Home
Join
check
  • Apparently the system-wide installer IS, in fact, in the Office 2019 LTSC1 package. I don't know why the documentation doesn't make it more obvious than that, but oh well. 

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • View Best Answer in replies below

6 Replies

• I believe it is installed as part of the "office premium" package (word, outlook, excel, etc) automatically.  Teams has been a frustrating mess for the last month or so, where I've found multiple installs (I think windows update installed a consumer-based Teams version in Win11).  Hope that helps, or someone has more insight into it.

• That would just be the regular Teams app then, no? The system wide installer is separate, as it puts it in the "Program Files (x84)" directory and "installs" it when an AzureAD user logs in.

• That makes sense.  What didn't make sense was why / how a consumer based version of teams self-installed on every Win11 Pro computer here, and then launched the wrong version when users tried to join scheduled meetings and such.  I had a two-day nightmare over that. Anyways, this is off-topic and I'm hijacking the discussion.

So, from what you said, the system-wide teams installer originates with Azure AD, correct?

• So, from what you said, the system-wide teams installer originates with Azure AD, correct?

It has to be, as we aren't managing the computers from anywhere else - all of on-prem stuff is not in-use anymore.

• If its not coming from your or InTune, it almost has to be an AD function of some type (whether that's Azure or on-prem). How deprecated are we talking with on prem? I've seen servers that were still powered on do some odd things... like push a GPO to no one.. and have random PCs decide to latch on. Possible too that the Teams SWI is laying dormant on PCs and just waiting. I've seen it do that too.

• Apparently the system-wide installer IS, in fact, in the Office 2019 LTSC1 package. I don't know why the documentation doesn't make it more obvious than that, but oh well. 

Read these next...