Home
Join

72 Replies

• And here is the video of when Beans Anne Rice and Marge (I can't believe it's not Butter... because our old gerbil was named Butters) met.

https://youtube.com/shorts/c5FmqTbijY4

Spice (11) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • This is Carter when he was a baby. He was a silent Sam for the first couple of years we had him which is unusual for a Siamese. At 10 years of age he will not shut up. Also known as my night cat because the only time he wants to be around you is after 10 at night.

This is Cecil. He was adopted as a rescue. He is Polydactl having a total of 23 toes. He is allergic to chicken, which anyone who buys pet food knows that a very large percentage of all pet food contains chicken in one form or another. Cecil is my morning cat and the only time he wants to cuddle is when I am eating breakfast.

Spice (22) flagReport
  • We've hired our dogs.

Spice (26) flagReport
  • I wish I could bring Grover Dog with me to work!  He would cause quite a ruckus, I'm sure, though.  He would love to run around with the camp kiddos and chase people up and down the basketball court and sniff everything and everyone.  It would truly be the best day ever for him!  He's a super sweet floppy hound dog mix that loves to go "Roooooooooooo!".  We adopted him from a shelter after he had been at another shelter and then was adopted and returned by 2 other families who, I think, were just sold on the cute factor and not really prepared for a hound dog.  Because of all that upheaval early in his life, when we got him he had no manners and a lot of separation anxiety, but we've worked with him a lot and now he's just the best boy ever!  Maybe a tad spoiled.  He knows lots of commands, including "left paw" and "right paw".  He loves to run around the yard, dig in his sandbox, chase squeaky tennis balls, chew on toys and then after a long day, settle in for cuddles on the couch.

Spice (26) flagReport
  • Would SpiceRex make a good pet?

Spice (4) flagReport
  • Since I'm working from home most of the time, every day is bring my pet to work day - although she just lies on the sofa and sleeps for most of it :D

Dogs FTW btw .....

Spice (16) flagReport
  • Don't think they would be utterly pleased if i bring my pack.
    No snack would be safe in the whole building :)

Spice (27) flagReport

• This is Grogu and Padme and yes we are big Star Wars fans

Spice (23) flagReport
  • Today is exactly six years since Mory came to rule our family. It's a hard job, so he decided to stay in bed. Work can wait...

Purrhaps tomurrmeow

Spice (22) flagReport
  • These are my "desk neighbors" at my work-from-home setup

Spice (21) flagReport
  • Beryl, the English working Cocker reporting for duty!

As with most Spaniels, Beryl is VERY busy and works non-stop (mostly uprooting bushes and planting socks instead).

Spice (15) flagReport
  • My co-workers Winnie...

And Gertie...

Who are unfortunately at home while I am at work.  They loved it during the lockdowns because they got to rule completely.  But now the Human has to leave the house to earn money for food, toys and treats.  More uninterrupted snoozing time for them!

I'd love to bring them in to work, but it's a school so absolutely not allowed.

Mind, one of our teachers once smuggled her tortoise in every day for six months because he needed to be syringe-fed at precise times!  She had a bag of books and a wicker basket (containing Rover), and every breaktime a member of staff would act as lookout while she took him out and syringe-fed him.  He was very well-behaved and only occasionally kicked off in his basket (and she passed it off as student misbehaviour every time).

(edited because I screwed up the photo upload)

Spice (17) flagReport
  • I want a turtle to try this. 
    Spice (5) flagReport
  • How much do you charge to see the live animals Sean (Spiceworks)​ :)

Spice (1) flagReport
  • HulkSmash72 wrote:

I want a turtle to try this. 

haha! That was pretty good! If we ever get a turtle, definitely going to try that.

• Mr. Meows silently judges me. 
    Sheila aka the Treat Eater
    And we have a Guinea Pig named Rosie. All three belong to my niece so. We are just servants.

Spice (13) flagReport
  • Chipper Jones. Don't let that face fool you. He loves to cuddle.

Our newest addition Willow.

Sugar cookie

When you are in the mood to feel pretty, you put on lipstick.

Spice (19) flagReport
  • We just have our 3 kitties. The demon tabby Scarlett, sweet ragdoll Albert, and my shadow, our long haired tortie Eloise.

Spice (16) flagReport
  • Misfortunately, my better half suffers from bipolar disorder which comes with periodic manic episodes that usually result in new lifeforms residing in our home.

