Home
Join

6 Replies

• If they are getting a different IP etc it sounds like they are connected to the new switch/router not your original one.
    check the ip detail - what was the dhcp server, what is the gateway - then ask if this is the 4331 router etc.

Disconnect the new Cisco 4331 temporarily and reboot your phones - do they now work again?

I would check every connection on the patch panel - is it possible there is a connection between the 2 switches - e.g. via a patch out to a port and back again etc.

Pepper graySpice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I will check on this later today. Thank you

• Have seen this before with spanning tree issues created by the new equipment...

• Did not have the opportunity to check this today but will be onsite tomorrow morning

Would changing the subnet on the router resolve this issue? I have a feeling the subnet is the same as the other company router

• First, my apologies for not updating these last few days as had some personal issues that required some days off.

Was back at work yesterday and after quite a few tests such as changing the ip addresses, subnets, etc I realized that the VoIP system was attached to a LEC CPE that is no longer connected to the system meaning that the ISP was either changed without my knowledge or somehow respliced and either crossed or joined with the other companies network. The IP address on the phones no longer reflect the old system but rather the new company's system network. That being said, I have referred this to in house management rather than me continuing to rack my head over this

• Just wanted to say thanks for everyone who assisted me with this issue. It seems the other company had a connection between the 2 switches.

Again, my thanks and apologies for the delay in reply

Read these next...