Home
Join

2 Replies

• SlavaKim wrote:

I have 3 types of errors with devices. I'm most interested in 2 error.

• Which Spiceworks solution do you use?
    • Where did you get this undisclosed solution from?
    • Which version of this undisclosed solution do you use?
    • Which components of undisclosed Spiceworks solution do you use?
    • Do you use this undisclosed Spiceworks solution in workgroup setup or in AD setup?
    • How do you manage your Windows firewall and how did you configure it?

The warning lets me assume that you decided to use the discontinued legacy Windows edition of Spiceworks. Already 15 months ago, it was announced that it will reach EOL now 8 months ago. And 9 months ago, it started to display a reminder that it will reach EOL 8 months ago. That was before you installed it as you joined our community only this year, after EOL of the discontinued edition. Although it was still available, there no longer existed a download link in a product description. Nevertheless, you decided to install it. After you installed it, you saw this reminder that it reached EOL before you installed it. So if you moved it into production anyway, this was your decision of handling this warning in its dashboard.

Since about end of June of this year, the discontinued Windows edition of Spiceworks is no longer available for download from Spiceworks. The only places with available downloads are public software repositories on Internet. Some of these continue to offer the last version (7.5.00107) of the discontinued edition while others offer even older version instead.

SlavaKim wrote:

How can I solve it?

According to my assumptions of what you started to use, you've two options to fix:

• Start afresh with the public Spiceworks Cloud solution Spiceworks Inventory Online​ and its companion components
    • Migrate to the public Spiceworks cloud solution Spiceworks Inventory Online and its companion components

These are fully supported and don't need such firewall settings criticized in your screenshot.

And if you did not change your Windows firewall settings, then your Windows configuration was allowing your applications to change Windows firewall settings. This is default for consumers. For business purposes, you may want a more controlled and more managed firewall configuration than such consumer defaults.
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Start menu -> search CMD -> right click run as administrator.

c:\> gpupdate

c:\> netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="windows management instrumentation (wmi)" new enable=yes

c:\> netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="remote administration" new enable=yes

c:\> reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Regards,
    J Wick

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down

Read these next...