Home
Join

10 Replies

• With all of our crazy schedules, I enjoy attending in person. If nothing else to engage in the comments with other users. Often I don't have the time and have to come back to it later.

Spice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I prefer live that unless I take time off from work, there is always other things going on in the background I have to deal with at the same time which does not allow me to focus completely on the event.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • Try is the operative word there, I try but generally fail to attend online events. There's generally something occupying me when it's time for it and I end up watching a recording if available. That's for work stuff, I don't even attempt to watch anything live for personal stuff, mostly it's not even an option.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • I'm an on-demand kinda person. Tried attending some events live but something always seems to happen which needs my attention. I remember trying to check out SW Virtual in 2020 and spectacularly failed. We were in the process of getting a new public safety building running and everything just went wrong that week.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Phecto nailed it--I like to attend live, but only make it about half the time.

That said, I haven't missed any of the virtual meetings that were also virtual happy hours.

Spice (1) flagReport
    1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • "Events" as in not work-related/vendor updates (mandatory for the job) I do not attend in person or virtually. Otherwise I do not have a choice in venue, timing, etc., so I attend when it's scheduled.

• I always try to attend the event when its virtually live rather then on-demand. I don't mind on-demand though

• I prefer live events with tech because it's better to see demos live and to get away from my desk for a while.  Virtual I don't really pay attention to

• The possibility to ask questions at the end of a live event is important to me and therefore on demand is the worse choice for me.

• I usually try attending when scheduled. Sometimes I succeed. Sometimes I'm a few minutes late. Sometimes I'm almost half an hour late. In that case, I'm still attending but using the recording in addition if available. And when I fail, I usually look for the recording as far as available.

Read these next...