Home
Join

11 Replies

• I'm unfamiliar with the exact system, I had a much older EMC (real EMC before Dell). Those messages read to me like it started to zero out and wiped out the blk set config already but did not complete the overwrite. My thought would be to recreate the volume, overwrite again. Question is if you are able to select the exact same drive set to recreate the volume before zeroing.

1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • I am not able to create a volume because filesys is disabled and will not restart due to the interruption that occurred during the destroy process.  The option to create a file system in the GUI is not even available currently.  From the CLI, it says that the file system already exists.

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Would anyone have any suggestions or steps on how to manually destroy the file system from CLI?

• Can anyone help?

• Good night, I have the same problem on a DD6300 after performing a filesys destroy, so I've been researching I believe we have to reinstall DDOS through the USB port, I'm searching trying to find it if I get something posted here. Good luck

• This link explains the process further. If you can get the iso to prepare the USB thank you if you can share, I'm trying here too. Thanks

https://www.dell.com/community/Data-Domain/USB-module-to-initialize-DDOS/td-p/7107578

• Thanks for joining the quest! If I find resolution I will be sure to include it here.

• @spicehead, how could one go about getting an image for the USB stick?
    Also, what do you happen to know if it would wipe the licensing? I do not have the original license file to restore unfortunately.

• The license is simple, you just need to have the device's Serial. And you get it through the Dell EMC licensing site.

https://licensing.emc.com/#/homepage

• What is the firmware version of your DD6300??? Mine is on 6.0.2.30.

• Unfortunately, I do not have a subscription on this device.  It is being used for R&D.

Read these next...