Home
Join
check
  • Br@d​ As a test, I just created a powerautomate routine to mark some automated Email notifications to "Read". Basically, it does this when the message arrives into your Inbox - and it works in both the Outlook Client and also the Cloud. If you need a bit of assistance, I will try and help.

Mine looks like this:

Kind Regards, Stephen 

• local_offer Tagged Items
    • Br@dBr@d
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • View Best Answer in replies below

11 Replies

• Is this something you need to do over and over?  Just right clicking on a folder has that option.  Or you can highlight all kinds of files at one time and right click and all will be read.  In Example below I right click on the JUNK items folder and I can click MARK ALL A READ and it marks them all as read.

0 of 1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
    • This is over and over and over again... Basically logs that are not my responsibility, buy others are.. that is why a want a Marco, so I don't have to keep doing it manually.  I also don't want to use a rule as the rule would require Outlook to be open to process. This would mean that I'd get all the messages I don't want in my phones mailbox until I open Outlook on a desktop

• You can create a custom search folder with unread emails.

Follow below screenshots.

1.Create custom search folder.

Click the button Criteria to specify what items this search folder contains.

Click the tab More Choices. Check the checkbox Only items that are. Select unread, which is the default. Click OK.  

3.Then you can mark all unread emails as read.

1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
    • Are you using and Office 365 subscription for you Email?

If so, Microsoft PowerAutomate has loads of built in Macros (and Templates to make new ones). These will run directly on your O365 Mailbox, so processing will occur before it even hits your mobile / desktop applications.

I use one to automatically save Email attachments into my OneDrive.

https://make.powerautomate.com/

• Br@d wrote:

I also don't want to use a rule as the rule would require Outlook to be open to process.

If this is a Microsoft Mailbox, your rules will fire when they hit your mailbox. So, it isn't necessary to have Outlook open. 

• studiotwo wrote:

Br@d wrote:

I also don't want to use a rule as the rule would require Outlook to be open to process.

If this is a Microsoft Mailbox, your rules will fire when they hit your mailbox. So, it isn't necessary to have Outlook open. 

This is O365 but as soon I set the "mark it as read" option, the rule is switched to client-only, meaning outlook will have to be open. I've tested and confirmed

Spice (1) flagReport
    • AaronX wrote:

You can create a custom search folder with unread emails.

Follow below screenshots.

1.Create custom search folder.

Click the button Criteria to specify what items this search folder contains.

Click the tab More Choices. Check the checkbox Only items that are. Select unread, which is the default. Click OK.  

3.Then you can mark all unread emails as read.

neat idea, but not dynamic enough for this use case, but I can think of other ways this will come in handy, thanks!

• I'll look into that - thanks 

studiotwo wrote:

Are you using and Office 365 subscription for you Email?

If so, Microsoft PowerAutomate has loads of built in Macros (and Templates to make new ones). These will run directly on your O365 Mailbox, so processing will occur before it even hits your mobile / desktop applications.

I use one to automatically save Email attachments into my OneDrive.

https://make.powerautomate.com/

• Br@d​ As a test, I just created a powerautomate routine to mark some automated Email notifications to "Read". Basically, it does this when the message arrives into your Inbox - and it works in both the Outlook Client and also the Cloud. If you need a bit of assistance, I will try and help.

Mine looks like this:

Kind Regards, Stephen 

• local_offer Tagged Items
      • Br@dBr@d
    • studiotwo wrote:

Br@d​ As a test, I just created a powerautomate routine to mark some automated Email notifications to "Read". Basically, it does this when the message arrives into your Inbox - and it works in both the Outlook Client and also the Cloud. If you need a bit of assistance, I will try and help.

Mine looks like this:

Kind Regards, Stephen 

Yup, found a vid too, very easy and straight forward, THANKS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHZvtzjDcpQ

PowerAutomate for the win

• Great! Thanks for the update.

Read these next...