Home
Join

11 Replies

• Where I work at, it has mostly been hardware parts that needed for an upgrade or a whole new replacement. 
    Spice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
    1. Keyboard and mice
    2. Headsets
    3. The entire laptop & docking stations. Cause users....
    Spice (4) flagReport
  • Just keeping up on updates.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • The header and topic does not match..... how can we remotely replace hardware unless the spares are available remotely and the users are IT savvy ??

I even have users that panic when replacing batt for their wireless mouse.

Spice (4) flagReport
  • Keyboard and mice

Headsets

Replacing desktops with laptops

Users - yes we are experiencing a lot of turnover

Spice (3) flagReport
  • Replace complete hardware, because users. 

It's not a toy for your kids to play with!  -face palm-

Spice (3) flagReport
  • Honestly, it's been a bunch of hardware for us. After lockdown, we shifted to including more mobile devices for our coworkers. We also started ramping up our wireless keyboard and mouse inventory (no more included e-waste for my colleagues).

We have been on a new desktop inventory spree once we figured out the requirements for Windows 11. Better to get the goods now when we have the budget than struggle when we're out of compliance.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • Currently its hardware. I have a couple of older systems that I have been working to phase out of our environment. So far so good. 

Spice (2) flagReport
  • We own the building so remote is end user stuff that isn't supposed to be supported by IT. Last request was for a home internet outage that occured 2 weeks after going out to install a new monitor.  Yes, monitors are too hard for some people and since hardware was touched by me that had to be the cause of the outage. Router was in the closet under the stairs and wired nicely for ease of access but the owner had piled so much junk in there that it got completely covered in magazines then overheated and died honorably. ISP got to deal with that after initial troubleshooting. I heard the isp tech emptied the shelf that the hardware was one and threatened to charge for the service call if it was buried again.
    Spice (2) flagReport
  • Hardware mostly since laptops always disappear or get stolen

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Primarily hardware, replacing older laptop unit & peripherals.  

Read these next...

• Snap! Maggie malware, Bring Your Own Driver, Win11 remote desktop issues, & more

Snap! Maggie malware, Bring Your Own Driver, Win11 remote desktop issues, & more

Spiceworks Originals

Your daily dose of tech news, in brief. Welcome to Thursday, October 6, 2022. If we roll back the calendar 39 years to 1983, today is the day that it went public after recording revenues of $12.8 million for the previous 12 months. It was over a de...

• What does your IT team use for password management?

What does your IT team use for password management?

Security

I use BitWarden for my own personal password management and it's fantastic. In the past, I've used a handful of different password managers in the workplace, including KeePass v2​, Secret Server​, LastPass​, and even just *cough* Excel.... 🥸Currently, we'...

• Upgrade Exchange 2013 to Exchange 2019

Upgrade Exchange 2013 to Exchange 2019

Collaboration

As the  Exchange 2013 is going to be end of life in April 2023, we will be upgrading / migrating our current setup to Exchange 2019.We are currently using MS Exchange 2013 Standard CU23 with Latest SU. We have 2 CAS servers in NLB and 4 Mailbox servers in...

• Spark! Pro series - 6th October 2022

Spark! Pro series - 6th October 2022

Spiceworks Originals

Today in History: 1866 -  The Reno brothers carry out the first train robbery in U.S. history On October 6, 1866, the brothers John and Simeon Reno stage the first train robbery in American history, making off with $13,000 from an Ohio and Mississ...

• IT Site -Network Survey Tools

IT Site -Network Survey Tools

Software

Hello,Need advice on any free forms or software to use to assist in doing IT site surveys of small business 50 users max with 4 different locations.Any not so expensive software that you have used let me know. We will be going onsite to each site first ti...