Home
Join
check
  • You have to create an M365 tenant first.  It will be  yourdomain.onmicrosoft.com .

Data in your VLSC account will be located in the M365 account going forward.  (keys/media)

This is the first step in getting the two linked up.

Keep in mind that you are setting up the M365 tenant that your organization will be using going forward - not only for VL stuff but any M365/O365 services they may use in the future so you need to make sure your data is good - this isn't a throwaway type account.

You should use something generic for the initial account - M365Admin@yourdomain.onmicrosoft.com - or something like that that's not tied to an individual.  After the tenant is created, you can create your account under that giving it Admin privileges.

Spice (2) flagReport
    1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • View Best Answer in replies below

4 Replies

• Hey there,

it just needs to be an email address you control.

You can be signed up for a "work account" and a "private account" with the same address. If you then login with that account it will prompt you, if you wanna go to the business/work account or your private one. I'd assume the prompt doesn't happen, if you only signed up for a work account with that email.

That can be pretty confusing, so it's probably good to use a generic account that your whole IT team (if you have one...) has access to or an address that doesn't get deactivated if certain employees leave.

Hope that helps!

Best

jspr

Spice (1) flagReport
      Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
    • ... also... if you used a specific email address when you purchased the volume licenses, it's probably good for consitency, to use that same address... unless that is a personal email address, I guess...

Spice (1) flagReport
    • jspr wrote:

... also... if you used a specific email address when you purchased the volume licenses, it's probably good for consitency, to use that same address... unless that is a personal email address, I guess...

The address is seemingly a personal email address too... messy

Sounds like I need to create the me.mycharity@onmicrosoft.com account first

• You have to create an M365 tenant first.  It will be  yourdomain.onmicrosoft.com .

Data in your VLSC account will be located in the M365 account going forward.  (keys/media)

This is the first step in getting the two linked up.

Keep in mind that you are setting up the M365 tenant that your organization will be using going forward - not only for VL stuff but any M365/O365 services they may use in the future so you need to make sure your data is good - this isn't a throwaway type account.

You should use something generic for the initial account - M365Admin@yourdomain.onmicrosoft.com - or something like that that's not tied to an individual.  After the tenant is created, you can create your account under that giving it Admin privileges.

Spice (2) flagReport
      1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down

Read these next...