Home
Join

6 Replies

• Only 2 options ?? Ink et vs Laser ?

Do consider their speeds if your users need it....20PPM vs 36 PPM (per color image)

Then look at the toner vs ink per cartridge page-yield vs cost as well and go a cost comparison as per 100,000 mono & 100,000 color (depending what color images you print)

Next is to look at other parts like ink print head costs (inket) and fuser costs (laser) as this can also be a killer for some brands.

Also look at add-ons like the 250 or 550 sheet paper tray etc.

Lastly is to see the monthly duty cycle to see if the machine can handle your loads

Spice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • If this is your only office and your only site, then Adrian has already outlined the questions which come to my mind. I would also think if output management may impact future needs for reducing the share of color pages printed and the print volume. But if more than one site and more offices exist, then you may already have policies and corporate agreements in place which would impose further constraints. E.g. when there are several offices in a floor, I'm used that these offices have to share printers and that there might be separate printers for color and for black/white. Times have long gone when I was used to have a printer per office. And if you use managed output management, then the choice of printer(s) become the choice of your service provider. And still another option is leasing.

• Why did you consider buying to be the most appropriate option?
  • scheff1 wrote:

If this is your only office and your only site, ....

Maybe coz only max 6000 sheets a month, effectively 200 sheets per weekday and budget of $1K with 1 or 2 expendables change a month (depending on ink or toner yield).

OP never even considered about print quality etc...especially full or 1/2 page photo etc else that would have been a no-brainer.

• If they are your only two options, then you'd go the laser printer.  In the long run it will be cheaper, even factoring in the big expenses when a fuser needs replacing.

scheff1 wrote:

Never yet have I seen leasing to be cost beneficial no matter how it is spun.  Yes it moves "maintenance" to someone else, unless of course your users need it to work "right now" and you'll be supporting it anyway.

• You need to provide more accurate information. You state a volume of 5000 pages per month, which works out to 200 pages a day or roughly 25 pages per hour. With that amount of paper consumed, nobody is constantly printing, let alone 4 users. Do you currently consume an entire box of paper every month?  Have you checked the duty cycles of these products to determine how long you can expect them to last?           
  • I would for sure go with a laser printer if you are printing at that volume.

Spice (1) flagReport

Read these next...