Home
Join

8 Replies

• If it is across WAN....do a tracert and see where the ping ends.... ping are like 1st level tests....use tracert.

Could be some devices or even device at point-B block incoming ICMP or  ping ?

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • adrian_ych wrote:

If it is across WAN....do a tracert and see where the ping ends.... ping are like 1st level tests....use tracert.

If the OP uses a Windows system, pathping could be helpful too.

hass71 wrote:

I've ping reply from point A to point B but no ping reply from B to A

Where can the problem ?

A bit more context info might be helpful. I don't know if they all share the same network and broadcast domain. I don't think so. That's why routing info, DNS info and firewall info might become relevant. I guess that either a routing info is missing or DNS configured insufficiently. It might be also some conflict between DNS and mDNS as there are still enough organizations not having realized Microsofts change of mind almost 15 years ago to become more compliant with Internet standards in order to cause less conflicts when providing Internet access for Windows computers. And it might be a network configuration to disable echo reply as a means to protect against certain network scans of 3rd parties to make it harder for hackers to discover network infrastructure details. So you've quiet a set of possible reasons and would need to analyze further. Or if you had already analyzed further, you might disclose what you had already tried and hence which possible causes might already be excluded.
  • Use traceroute command from site b to site a, look for last IP address that is dropping your packets, your problem could be around where packets are dropping or not responding.

• have you solved your problem?

• Check that no device has a duplex mismatch do any of the local switch to router connections use copper?

Is the WAN service a private point to point - or routed network. If routed then traceroute and raise issue with service provider. If point to point it is strange, make sure no firewall or other ACL blocking ping is in place.

• Is the Microtik performing site-to-site VPN services or do you have a direct link (MPLS/bridge) through the ISP?  if you are using site-to-site VPN, then you may have an issue with duplicate subnets.  i.e. you may think you're pinging A to B but really you're pinging A1 to A2.  

If you've confirmed each segment has its own separate subnet, then check the access lists or defined network routes in your site-to-site VPN tunnel.  each segment should have it's own subnet (site A 10.0.10.x, site B 10.0.20.x)

• Another thing

I'm trying to send stream from B  to A through SRT protocol but it's not working as well as the internet service.

while RTSP is working from B to A and everything else is not working

• hass71 wrote:

Another thing

Have you tried asking your service provider? If you have an equal configuration at A and B on your side, the problem is probably hiding somewhere in the provider's equipment/settings.

Read these next...