Home
Join
check
  • If your drives are hot swappable, you may do so.  You need to replace this drive with equal or larger size.

Spice (1) flagReport
    1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • View Best Answer in replies below

6 Replies

• Yes, see section 4.3.5 of the manual - https://manualsbrain.com/en/manuals/138904/?page=29

Spice (1) flagReport
    • If your drives are hot swappable, you may do so.  You need to replace this drive with equal or larger size.

Spice (1) flagReport
    • Thanks Sanpatel​.

From what you are saying, I gather that i do not have to replace it with the exact same drive. As long as it is not smaller than the original I will be fine?

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
    • Frikkie228 wrote:

Thanks Sanpatel​.

From what you are saying, I gather that i do not have to replace it with the exact same drive. As long as it is not smaller than the original I will be fine?

Your understanding is correct. Remember, excess space will be wasted as it will not be part of your RAID volume.

Spice (2) flagReport
      2 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
    • Frikkie228

-Complimenting the great advice you've received so far, yes, it can be done.

The fundamental benefit of raid, is that it is high availability so, you shouldn't have to power down and remove access to data because of a single disk problem. Best practice is to replace 1 at a time with replacements that are equal or larger in capacity.

Keep in mind rebuilding will put stress on all the drives and other resources.

#IamIntel 

Intel Corporation

Spice (2) flagReport
    • Thanks for the help everyone!

I think I got the answers that I needed!

Spice (1) flagReport
      Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down

Read these next...