Home
Join

9 Replies

• Check the default sensitivity settings in Outlook for the account that is used by Sage, it should nit affect how it is sent /received. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/mark-your-email-as-normal-personal-private-or-confidentia...Opens a new window  

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Thanks for the suggestion. The default level is set to normal, but sage seems to bypass this of it's own accord.

• You could defer the message and remove the sensitivity with an Outlook  rule

• Ok thanks, i'll give that a try and see if it works.

• Sounds like the old Outlook Client issue where is does not download any email with delegated access that is marked as private. So the recipient thinks they have not received the email in Outlook. It will be visible in OWA only.

If the emails are going through Exchange then add a transport rule to match the sender and set message header 'Sensitivity' with the value 'normal'.

• ok thanks Paul007​ - I'll give this a try too. 

But surely this is Sage initiating this change though when it's generating the email and outputting it to outlook. It pings it straight into the drafts folder and as mentioned there's no option to control the default sensitivity.

All emails generated within outlook do not have this default sensitivity. 

• I am not familiar with how Sage sends the email but I think it is likely Sage setting the emails as private.

Assuming you do not have Microsoft 365 Sensitivity Label Policies setup, in Purview, which can also be applying to emails automatically.

Either way I would try the transport rule first.

• Cheers Paul007​ - on further investigation

When i check the outlook email with PDF from sage, which auto drops into the draft folder of my outlook account. The sensitivity of the email at this point is normal. 

However when i then double click into that email in drafts to view it and then hit send (to myself) the sent email sensitivity shows as "please treat this as private" in my sent email box. 

So i can't figure out what is happening here. If i send an email with pdf attachment from within outlook i.e. add/attach a PDF, i do not get this change of sensitivity. 

Since the default sensitivity in outlook is set to normal, do you have any idea what is controlling the change here?

it seems like it's either pre-coded into the sage invoice/email or outlook is doing this with a 3rd party generated pdf from sage.

• Sorry I cannot think of anything causing the change.

Have you checked your transport rules?

Read these next...

• Simple command to monitor Windows 10 temperature?

Simple command to monitor Windows 10 temperature?

Hardware

I feel like this has probably been address before, although I was wondering if someone is aware of a simple command I can run to report the internal temperature of a Windows 10 PC?I think all computers monitor the temperature, although I've only found thi...

• Remote access to DVR?

Remote access to DVR?

Security

Hi!I have an older Hikvision DVR that I need to provide remote access to. The users would be mainly accessing it from their smartphones. I tested their software, iVMS, by assigning one of my public IP's to the DVR and it worked fine. However the issue is ...

• Snap! -- Survival Kits, Forest Bubble on Mars, AI Movie Plots, Leprosy & Livers

Snap! -- Survival Kits, Forest Bubble on Mars, AI Movie Plots, Leprosy & Livers

Spiceworks Originals

Your daily dose of tech news, in brief. Welcome to the Snap! Flashback: Back on December 6, 1907, Mathematical Logician J. Barkley Rosser Born (Read more HERE.) Bonus Flashback: Back on December 6, 1998, International Space Station assemb...

• Spark! Pro Series - 6 December 2022

Spark! Pro Series - 6 December 2022

Spiceworks Originals

Today in History: 6 December 1240 – Mongols led by Batu Khan occupy and destroy Kyiv after an 8 day siege; out of 50,000 people in the city only 2,000 survive 1849 – Harriet Tubman escapes from slavery in Maryl...

• The most boring but interesting Phishing Attempt I've seen

The most boring but interesting Phishing Attempt I've seen

Security

Hello There,We've recently had a phishy email come through to one of our employees with an attachment to something work related. But here's the interesting part: The email was spoofed. When checked, the address was that of our own domain, however the emai...