Home
Join

4 Replies

• We can't deactivate your account to allow you to join a new inventory... doesn't work that way.  Can you tell me the ticket number for the email you wrote to support?

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Ticket SS1-73856

• That ticket doesn't say what you explained in your post.  If you respond to that ticket, explain your problem, and answer his question, Brendan should be able to help you.

(Assuming that the person who replied and the OP are the same person in this case, with different accounts, but if I am wrong, OP, please send me your ticket number.)

• visibility_off Reply hidden by Spiceworks

Welcome to Spiceworks and its community, a community of IT professionals for IT professionals with a focus on SME. And please don't forget to read the recommendations of our field guides, especially those on getting started and on pos(t)ing good questions, including the helpful references found at the bottom of its web page.

Bonalume wrote:

I need to join a new inventory that my boss invited me

So far, I'm able to follow.

• Does this mean you want to newly join another existing instance of the public Cloud solution Spiceworks Inventory Online while wanting to keep your membership in undisclosed role of your current instance of Spiceworks Inventory Online?

Bonalume wrote:

but I need my account deactivated

• Why do you need your account deactivated?

Sounds not logic. Above, you mentioned to want to join an existing instance of Spiceworks Inventory Online. You did not disclose which membership of Spiceworks Inventory Online you already have in which role and what you want to do with that existing membership. And by now claiming to want your account deactivated, you clarified that you don't want to join such existing instance of Spiceworks Inventory Online nor to continue using your current membership of your undisclosed instance of Spiceworks Inventory Online. For usage of your current membership of undisclosed instance of Spiceworks Inventory Online, you would need your Spiceworks account active. For joining another existing instance of Spiceworks Inventory Online, you'll also need an active Spiceworks account. And as the error message explained you, you may not have membership for two instances of Spiceworks Inventory Online with a single Spiceworks account. You would need one active Spiceworks account per instance of Spiceworks Inventory Online. And deactivating a Spiceworks account does not remove its memberships nor permissions. They will remain unchanged.

Bonalume wrote:

I sent an email to support who asked me to come to the community to request the service

• And which service did you ask Spiceworks support so that they referred you to our community?

As Suzanne clarified, the content of your Spiceworks support ticket is a different one than this topic here. As we don't have access to your support ticket, you would need to repeat your request which you already told to Spiceworks support.

• Does your issue still persist?
    • How did you decide about membership of your current and undisclosed instance of Spiceworks Inventory Online?
    • Which solution are you aiming to?

Read these next...