Home
Join

11 Replies

• If it's a Windows machine, I think you should be able to create a scheduled task with an event for a trigger.  The event could be file creation.   The task action could be launching something like WS_FTP Pro Synchronize.

There's probably several good ways to do this.  I'm subscribing to see other suggestions.

Spice (2) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • ich.ni.san wrote:

If it's a Windows machine, I think you should be able to create a scheduled task with an event for a trigger.  The event could be file creation.   The task action could be launching something like WS_FTP Pro Synchronize.

There's probably several good ways to do this.  I'm subscribing to see other suggestions.

Scheduled task, yep. You could add in WinSCP as the app that actually does the sync. https://winscp.net/eng/docs/guide_schedule

Spice (1) flagReport
  • nmsx wrote:

please share any script

Spiceworks doesn't provide script writing services. You should write your script and get help from us. But as said above also, You would need to use a scheduled task to do this.

• If you use WINCSP there is a way to have it generate a script for you. I don't remember how I did it, but WinCSP generated a good portion of the SFTP commands I needed. 

• hi all,

i am using this script and it did not work. 

open sftp://company:pass123@xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx -hostkey="ssh-rsa 2048 *****************************************="

keepuptodate C:\sharefolder-SFTP /home/remotefolder-sftp

exit

• There are so many options for synchronizing files. The sync that you show there should definitely work. I would create an ssh key and skip the password authentication. 
    I assume you are running that something like  "winscp.com /script=scriptname.txt"
    Did you only try this in the scheduled tasks or did you try at the command line?
    Did you receive any error messages? Please share them.
    For windows sync I use a tool called AllWay sync. It has been around a long time and can synchronize in many ways. The pro version is about 26$USD. You can find it from https://allwaysync.com/. It is free for personal use and very affordable for business use. No I don't work there.
  • I use a program called SyncBackPro.  The free version may do what you need.  The paid versions are under $55.  

The product has a tons of features including Syncing.  Simple wizard driven or you can manually get extremely granular with your rules and stuff.

Funny timing as I'm in the middle of setting it up to sync a bunch of folders to Sharepoint.

https://www.2brightsparks.com/

Spice (2) flagReport
    1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • FreeFileSync https://freefilesync.org is another free option to solve your problem that can either do the job by itself or trigger your own script to run. However, I would not consider those kinds of approaches "real-time".
  • using winscp i found a very simple option name "Keep remote directory up to date" it works find but now we need to move the file whenever its land in local folder.

means whenever there is a file it send to remote directory and delete files from local folder.

any suggestion or command?

• Syncback pro and GsRichcopy360 should do this job perfectly. Also Allwaysync is considered.

• nmsx wrote:

we need to move the file whenever its land in local folder. means whenever there is a file it send to remote directory and delete files from local folder. any suggestion or command?

You can use Powershell for that purpose https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/380201-using-powershell-to-check-for-new-files-in-a-directory. That should do the trick. If the scripts do not work right away, you may need to adjust your Powershell configuration https://www.hyper-v.io/powershell-commands-scripts-not-work-can-fix/.

Spice (1) flagReport

Read these next...

• No Network Access

No Network Access

Networking

Hello,Suddenly, my Windows 2012R server has NO network access through either of its two nic cards; it is a DELL PE T430. It is configured to get IP info from DHCP, and that works ok; both NICs can get an IP just fine, but after I get the IP address,  I am...

• Understanding VPNs

Understanding VPNs

Security

Hello I'm trying to learn the concept of VPN's and there's some aspect of VPN's I'm not sure about. When I configure a remote access VPN on a Fortigate, I configure the following client range 192.168.3.10-192.168.3.40When the client connects and I do a ro...

• Snap! Outlook crashes, getting phished, supermoon, CyberOne, DALL·E 2 + SpiceRex

Snap! Outlook crashes, getting phished, supermoon, CyberOne, DALL·E 2 + SpiceRex

Spiceworks Originals

Your daily dose of tech news, in brief. We made it to Friday! Before we consider our weekend plans, let's look back in time. While not the storage we're accustomed to, back on August 12, 1877 (although there appears to be some debate on the actual ...

• Spark! Pro series – 12th August 2022

Spark! Pro series – 12th August 2022

Spiceworks Originals

I want my… I want my…. Spark!    Just a reminder, if you are reading the Spark!, Spice it up. We like it spicy here! Today in History: The IBM PC Introduced August 12, 1981 IBM introduces its ...

• Repeated Attacks on my Firewall - What to Do ??

Repeated Attacks on my Firewall - What to Do ??

Security

I've got a UTM Firewall and I'm constantly getting notifications that someone is trying to gain access through an SSL-VPN. The attacking IP address is almost always different, so blocking the IP every time is not a sustainable solution. They haven't got t...