Home
Join

2 Replies

• This isn't done in eDiscovery as that will audit services, not apps (and thereby content) on devices.

This would be in Intune, assuming the device/app is enrolled and the user opted in for personal data collection. If it's BYOD and they opted out (only allowing email to be connected for instance, and you can manage just the Outlook app as an example) then you wouldnt be able to export texts, but if you enrolled the device before issuing to the user than you'd be able to export texts.

Here's a link on Intune text exports, if it's enrolled and their SMS app is in scope to be exportable. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/protect/privacy-data-audit-export-deleteOpens a new window

Pepper graySpice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I believe eDiscovery is just the process of handing over necessary documents in electronic format such as emails, SMS, videos, etc.

The SMS messages the client is after are on a personal phone but are still relevant to whatever case it is that they are working on.

The mobile phone is not enrolled in Intune. so SMS can not be gathered that way. Surely there's an easy way to bulk export all SMS stored on a phone though

Sorry if i haven't been clear about what I'm asking, thanks for you're help

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down

Read these next...