Home
Join

53 Replies

• Starfield....for the next 52 weekends.

Spice (8) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • There is definitely going to be some Kerbal Space Program for me. I am searching for another game to add to the schedule, but am unsure what I want at the moment. Probably not going to have time for multiple games this weekend anyway.

Spice (8) flagReport
  • Horizon Forbidden West for me. My two young sons have wanted to watch the game a lot, so it's slowed my progress through it as I have to complete any fighting with humans while they're not around. But, it's kind of been even more enjoyable seeing/hearing their reactions to all the cool machines, etc. in the game while I play. Then, minutes later they're recreating the game with Lego bricks and other toys and having a blast. 

Spice (10) flagReport
  • Civ binge for me..

Spice (4) flagReport
  • Warhammer 40K Chaos Gate Daemonhunters, I bought it earlier this week I'm only a few hours in. Unfortunately I am going on a business trip so I won't have a lot a time.

Travis9881 wrote:

Starfield....for the next 52 weekends.

Hopefully it's only 52

Spice (2) flagReport
  • Play? What is this play you speak of?

Spice (4) flagReport
  • Terraria, probably. Whatever my RP group ends up deciding for our off weekend, really.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • want to play Saints Row (the original) but that's on Xbox and I'm at my weekend place with the Playstations. So I'm playing the Spongebob Squarepants game that was on PS plus last month.

It's kinda fun.

Also a couple friends are in town for the weekend so we'll be out at some good restaurants and bars here in Tijuana.

Spice (5) flagReport
  • FF14 for me as well!  hopefully some Elden Ring too.
    want to clear the savage raid my group and I have been trying to clear for weeks now, but I doubt that's gonna happen lol.
    I just need one of the specific endings in Elden Ring to have all of the Steam achievements.
    Spice (4) flagReport
  • Getting back into the whole achievement hunter side of me and going to finish getting all achievements in the Borderlands series

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Maybe Overwatch 2 Beta if my group is messing around with that or 7 Days to Die if I actually have the time for that...

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Im going to play some Elden Ring and probably forbidden West.  Almost beat that game

Spice (6) flagReport
  • Working on my NG++ on Elden Ring to get that last trophy so I can comfortably put the game down for a while.  I just killed Morgot, so I only have like 3ish bosses to kill.  I also decided to check out Control since I've had it installed for a long time and never played.  Pretty interesting game, it has me intrigued with the plot so I want to play more of that.

Spice (5) flagReport
  • There is only one answer:

Escape From Tarkov

Spice (6) flagReport
  • I've been making my way through Diablo II Remastered and then I think I'm going to go through some of the Far Cry games again.  I've got 3, 4, 5, new Dawn, Primal, and 6, and every time I play them it's a different experience.  

Spice (4) flagReport
  • Second week of my homebrewed piratey D&D campaign tonight. My baker friend has made a couple of babkas for it which should be nice. 

Then over the weekend I can hopefully fit in some Trek to Yomi, very atmospheric ninja fun times. 

Spice (6) flagReport
  • Honestly I'll play much the same or see if theres anything new that appeals.

• Friday at quittin' time, I turn off all of the electronics, and head out into the yard to battle inflation, by working in the garden.

Spice (5) flagReport
  • Definitely Foxhole and DCS World for me.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • L4D2. Maybe some Halo Infinite and Doom Eternal. CSS zombie mod. Myself. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

Spice (3) flagReport
  • If the weather holds - basically anything not involving lightning - I'll get out and down to practice running line.

Spice (3) flagReport
  • I will be playing The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past on my GBA and Pokemon XD on my Gamecube for some reason...

Spice (4) flagReport
  • My buddy and I have been playing Solasta: Crown of the Magister recently, and are absolutely loving it. We always wanted to play 5th Edition D&D, but the one group we got into ended up cancelling after a few weeks. Scheduling, and motivation basically killed any chance of a new group.