Currently, we've got:

• 2 dogs
      • Adult Female Yellow Lab/German Shepheard mix
        • Stella
      • Puppy Female Dalmatian/Who-knows-what
        • Anastasia
    • 2 cats
      • 2 female tuxedo kitties
        • Dusk
        • Diamond
    • 2 Bunny Rabbits
      • Idk what kind - Male and a Female (fixed)
        • Pebbles
        • Bam Bam
    • 2 Guinea Pigs
      • Idk anything about them, we just got them
    • 2 Hamsters
      • These are the kids'
      • Possibly 3
        • 1 Escaped a while ago and may still be living in the walls

Pets I wish I had 

• Skunks
      • Heard they make great pets
    • Donkeys
      • Best guard dogs
    • Goats
      • I hate mowing the lawn
    Spice (12) flagReport
  • I grew up around reptiles and amphibians. My dad did a lot of things and one of those things was herpetology. At one point I had 26 different "pets" and my room basically looked like a reptile exhibit. I had maybe 15 tanks and my neighbor and I got some free wood from a tree farm nearby and built a stand for them so there were effectively two layered rows of tanks. The best part was almost all of this was free. We didn't have squat for money, parents were split, etc.. so most of the tanks were either hand-me-downs or super cheap used. I did buy one sweet one new that I saved up for though, it was a specialized reptile enclosure that was more vertically oriented.

But yea.. once it got to 26, my mom said no more and made me start getting rid of some of them. I don't know what I widdled it down to but it was about a dozen. Then once we moved I only kept one that made the trip with me to WI.

Now I just own dogs.

Spice (9) flagReport
  • Dakota keeps a pretty good eye on things when working at home.

Spice (16) flagReport
  • This is Lola.  I would love to bring her to work with me but there are two problems.  The first is that she doesn't like getting into the car.  Once she is in the car and we are away from the house she loves to ride.  The second is that she doesn't really get along with other doggies and there are always 2-4 other dogs in the office. 

Lola is also a rescue dog but she was rescued from the side of the road as a 4 week old puppy.  Someone had put her out with a bowl of dog food for bigger dogs.  My wife, her sister, and niece found her and picked her up.

Spice (14) flagReport
  • I don't understand why one would take a pet to work!

Please will someone explain.

What if it is a tarantula or a pit viper et.c. is that still ok.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • 1 Australian Sheppard, 2 parakeets, 1 turtle

Spice (7) flagReport
  • Zed wrote:

Misfortunately, my better half suffers from bipolar disorder which comes with periodic manic episodes that usually result in new lifeforms residing in our home.

Currently, we've got:

• 2 dogs
      • Adult Female Yellow Lab/German Shepheard mix
        • Stella
      • Puppy Female Dalmatian/Who-knows-what
        • Anastasia
    • 2 cats
      • 2 female tuxedo kitties
        • Dusk
        • Diamond
    • 2 Bunny Rabbits
      • Idk what kind - Male and a Female (fixed)
        • Pebbles
        • Bam Bam
    • 2 Guinea Pigs
      • Idk anything about them, we just got them
    • 2 Hamsters
      • These are the kids'
      • Possibly 3
        • 1 Escaped a while ago and may still be living in the walls

Pets I wish I had 

• Skunks
      • Heard they make great pets
    • Donkeys
      • Best guard dogs
    • Goats
      • I hate mowing the lawn

Does your better half know something we don't about the rain forecast?

Spice (6) flagReport
  • My 8 year-old, Sadie
    The new baby, Nalla. I managed to get this pic when she happened to go to sleep for a minute.

Spice (20) flagReport
  • Rescue Ringo AKA Roadblock.  He's been in the office a few times and I completely cracked up at the 3 people that literally threw themselves into a corner of thier office when we came by.  Yes he's 75lbs of muscle and teeth and is the biggest sweetheart.  We also have 7 angus cows and barns cats taco and smokey.  Next are chickens and a goat.

Spice (18) flagReport
  • I work from the office exclusively so no pets in the workplace!  Do kids count as pets?  If so, I have 4 of those.  Sometimes I think an animal would be cleaner...

Spice (5) flagReport
  • This is 6 year old Charlie, I do not know who rescued who. He loves coming to the office and getting to see all of his people friends. Of course he has to make sure I cannot leave my office without him knowing.

Spice (14) flagReport
  • Holly (front) and Noel (back) are 3-year-old black-and-tan/silver beagles, acquired pre-pandemic. We go every year to Santa's Whispering Pines Campground in Bracebridge, Ontario. The campground managers bread their dog and these two, along with four siblings, were the result. The Christmas-themed names given by the kids were apropos. The two red-eared slider turtles, Crush and Squirt (Finding Nemo), and two budgies, Earthquake and Tsunami (parakeets for US folks), are in the house enjoying their environments.
    I worked at home for near six months and the dogs visited me in the basement but that's the closest they'll get to me in an office setting. I can't trust them elsewhere, not off leash. Their noses take them places and, being siblings, they seem to innately know where they both want to go and what furry creature is next to track/hunt. 
    Spice (15) flagReport
  • Patti8216 wrote:

He's been in the office a few times and I completely cracked up at the 3 people that literally threw themselves into a corner of thier office when we came by. 

