Home
Join

49 Replies

• https://www.publix.com/pd/publix-premium-ice-cream-classic-coffee/RIO-PCI-121777

I have been known to put a few scoops of Publix Coffee ice cream into a heavy glass, microwave it for 15 seconds, and stir vigorously to make my own coffee milkshake.

Spice (10) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Digital security giant Entrust breached by ransomware gang

If you can't trust Entrust, who can you trust?

And those NASA cubes REALLY look like they were inspired by someone playing Portal!

Spice (12) flagReport
  • How long before those Astrobees are controlled by Skynet? 

Spice (5) flagReport
  • I would want to know how you would keep an i7 on an SBC cool without compromising the form factor. But that looks really legit and I would so totally want to tinker around with one of those.

I'm surprised this article wasn't mentioned on today's Snap!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/25/europe/chess-robot-russia-boy-finger-intl-scli/index.html

Spice (2) flagReport
  • The Valles Marineris looks so cool but I'm sure, just like the Grand Canyon, pictures aren't doing it justice. 

Spice (3) flagReport
  • When can I get my own Astrobee??

Spice (2) flagReport
  • That credit card sized board would make an awesome router. I have a Protectli Vault4 port and would like to get something a little beefier. I hope they incorporate something like that into one of their devices. Or maybe the next Gen SteamDeck :p

• When I was much younger, my foray into the world of coffee started with a local ice cream shop. They made an amazing treat that included ice cream, real coffee, whipped cream, etc. After getting that treat many times, I actually started drinking real coffee. Now, many decades later, I can't get my day started without mulitple cups.

• No comments about the printing, huh?  I guess we've all grown to accept the real "print nightmare" this has become.  Might has well throw all of them in the trash.

Spice (5) flagReport
  • "Going paperless is now mandatory. To force you into compliance, we will continue breaking printing functions." - Microsoft

Spice (20) flagReport
  • It feels like Microsoft have spent the last 18 months doing their bit for the paperless office by breaking printing with their updates. I'm all for it personally...

Spice (9) flagReport
  • DailyLlama wrote:

It feels like Microsoft have spent the last 18 months doing their bit for the paperless office by breaking printing with their updates. I'm all for it personally...

Or MS is just ensuring that I have to work on printers more and more...yay me.

Spice (5) flagReport
  • Is the coffee milkshake the same as putting coffee in a protein shake? 
    I usually get enough coffee just drinking it but sometimes I have poured some coffee into a protein shake. 
    Spice (1) flagReport
  • It's not news until Microsoft releases an update that DOESN'T break printing.....

Spice (12) flagReport
  • As I walk through the valley of Mars

Spice (3) flagReport
  • I'm really big into SBC's as of lately.  4x4 boards like #ASRock iBox for fanless industrial PC's (also cue OnLogic), and even slightly bigger USFF PC's like HP EliteDesk DM (desktop mini) are what's in.  I would also like to see way more x86-64 SBC's.  Once the supply chain gets a grip on itself, maybe we can not only get these available but at reasonable prices.

Intel 11th gen mobile chips ('U', 'UE', and a few others) are hard to get a hold of because of 10nm's failure to launch, but it does make for cool and efficient chips.

• The images from Mars are cool, though they completely lack perspective. I'm excited for the days we'll have drones flying through there. 

• " Microsoft warns that new Windows updates may break printing"

Copy...paste

Copy...paste

Copy...paste

etc

infinity

Spice (6) flagReport
  • Microsoft warns that new Windows updates may break printing

Another day, another MS printing breaking update. Since they know about it why not just fix it and postpone the release?

Spice (5) flagReport
  • during its 23,123th orbit

Its Lisping...

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Another day, another Windows printing issue. I still maintain that Microsoft's constant breaking of printer functionality is their passive-aggressive way of getting people to move toward paper-less, which I fully support.

That tiny i7 computer looks cool.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • GuruGabe1 wrote:

As I walk through the valley of Mars

Sorry, the first thing that popped into my head when I saw your comment was...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg

Spice (4) flagReport
  • This credit card-sized PC board can use an Intel Core i7

Ok that thing looks fun to play with. Would be super cool to see what people can build with one of these all maxed out. This would make for a real nice microcomputer. 

• AgentOfPork wrote:

Digital security giant Entrust breached by ransomware gang

If you can't trust Entrust, who can you trust?

And those NASA cubes REALLY look like they were inspired by someone playing Portal!

