Home
Join
check
  • AaronX wrote:

You can use the search mailbox command to search the resource mailbox and then export it to target folder.

Here's an example for your reference.

Search-Mailbox -Identity "administrator" -SearchQuery 'Subject:"1017 9/27"' -TargetMailbox bob@contoso.com -TargetFolder "inbox"

The following screenshot is the output.

In my organization this doesn't work because (by default) the Exchange recipient is not assigned a mailbox. (see link in my previous post). If it were, that mailbox would store the outgoing NDRs and you would find them with that. command.

Pepper graySpice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • View Best Answer in replies below

5 Replies

• Unfortunately, you can't.

Unless you've previously assigned a mailbox to the Exchange recipient per this procedure

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow/non-delivery-reports-and-bounce-messages/ndr-pr...Opens a new window

If you didn't set it up,  "by default, no mailbox is assigned to the Exchange recipient, so any messages that are sent to the Exchange recipient are discarded."

• You can use the search mailbox command to search the resource mailbox and then export it to target folder.

Search-Mailbox -Identity "administrator" -SearchQuery 'Subject:"1017 9/27"' -TargetMailbox bob@contoso.com -TargetFolder "inbox"

• AaronX wrote:

You can use the search mailbox command to search the resource mailbox and then export it to target folder.

In my organization this doesn't work because (by default) the Exchange recipient is not assigned a mailbox. (see link in my previous post). If it were, that mailbox would store the outgoing NDRs and you would find them with that. command.

• Hi alancoolhand, according to my test, I tested to send an email to a non-exist user in my org. After i ran the command I've posted, the original email in administrator mailbox will be imported to bob's mailbox. And you can see the email with attachment in bob's mailbox.  You need to expand it under the NDR email.

How's everything going now?  PVX12345

• Hi all

Yes agreed looks like the mail is discarded as per alancoolhand, looks like our environments are set up similarly but the idea above is interesting too, although an y changes to Exchange config are so tightly controlled I dont think we will ever get to test this...

Thanks again everyone, cheers! 

Read these next...

• Today's amusing website request

Today's amusing website request

Water Cooler

From a side group that I handle:We need to update the address information on the website.  (It's on a few different pages).Can you export the website to Microsoft Word so that we can just search and replace?Funniest request I've gotten in a while.On a sid...

• Standalone private mail server

Standalone private mail server

Security

Hi team, all this post is about personal use,Since few months, or even years, having all my mails on google servers is bothering me. So I am seriously thinking about creating a standalone mail server here in my home. The aim is not either to create huge s...

• Snap! -- Titan, Sentient AI, Chatbot Tests, Rat Czar, Wireless Electricity

Snap! -- Titan, Sentient AI, Chatbot Tests, Rat Czar, Wireless Electricity

Spiceworks Originals

Your daily dose of tech news, in brief. Welcome to the Snap! Flashback: Back on December 2, 1954, The US Navy dedicates its Naval Ordnance Research Calculator (NORC) (Read more HERE.) Bonus Flashback: Back on December 2, 1995, NASA launch...

• They had ONE job!

They had ONE job!

Security

Was trying to be a nice IT person.Transferred user computer profile from one desktop to another. All went well, no real issues, just a couple of apps the user needed to install, like Citrix Workspace. So I left local admin rights for the users account to ...

• Spark! Pro series – 2nd December 2022

Spark! Pro series – 2nd December 2022

Spiceworks Originals

I don’t know about you, but I am feeling the Christmas Spirit.  The tree is up, the packages are wrapped, the house and yard are decorated.  And the Eggnog is spiked!  Happy Friday Y’all! Just a reminder, if ...