Jade isn't with us anymore, but I do remember a similar reaction when I brought her to the office.

Patti8216

Spice (12) flagReport
  • Spice (12) flagReport
  • My blind little baby "Stevie"!  She was born blind but that does not stop her, she is as tough as nails!!!  Named after Stevie Wonder.

Spice (21) flagReport
  • 2 dogs - Australian Cattle Dog/Dingo named Shotz (long story) and an American Boxer Tiki (dumb as a stump)

1 cat - it's the wife's

Various wildlife that frolic in the yard - 3 rabbits, countless squirrels,  dwindling population of ground squirrels (hawks and eagles), 2 foxes and an occasional coyote 

Spice (5) flagReport
  • My 80-lbs "babies" Lambeau and Lombardi.  Unfortunately, I'm not WFH, and they do not get to come to work with me.

Spice (13) flagReport
  • This is Morgen, our pirate kitty.

Harold. He's a big screamy jerk and I love him.

Astrid. She lives in the bedroom. She's allowed to come out if she wants (in fact, we encourage it), but she doesn't want.

Spice (14) flagReport
  • Kitty Mitty - IT Consultant & Tuna CONNOISSEUR

Spice (15) flagReport
  • Just Fletcher these days.  3 year old belgian sheepdog.  We've had a few belgians, 1 aussie, and one mutt, along with 3 cats in the past.  Used to breed snakes so had lots of them at various times over the almost 20 years i was into it.  (like over 100...)  Ball pythons, and green trees mostly.  Stray boa, corn, and milksnake sometimes.  Had a reticulated python (Sabastian) for 27 years that passed in 2017.  Messed with red eye tree frogs for a lot of years also because my son liked them, and briefly crested geckos.  I recall a mean little iguana at one point too... lmao.  The last surviving snake was a green tree that passed 2 years ago.  He was 21 i think.  Pretty old dude for one of those and i miss him, but no more snakes for us i don't think.  I miss having fish tanks too lol.
    Fletcher:

Dozer - the last of the snakes...: 

Me and Sabastian waaaay back in 2007...

Spice (14) flagReport
  • Two cats - Nox (all black) and Helena, a Russian blue. Both Harry Potter names. Nox was somewhat a rescue, as the wife was volunteering at a vet clinic, and she came in because the owners wanted a cat that was a human cat, not a cat's cat. All she did was hiss and such, but she's all bark and no bite. Wife would have none of that, so even while in a cage she would hiss at anybody walking by, wife would open up the door and give her rubs. She would then purr. We had lost our Siamese about 6 months prior, but was unsure how she would do with an established cat. Then that cat had an issue, where she needed surgery, and although the surgery went well, she didn't make it. So, Nox came home that same day, on halloween. She did good, friendly, until the other cat, Helena, came home. They are about 5 months in age apart and get along great. Nox not so much with me, I can give her ear rubs and she will lay on me in bed, but if I try to pet her she bolts. Helena is just a whiney cat. If you think Siamese are bad about needing attention, get a Russian blue. 

Then there's Paulie, my Blue Crown Conure. The last two cats (Mia & Roo) taught him how to meow. He also says Hi, How are ya, what ya doing, cracker, quacks, wolf whistles, and says poop. Wife worked at a pet store, and fed him from hatchling. He had attached himself to her, and when the new owners came to get him, he bit them, so they quickly changed their minds. They pretty much gave him to us, and all the accessories at cost (cage, some toys, few treats, small bit of food) and has since become my bird. He tries to bite anyone else, unless he's out of his cage. He's 20 now, and will live up to another 10 years. 

Spice (5) flagReport
  • Marshmallow, my 'tri-pawd" rescue kitty.  My wife and I foster neonatal kittens and puppies that require bottle feeding, and this one just never left. Having three legs does NOT slow him down.  Here he is supervising my work from his penthouse office.

Spice (14) flagReport
  • Siouxsie is a rescue as well. Her Embark DNA test lists 13 breeds of dogs - including "Fijian Street Dog" (whatever that is!) She keeps the squirrels out of the yard with precision and efficiency.  While she is new to the home office, she is on the fast track to management.

Spice (12) flagReport
  • Our 3 ferrets Quark, Picard, and Worf (in order from bottom of the pile to the top) and the big boy yellow lab Dresden who just turned 1 years old a month ago.They just want to play together, but Dresden is too big and clumsy.

Spice (13) flagReport
  • Meeko is only about 18 months old.  He has a 4 inch inseam and a 40 lb body, but he thinks he's a lap dog and will lang on your lap like a bag of concrete.
    Spice (11) flagReport
  • MisterFerret wrote:

Our 3 ferrets Quark, Picard, and Worf (in order from bottom of the pile to the top) and the big boy yellow lab Dresden who just turned 1 years old a month ago.They just want to play together, but Dresden is too big and clumsy.

