Home
Join

6 Replies

• Have done that with analog phones through ATA. No server was inolved.

Perhaps you can simulate with softphones on different PCs

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Thanks, I think I have still some ata adaptater somewhere and old Phone to try.

I will try that once I'm back at work.

• Do you already have VOIP phones? In that case, you could check if this approach might work....

More or less, it is using the internal phone-book of the IP Phone, so you enter the direct IP address of the 'other' phone(s) in it. Must be configured on all phones, but when it's only 3 or 4 phones, that should not be a problem, I guess.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • You might want to check our voip.ms

Inexpensive and can give you all basic VoIP PBX features you can use with any SIP phone.

I’m not a reseller of theirs, just think it’s a good, low investment, alternative to an on premise PBX (unless you want to roll your own internal FreePBX or similar solution.

PM me if you’d like more info. :)

• You could always run something like FreePBX or another open source PBX software. You don't need anything fancy to run it on. I ran PBXs of Intel NUCs for an office of 30. If you have an old desktop or laptop lying around can't hurt to try.

Then if for any reason in the future you need to do anything you would have the flexibility to. 

• For liability reasons I would clearly mark on the phone that they can not reach 911. There may be some local regulations in regards to this as well. Just so you are aware. 

Read these next...