Home
Join

3 Replies

• You need to replace this file   KERNELBASE.dll,

From a working, non-crashing machine

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Thanks for your reply, but that won't help us I'm afraid. I have at least 50 random machines where this is happening and the crash doesn't always point to kernelbase.dll. It has to be something else.

I got some more information since the last time I posted:

- There is no single way to reproduce, the crash sometimes happens when you're not even using Outlook

- We have performed repairs of Office

- We have upgraded Office to the latest build (their release notes mention a lot of fixes regarding unexpected crashes)

I have spent hours and hours on trying to reproduce it and have seen crashes here and there, but nothing points to a certain behaviour that causes it. I do feel it has something to do with some data that the add-in is not being able to touch a certain moment which then isn't handled properly in the code, causing the crash. But that's just another assumption and not solid information....

Any tips to further troubleshoot are more than welcome.

• RichardMcDammer wrote:

I have at least 50 random machines where this is happening and the crash doesn't always point to kernelbase.dll. It has to be something else.

I can only provide you guidance based on what you posted, you posted that kernelbase.dll was the culprit, if it's also happening for something else, you're going to need to post each issue so we can look in to it.

Read these next...