Fast forward a couple years, and Solasta announces their surprise Co-op update, and it was an instant pickup. Easily the best 5th Edition representation in Video Game format. Tons of love, continued updates, community campaigns, a crazy good looking community expansion mod. Can't wait to play more - if he's up to it!

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Had to put a hold on Bowling practice until this thumb heals up sooo...Probably a bit of New World, got to grind for gear score of course and then maybe dip back into FF7 on steam, about halfway through the game if i remember correctly from previous plays.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • I've been on a huge call of duty zombies kick lately so probably going to be training some zombies!

Spice (1) flagReport
  • I'll probably spend more time with my Steam Deck but I've got a pretty packed weekend ahead of me.

Tomorrow morning I'm doing some volunteer work then heading out to (weather permitting) catch my nephew's t-ball game. After the game we'll be heading out to Portland to the veteran's cemetary to visit my grandfather's burial site (hard to believe he's been gone for a year) then we'll be celebrating my brother's birthday.

Sunday I'm going to be picking up some strawberry and blueberry bushes to get a garden started in my backyard and then continuing work on cleaning out my garage in preparation for replacing my kitchen countertops with poured concrete ones this summer.

I'm thinking I'll finish up Fable during all the car riding Saturday but I've also been playing Gauntlet Dark Legacy via emulation on my Deck so I'll probably put some time into that, too.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Busy Weekend so probably not much time to play. That means the games will likely come off this list:

Asteroids

Bagman

Berzerk

Burger Time

Frogger

Defender

Dig Dug

Discs of Tron

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr.

Donkey Kong 3

Dragon's Lair

Galaga

Galaxian

Gorf

Joust

Jungle Hunt

Mario Bros.

Moon Patrol

Ms. Pac-Man 

Space Ace

Space Invaders

Tapper

Tron

Tutakham

Q*bert

Wizard of Wor

Zaxxon
    Spice (1) flagReport
  • Sparkrdom wrote:

My buddy and I have been playing Solasta: Crown of the Magister recently, and are absolutely loving it. We always wanted to play 5th Edition D&D, but the one group we got into ended up cancelling after a few weeks. Scheduling, and motivation basically killed any chance of a new group.

Fast forward a couple years, and Solasta announces their surprise Co-op update, and it was an instant pickup. Easily the best 5th Edition representation in Video Game format. Tons of love, continued updates, community campaigns, a crazy good looking community expansion mod. Can't wait to play more - if he's up to it!

I have not heard of Solasta: Crown of the Magister. However, if you like that game and its accuracy to 5e then I would like to suggest Baldur's Gate 3. They're still updating the game, and adding to the full story, but each update is free. I haven't personally got to the end of the current content but if you do play Baldur's Gate 3, and want continue playing in the Baldur's Gate setting well you are in luck. There is a table top adventure from WoTC called Baldur's Gate: Decent into Avernus. I ran the first chapter before the group disbanded but it was fun.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/dragon-ball-z-kakarot/

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-breakpoint/

See above for the weekend fun!

• I made the absolute blunder of planning a golf outing tomorrow when my SO has only that Saturday free for a while. I misinterpreted her telling me that she had it off as something interesting. I do not do well with hints haha. Fortunately I salvaged that with some quick thinking and a day trip on Sunday. I suppose all of this to say that I have a plan to play PGA 2K21 or Mario Golf. Although I have Mario Party so maybe that. Rained out from the real thing today. In a perfect world I would be playing some more Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga (Loving its divisive different take honestly). Follow that with Elden Ring, and I know I am very slow at playing this game but I am enjoying it.

TL;DR: read the bold. 

Spice (1) flagReport
  • CraiGrrr wrote:

Civ binge for me..

Should we schedule a wellness check for Monday? This sounds serious lol. Which Civ you going with (version and/or leader)?

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Great advice, and good to suggest!

