Home
Join

2 Replies

• Hi,

Are you talking about applying for Verified Professional?

If so, the normal way is to write to community@spiceworks.com and let us know that your application needs to be denied so that you can redo it.  That's probably best this time too, just because we might have to discuss what email address your account is under, etc. and we don't want any private information like that posted in public.

If that isn't what you are talking about, please clarify, and sorry for misunderstanding.

Z

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Welcome to Spiceworks and its community, a community of IT professionals for IT professionals with a focus on SME. And please don't forget to read the recommendations of our field guides, especially those on getting started and on pos(t)ing good questions, including the helpful references found at the bottom of its web page.

smithm4 wrote:

How do I go in and change the community setting?

In logged out view, you may probably only configure community settings via blocking or enabling cookies and by removing cookies. And you are able to log in order to get to logged in view.
    In logged in view, you'll see your avatar on the top (global) navigation line of your web page, on the right. When you click on it, you'll get a menu displayed. Then click on Account Settings. That will get you into your community account settings (and statistics). One of those account settings is called Community Settings. As I try it myself, I see that seams to have changed since I visited last. There are not many settings there. Not all of them seem to be editable so that you may seek assistance via the email already mentioned by Suzanne.
    • So are you sure that you mean the community settings and neither your community profile nor some other settings like various kinds of notifications?

If you need to change your organization as claimed in your topic title and not mentioned in your opic description, this is not done in community settings but in your community profile. When you're in your profile, you'll see a button to edit your profile. But organization info is not stored there. Organization info is stored in the Job Experience section of your community profile. It is editable. You'll see a pen icon for going into edit mode for each job record of your profile. Currently, I don't see any organization info nor any job info in your profile. So I don't know what you want to change. And when you're in your account settings, you'll also see a link called edit your profile. You may use this one too. It does not what is its name. It does NOT put you into edit mode of your profile. Instead it forwards you to your community profile in standard view, not in edit mode. The button for switching to edit mode is only there, and only that button will put you in edit mode of your profile. But the edit mode of your profile is only for editing a subset of your profile which others may see when hovering your avatar or your community name in certain views on the community platform.

And it seems to me that documentation for all this is partially outdated.

0 of 1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down

Read these next...