I ❤❤❤ ferrets, but my husband never could get used to the musk of our first pair (even though they'd been descented), and would not agree to any more after we lost those two.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • My pal Milly! She is a Pomeranian and Husky mix (Pomski). Loves to 'talk', play, and go to the dog park. She makes sure I stay active, even on lazy days 😅
    Spice (13) flagReport
  • Our offices are open to dogs. This is Dexter (left) and Mylo (right) in the Data/IT office. Huxley, the admin-office pup, got a review from the General Manager: high marks in customer service and morale building, not so great at maintaining a clean office. I get my "dog fix" here.

Spice (10) flagReport
  • damon.theis​ I think you and my dad would have gotten along great together lol. He had a couple reticulateds as well, he donated one of them to an exhibit in Tennessee and the other he still owned when he passed. Not sure where it ended up after that.

We had a Burmese python when I was younger that my dad had in a converted bedroom. It busted out one day and ate the neighbor's cat. I never had anything THAT big, myself. I had a few iguanas over the years though, 1 green and 2 rhinoceroses. The green iguana (Fred) was an a-hole. I think out of every reptile/amphibian I ever owned, he bit me the most. I hated feeding him and he was probably the only reptile I had that when he died I was like "whew... that's over." When he was youngish, I used to skateboard around our apartments with him on my back and he was super chill. Not sure what happened as he aged but he just became angrier and angrier lmao. 

I almost got everything taken from me by my mother at one point. Because my parents were split, I'd spend time between houses and when I was at my mom's for an extended period of time she had me signed up with Big Brother's and my "big brother" or whatever they were called, asked one time what I wanted to do... so I said I wanted to go catch snakes in the mountains (this was in Cali). I ended up finding a baby rattlesnake and he insisted I shouldn't touch it but my dumbass poked a few holes in a Ziploc bag and managed to catch it lol.. I put it in my backpack and took it home. Needless to say, it got out of the bag but was still in my pack and my mom was FURIOUS. She called Big Brothers, complained, blah blah blah... but more importantly she told me I had to get rid of the snake. So my buddy Danny and I biked down to this creek that ran through our city (Ventura, CA) called the Barranca.. and instead of just releasing it we decided we wanted to play around with it. It tried to get away at one point so I tried to put my foot behind it's head to stop it (softly, of course) and miscalculated the distance.... I ended up catching it a bit further back so it turned around and bit me above the ankle.

So we hopped on our bikes and started biking back to the apartments as fast as we could and within about a minute or two I started feeling crappy so I stopped and laid down in a park while my friend went and got my mom, who called an ambulance lol. I got several shots but was ultimately fine. Just felt like crap for a bit and was in a TON of trouble, naturally. 

My mom threatened to take away my pet privileges but somehow she didn't.. but that was about when she had me cut the number down a bit.

Fun times.

Spice (5) flagReport
  • Landon

Spice (9) flagReport
  • I'd like to post pictures of my cats, but the pictures aren't going through.  Is there a size limit or something?  I never had any trouble posting pictures before.  

• Great photos! Eddie9382
    Spice (1) flagReport

Read these next...

• Snap! Outlook crashes, getting phished, supermoon, CyberOne, DALL·E 2 + SpiceRex

Snap! Outlook crashes, getting phished, supermoon, CyberOne, DALL·E 2 + SpiceRex

Spiceworks Originals

Your daily dose of tech news, in brief. We made it to Friday! Before we consider our weekend plans, let's look back in time. While not the storage we're accustomed to, back on August 12, 1877 (although there appears to be some debate on the actual ...

• Spark! Pro series – 12th August 2022

Spark! Pro series – 12th August 2022

Spiceworks Originals

I want my… I want my…. Spark!    Just a reminder, if you are reading the Spark!, Spice it up. We like it spicy here! Today in History: The IBM PC Introduced August 12, 1981 IBM introduces its ...

• Repeated Attacks on my Firewall - What to Do ??

Repeated Attacks on my Firewall - What to Do ??

Security

I've got a UTM Firewall and I'm constantly getting notifications that someone is trying to gain access through an SSL-VPN. The attacking IP address is almost always different, so blocking the IP every time is not a sustainable solution. They haven't got t...

• Laptop Video-Streaming?

Laptop Video-Streaming?

Hardware

Hello,Client want to hook up a laptop and stream video from it via hdmi cable Does it matter what kind of video card the user has on his or hers laptop to get good quality display out put on the TV?They will us it for: Zoom and Teams streaming , hulu , n...

• How to color the text  output in linux

How to color the text output in linux

Linux

Hi Team,How can i display the specific text in output. i already trid the grep -a --color=always, but in output display, it color the text that in grep|..etc.i just wanted only color the text word Available only.right now i search that the sed are able to...