Having played some of BG3, it's not as accurate as Solasta to the actual 5e ruleset. Solasta's team got a license to the SRD, and have expanded their own homebrew on top of it. BG3 is absolutely fantastic from what little I tried, but it has Larian's charm on top of the ruleset. It's a wonderful rendition of 5e, and Forgotten Realms, but Solasta definitely wins in terms of RAW accuracy, and considerations to the tabletop.

Solasta's developers account for a ton of things I was surprised about. Have a ranger/Druid with Goodberry? There's a Travel setting for using Goodberry as rations when travelling and about to long rest.

In all, they're both incredibly exciting games that I can't wait to play more of. I loved Divinity Original Sin 2, so I trust what Larian is doing with BG3, and I adore Solasta for what it brings. For a team of like, 17 developers, Tactical Adventure crushed it out of the park!

• local_offer Tagged Items
    • OZ10OZ10
    Spice (2) flagReport
  • VI, and I'm about in the medieval as Poundmaker of the Cree in a game I started last Sunday and poked at a bit last night for the first time since.  I'm an OG addict, so after 30 years of it I've developed weird skillz at putting it away when the time comes, no worries there. VI is an interesting refresh of the franchise after the last couple were pretty meh.  I haven't played it very much yet, really, maybe half a dozen runs.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • If I have time, I'll be playing some Elite Dangerous. o7 CMDRS!

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Civ VI and probably some Halo Infinite with friends. Wish they'd roll out Co-op campaign already...

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Jburdick1213 wrote:

I'll probably spend more time with my Steam Deck but I've got a pretty packed weekend ahead of me.

Tomorrow morning I'm doing some volunteer work then heading out to (weather permitting) catch my nephew's t-ball game. After the game we'll be heading out to Portland to the veteran's cemetary to visit my grandfather's burial site (hard to believe he's been gone for a year) then we'll be celebrating my brother's birthday.

Sunday I'm going to be picking up some strawberry and blueberry bushes to get a garden started in my backyard and then continuing work on cleaning out my garage in preparation for replacing my kitchen countertops with poured concrete ones this summer.

I'm thinking I'll finish up Fable during all the car riding Saturday but I've also been playing Gauntlet Dark Legacy via emulation on my Deck so I'll probably put some time into that, too.

...and now I'll probably be spending my weekend fixing my Deck. Tried installing the new update on my lunch break and now it won't boot into the OS or onboard recovery (it boots to a GRUB menu and says that certain files are missing). My guess is the shader cache for my games filled up the internal storage so it didn't have enough space to properly download or install the update =/.

Gonna swing by Staples after work to pick up a USB-C adapter to see if I can fix it with a recovery drive. Fun times.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • I'll be on that FFXIV grind as well, but I recently started replaying the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance games! There is a port to PC for the first one and it's brought back a lot of fun memories! Clocking out in about 20 minutes so I'm gonna grab dinner and enjoy the night with some friends online I'm sure :)

Spice (2) flagReport
  • I enjoy Insurgency Sandstorm on PC. It has a small player base but the graphics are impressive. Otherwise, if my friends what to play anything. 

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Sparkrdom wrote:

Great advice, and good to suggest!

Having played some of BG3, it's not as accurate as Solasta to the actual 5e ruleset. Solasta's team got a license to the SRD, and have expanded their own homebrew on top of it. BG3 is absolutely fantastic from what little I tried, but it has Larian's charm on top of the ruleset. It's a wonderful rendition of 5e, and Forgotten Realms, but Solasta definitely wins in terms of RAW accuracy, and considerations to the tabletop.

Solasta's developers account for a ton of things I was surprised about. Have a ranger/Druid with Goodberry? There's a Travel setting for using Goodberry as rations when travelling and about to long rest.

In all, they're both incredibly exciting games that I can't wait to play more of. I loved Divinity Original Sin 2, so I trust what Larian is doing with BG3, and I adore Solasta for what it brings. For a team of like, 17 developers, Tactical Adventure crushed it out of the park!

