Home
Join

8 Replies

• Anyone else seeing this?

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Acceleration may be at issue here. I've seen debilitating issues with acceleration and Chrome on Macs.

Search your Chrome settings and flip the switch. If the problem goes away, it's a driver / timing conflict with the Chrome renderer.

Pepper graySpice (1) flagReport
  • Suzanne (Spiceworks)​, FWIW, this is not anything that is dampening my enthusiasm or usability of Spiceworks, but it was so strange it is more a curiosity. I would not blame anyone at Spiceworks from responding to this with "Pfft. That's gotta be a hardware problem or something with his video."  I simply cannot get my head around it.  Despite it's moderate speed, I've been unable to get my hands on screen capture fast enough to catch it, and it would be telling just to see if it actually appears in the screen capture or not.

If I can get a visual, I'll post it here.  It's not happening with any regularity.

• DZee wrote:

Suzanne (Spiceworks)​, FWIW, this is not anything that is dampening my enthusiasm or usability of Spiceworks, but it was so strange it is more a curiosity. I would not blame anyone at Spiceworks from responding to this with "Pfft. That's gotta be a hardware problem or something with his video."  I simply cannot get my head around it.  Despite it's moderate speed, I've been unable to get my hands on screen capture fast enough to catch it, and it would be telling just to see if it actually appears in the screen capture or not.

If I can get a visual, I'll post it here.  It's not happening with any regularity.

Oh, no worries.  If it is us, it wouldn't be the first bug we inadvertently introduced. :)  Just can't write a ticket for it if I can't get some additional documentation.  (And not saying there aren't phantom problems that aren't able to be pinned down either, just that unfortunately if we can't duplicate it, we won't be able to fix it.)

• Suzanne (Spiceworks) wrote:

Just can't write a ticket for it if I can't get some additional documentation.  (And not saying there aren't phantom problems that aren't able to be pinned down either, just that unfortunately if we can't duplicate it, we won't be able to fix it.)

LOL. I run a dev shop and that's exactly what I say: "We can't fix what we can't reproduce.  How would we know when it was fixed?"  At this point, I'd be happy to know whether or not anyone else can corroborate.

1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • DZee wrote:

Suzanne (Spiceworks) wrote:

Just can't write a ticket for it if I can't get some additional documentation.  (And not saying there aren't phantom problems that aren't able to be pinned down either, just that unfortunately if we can't duplicate it, we won't be able to fix it.)

LOL. I run a dev shop and that's exactly what I say: "We can't fix what we can't reproduce.  How would we know when it was fixed?"  At this point, I'd be happy to know whether or not anyone else can corroborate.

I haven't seen this myself, but if it's only within the rendering window for the site, my first instinct would be to check on any Chrome plugins I had installed. Does it happen in an incognito window? 

• Good idea, Mike.  I may not know for a while if it did anything for sure since it's so sporadic, but that's worth a shot.  I'm also using Edge to compare with a second chromium-based browser.

• It just happened again. Started less than an inch from the top of the web page this time.  Could not catch it.  May have to setup a surveillance webcam.  Lol.

Read these next...