Home
Join
check
  • Thanks folks, turns out that I forced SMB1 and 2+3 to be enabled as a sanity check on the server via elevated (admin) PowerShell:

Text
    Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters" SMB1 -Type DWORD -Value 1 -Force

Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters" SMB2 -Type DWORD -Value 1 -Force

Rebooted the server and voila, the user was able to connect without any further trouble. I kinda had a hunch about this too Da_Schmoo​ and I appreciate your suggestion, but it was working just several months prior, so it was discombobulating to experience this and I can only suspect a firmware issue on the plotter.

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • View Best Answer in replies below

4 Replies

• First thing that comes to mind is an SMB issue.  The scanner only supports SMB1 and that's disabled on the server?  (or SMB 2/3 needing to be enabled on the printer or a firmware update needed?)  Or the opposite - the scanner only supports SMB2/3 and that's not enabled on the server?

I've also seen some HP devices only wanting to scan to the top of the share - \\server_IP\share works whereas \\server_IP\share\scans does not.

Pepper graySpice (2) flagReport
      2 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
    • Is this a new setup, or is this problem occurring from a printer which succeeded in the past?  If its a new setup, I would start by double-checking the DC to be sure there aren't any group or client settings preventing access in order to verify credentials.

• Da_Schmoo wrote:

First thing that comes to mind is an SMB issue.  The scanner only supports SMB1 and that's disabled on the server?  (or SMB 2/3 needing to be enabled on the printer or a firmware update needed?)  Or the opposite - the scanner only supports SMB2/3 and that's not enabled on the server?

I've also seen some HP devices only wanting to scan to the top of the share - \\server_IP\share works whereas \\server_IP\share\scans does not.

I would also make sure the account explicitly has write permissions to the share. I've seen it fail when the user is in a security group and that group has write permissions, but it will succeed if the user account is given write permissions instead.

• Thanks folks, turns out that I forced SMB1 and 2+3 to be enabled as a sanity check on the server via elevated (admin) PowerShell:

Text
      Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters" SMB1 -Type DWORD -Value 1 -Force

Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters" SMB2 -Type DWORD -Value 1 -Force

Rebooted the server and voila, the user was able to connect without any further trouble. I kinda had a hunch about this too Da_Schmoo​ and I appreciate your suggestion, but it was working just several months prior, so it was discombobulating to experience this and I can only suspect a firmware issue on the plotter.

Read these next...