Home
Join

2 Replies

• I had a position coach on my college football team that I talked with regularly. He knew I was kind of a shy/quite person so he made it a point to come over and talk with me whenever he saw me. Usually to just chat about my shoes that I was wearing for the day, my school work, and life in general. He knew I struggled with anxiety during my early college years but he always reassured me that things take time. He always believed in my potential as a player and as a student. He told me that life is a marathon, not a sprint. I have heard that quote a couple times but for some reason when he said it, it just stuck a little more with me that day. I am grateful for having a mentor like him in my life and helping me through an uneasy and tougher time in my life. 

Spice (3) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • It was a fun interview. This was also very real and I seriously considered getting out of IT a few years back, it got so bad. 

Don't let it get bad. When you start to feel burnout, take a step back and look at what you can do for you. Not what more you can do to satisfy others who can never be satisfied.  

Spice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down

Read these next...