since few months, or even years, having all my mails on google servers is bothering me. So I am seriously thinking about creating a standalone mail server here in my home. The aim is not either to create huge s...

• Snap! -- Titan, Sentient AI, Chatbot Tests, Rat Czar, Wireless Electricity

Snap! -- Titan, Sentient AI, Chatbot Tests, Rat Czar, Wireless Electricity

Spiceworks Originals

Your daily dose of tech news, in brief. Welcome to the Snap! Flashback: Back on December 2, 1954, The US Navy dedicates its Naval Ordnance Research Calculator (NORC) (Read more HERE.) Bonus Flashback: Back on December 2, 1995, NASA launch...

• They had ONE job!

They had ONE job!

Security

Was trying to be a nice IT person.Transferred user computer profile from one desktop to another. All went well, no real issues, just a couple of apps the user needed to install, like Citrix Workspace. So I left local admin rights for the users account to ...

• Spark! Pro series – 2nd December 2022

Spark! Pro series – 2nd December 2022

Spiceworks Originals

I don’t know about you, but I am feeling the Christmas Spirit.  The tree is up, the packages are wrapped, the house and yard are decorated.  And the Eggnog is spiked!  Happy Friday Y’all! Just a reminder, if ...