Home
Join

2 Replies

• Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk​ (CHD) with Spiceworks Inventory Online​ and Spiceworks Vendor Contracts meets all your requirements. In addition, you get Spiceworks Connectivity Dashboard. It is still evolving and under active development. Basic reporting is included in CHD and offers Microsoft Power BI​ integration if you want more reporting. Spiceworks Vendor Contracts is the Cloud component for software renewal management. It does not do the actual renewal. It alerts you when time for renewal is coming. You may configure it how much time before expiry resp. renewal you want to receive alerts in order to allow you preparations or negotiations for renewal or replacement. And if you want separate instances per department, you'll select an owner per instance resp. department. Staff for those help desks will not overlap neither. You'll have staff, each working for its assigned department. You may vote up feature requests to influence future development or add you own feature requests. And the price is affordable and competitive IMHO as it is free. Spiceworks abandoned its paid option and has no intention to return.

Pepper graySpice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • There are a lot of options for help desk ticketing software out there. Some of them are more complex than others, and some come with features that are more commonly useful for larger organizations. There are a few that I would recommend taking a look at, depending on your needs: 

1. Freshservice: This is a cloud-based help desk software that comes with asset management, software renewal management, and reporting features. It also has a free tier for small organizations. 

2. Zendesk: This is another cloud-based help desk software that has a free tier for small organizations. It comes with decent reporting and asset management features. -

3. Spiceworks: This is a free, on-premises help desk software that comes with asset management, software renewal management, and reporting features.

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down

Read these next...

• Simple command to monitor Windows 10 temperature?

Simple command to monitor Windows 10 temperature?

Hardware

I feel like this has probably been address before, although I was wondering if someone is aware of a simple command I can run to report the internal temperature of a Windows 10 PC?I think all computers monitor the temperature, although I've only found thi...

• Remote access to DVR?

Remote access to DVR?

Security

Hi!I have an older Hikvision DVR that I need to provide remote access to. The users would be mainly accessing it from their smartphones. I tested their software, iVMS, by assigning one of my public IP's to the DVR and it worked fine. However the issue is ...

• Snap! -- Survival Kits, Forest Bubble on Mars, AI Movie Plots, Leprosy & Livers

Snap! -- Survival Kits, Forest Bubble on Mars, AI Movie Plots, Leprosy & Livers

Spiceworks Originals

Your daily dose of tech news, in brief. Welcome to the Snap! Flashback: Back on December 6, 1907, Mathematical Logician J. Barkley Rosser Born (Read more HERE.) Bonus Flashback: Back on December 6, 1998, International Space Station assemb...

• Spark! Pro Series - 6 December 2022

Spark! Pro Series - 6 December 2022

Spiceworks Originals

Today in History: 6 December 1240 – Mongols led by Batu Khan occupy and destroy Kyiv after an 8 day siege; out of 50,000 people in the city only 2,000 survive 1849 – Harriet Tubman escapes from slavery in Maryl...

• The most boring but interesting Phishing Attempt I've seen

The most boring but interesting Phishing Attempt I've seen

Security

Hello There,We've recently had a phishy email come through to one of our employees with an attachment to something work related. But here's the interesting part: The email was spoofed. When checked, the address was that of our own domain, however the emai...