Home
Join

9 Replies

• Was it working before? Anything changed recently? Have you looked at the DID mapping destination to the phone code not the VM code under destination?
    I would say maybe copy another user settings or create new and apply and change the destinations and see if that works. Or try from last back-up if you have one.
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • It wasn't working before, infact they were getting a busy signal. That was due to a missing destination in the Incoming call route. After I added the destination this is what happened.

• Do you have another DID available to test it or maybe temporary swap it with another DID to see. It is most likely a user settings issues, maybe it's going to a hunt group that is not going anywhere? Have you tried creating a new user account and move the extension to that?

• I deleted the user and recreated it with the same result.

• What is the destination that you set for the DID? Voicemail will answer with the login prompt if you target a module that doesn't exist. Do you have a conflicting shortcode, duplicate route, duplicate user extension number?

• The destination for the DID is the user extension. No shortcodes or anything fancy.

• That DID is probably linked somewhere either a hunt group that is going to VM or something directing that DID to VM.

Try with a different DID number?

• Also, there is a Avaya call monitor that might be able to tell you what is happening when a call is made to the DID where it's routing to. Have you checked the activity log?

• Also try stopping and restarting the Voicemail Pro services. Just fielded a call with a customer with the exact same scenario, the call rang the extension, but when covering to voicemail, it answered with the login prompt instead of the mailbox. VM had "forgotten" all of the extensions at this one networked site, restart of VM service brought the mailboxes back and all is good

Read these next...