So, I'm now going to politely ask you to get out of my head. =)

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Sean Wolsey wrote:

"Going paperless is now mandatory. To force you into compliance, we will continue breaking printing functions." - Microsoft

"You will own no printers, and you will be happy."

Now THAT is a slogan I can get behind.

Spice (4) flagReport
  • Finding decent x86/amd64 SBCs with the right layout is harder than finding a place with RPis in stock. I've found some that aren't quite right, but close enough that I think I can make them work for what I want them for, but I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

• MWeed wrote:

How long before those Astrobees are controlled by Skynet? 

Just remember that your NASA Science weighted Astrobee cannot hurt you, and in fact, cannot speak. If it does speak, please disregard this advice. You monster.

• MarkPayton wrote:

Sean Wolsey wrote:

"Going paperless is now mandatory. To force you into compliance, we will continue breaking printing functions." - Microsoft

But what will the people do that print every email they receive? 😖

Spice (1) flagReport
  • ich.ni.san wrote:

MarkPayton wrote:

Sean Wolsey wrote:

Assimilate

• Those astrobees are so cute!

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Nicole for Carbonite wrote:

The Valles Marineris looks so cool but I'm sure, just like the Grand Canyon, pictures aren't doing it justice. 

Agreed. It WAS much better in person.

• Ryan-D94 wrote:

When can I get my own Astrobee??

At your local Double Bee's.....

I'll see myself out (only if know or have the gas station chain near you). Otherwise I'm still here!

Spice (2) flagReport
  • Ryan-D94 wrote:

The harder part will be getting to a zero-G environment to use it! Don't think they fly too well otherwise.

Gave me Terrahawks flashbacks, although they were spheres to be fair.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Those Astrobees remind me of Zelda's Cubes from Terrahawks.  (gfkBillB​ - you may have been getting the Cubes and Zeroids blended in your memory.)

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Astrobees plus credit card sized computers with more powerful processors equals astromech droids.  I.E., R2-D2.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Mmm. Never thought of Coffee ice cream! I'll usually take vanilla, and throw in a handful of used coffee grounds. That may sound odd, but holy moly it is tasty for sure! 
    Mars stuff.... never ceases to amaze. Crazy as a race we're almost ready to visit other planets! So cool!

• chrisdavis8 wrote:

Ryan-D94 wrote:

I'll see myself out (only if know or have the gas station chain near you). Otherwise I'm still here!

What about Buc-ee's?

• Graeme.N wrote:

Those Astrobees remind me of Zelda's Cubes from Terrahawks.  (gfkBillB​ - you may have been getting the Cubes and Zeroids blended in your memory.)

Ahh, thanks! Thought my memory was playing tricks, a quick Google image search didn't show the Cubes. Nice to know my brain isn't totally gone yet.

Loved that show!

Spice (1) flagReport
  • "Microsoft warns that new Windows updates may break printing"

Spice (2) flagReport
  • Retire?

• Sean (Spiceworks) wrote:

Ransomware: 1.5 million people have got their files back without paying the gangs. Here's how

Restore from backups? It's 2022 ffs.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • GuruGabe1 wrote:

chrisdavis8 wrote:

Ryan-D94 wrote:

What about Buc-ee's?

To quote Ken Jeung from Community, I'll allow it.

• lamocon wrote:

I would want to know how you would keep an i7 on an SBC cool without compromising the form factor. But that looks really legit and I would so totally want to tinker around with one of those.

I'm surprised this article wasn't mentioned on today's Snap!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/25/europe/chess-robot-russia-boy-finger-intl-scli/index.html

I will definitely look into those when they have built in wifi.

• In New England, a milk shake is just ice cream and milk.  Feh.

A frappe is ice cream, milk, and a complementary syrup.  My go-to is a mocha frappe, which is milk, coffee ice cream, and chocolate syrup.  There is no substitute.

• ich.ni.san wrote:

MarkPayton wrote:

Sean Wolsey wrote:

• MWeed wrote:

How long before those Astrobees are controlled by Skynet? 

How do you know it hasn't already happened?

Spice (1) flagReport
  • brendencollins wrote:

No comments about the printing, huh?  I guess we've all grown to accept the real "print nightmare" this has become.  Might has well throw all of them in the trash.

First, Microsoft required you to replace every PC in your organization in order to use Win11.  Now, Microsoft is essentially saying they will no longer support printing and you're on your own.

• "Digital security giant Entrust breached by ransomware gang"

Kinda makes me not want to do any business with Entrust.  I mean...really?

• 1.5 million people have got their files back without paying the gangs.  YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spice (1) flagReport

Read these next...