I've never played D:OS and I checked out BG3 after you guys talked about it. The turn-based combat sounded great to me, as real-time with pause got to be a little too much for me in Pathfinder Kingmaker. I watch a video about the gameplay of BG3 and they mention how PF has a choice between real-time or turn-based and I'm like, what. They added it in late 2020 and now I want to go revisit Kingmaker

I'll definitely keep an eye on BG3. I've heard a lot of great things about D:OS but never got around to it. I would buy BG3 now but I recently picked up Chaos Gate Daemonhunters and it looks like Kingmaker will tide me over for turn-based tabletop RPG

Spice (1) flagReport
  • I wanted to play more Stellaris this weekend but there's been work to get done

Spice (3) flagReport
  • Spend the better part of my saturday removing my Gelid Phantom black CPU cooler and installing my MSI Coreliquid 360 AIO (and calling and driving past countless computer stores for the default AM4 socket brackets which were needed for the CPU block and I have lost). Then on Sunday I picked up Dying light 2 and spend the day playing that. The idle temps on my 3700x are still crazy. Between 50-60 degrees (probably cuz of the aggresive boosting the CPU does). But during playing Dying Light 2 the temps dont go any higher then 65. Since its installed as an intake in the front of my case, my GPU temps have taken a hit though. Before, the max I have seen on my 5700xt was like 70-75 degrees (or 90 hotspot). Now its around a 90 degrees for the GPU package and 100 and higher on the hotspot.

Spice (3) flagReport
  • Is "my guitar" an acceptable answer?

Spice (2) flagReport
  • My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary this weekend. There was not a lot of gaming for me! :D

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Kenny8416 wrote:

Is "my guitar" an acceptable answer?

Always! I need to grab my bass and play more!

Spice (2) flagReport
  • Danuin wrote:

My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary this weekend. There was not a lot of gaming for me! :D

Congratulations on 25 years! 

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Need time to get through all of this.

Spice (3) flagReport
  • I'll be grinding out some quests on my new Ironman on OS RuneScape while mining on my main. (Yes, I'm a psycho.)

Spice (2) flagReport
  • I got KOTOR for Android on my phone, so possibly that or i'll just carry on with my career in NBA2K22?

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Music and movies...

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Milerky2 wrote:

Need time to get through all of this.

I'm not the biggest board game guy, but the Star Wars Trival Pursuit and Firefly: The Game are calling my name

Spice (2) flagReport

Read these next...

• Snap! WebView2-Cookie-Stealer, lost USB drive, tech jobs, Atari turns 50, & more

Snap! WebView2-Cookie-Stealer, lost USB drive, tech jobs, Atari turns 50, & more

Spiceworks Originals

Your daily dose of tech news, in brief. Way back on this day in 1995, Spyglass went public. Not sure who they were? Spyglass was founded by students at the Illinois Supercomputing Center, which also inspired Netscape Communications Corp, and they (...

• Do you ever interact with your co-workers/team in person?

Do you ever interact with your co-workers/team in person?

Spiceworks

June 30th is work from home day and in this new age of working from home, many people only interact with their coworkers in virtual ways, particularly if they assumed their role mid-pandemic.  In fact, bizarre as it may seem, some people have never met th...

• Burning the employment bridge

Burning the employment bridge

IT & Tech Careers

Today is my last day at my current job. The company interviewed several candidates and picked the best one they could find. I had no input in this process. Not a big deal. The new guy started yesterday, and we walked through the 4 properties I manage, and...

• Help troubleshooting Edge RAM usage

Help troubleshooting Edge RAM usage

Windows

Hi, I have a Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Version 1607 build 14393.5192 server as a Hyper-V guest OS running remote desktop services that a few users access from home to access local services while off site.I am currently having an issue where Edge is u...

• Spark! Pro Series - 27th June 2022

Spark! Pro Series - 27th June 2022

Spiceworks Originals

Welcome to another new week. Here is another bundle of fun stuff to get your week off to a good start. Remember to click that Spice button!   Today in History: 27th June 2017 – NotPetya Malware knocks out syst...