Home
Join

5 Replies

• I don't think you will get per device stats, but setting up the required products isn't too hard.

To enable telegraf logs in Pfsense just enable it

System, advanced, notifications, Enable Telegram Notifications - there are also instructions on how to configure the APi key.

It sounds like you have at least part of this.

You need to make a dashboard in grafana of the data you want form the influxDB - there are already pfsense dashboards you can import, but none I've seen do per user stats, that's where ntopng comes in.

Curious, what are you looking for in the per device stats, for a few devices it's fairly straightforward to quickly glance at them to see traffic, but when the network is larger, looking at all devices traffic will be a nightmare, so perhaps an understanding of what you are after will help.

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Rod-IT​ I dont have that APi key part just yet, I looked at that the other night and was missing parts of it. I'd have to go back over it to see where I am actually at with that specific part. I like NPTop but I want to be able to see everything at a glance like today all 8 devices were on and device 1 pulled 8gb, device 2 pulled 25gb, etc. then see a total usage for the day of GB or even by an hour or a few hours or specified time frame. This is all for my home network. I tried to make some adjustments in NTOPng before like just labeling re0 and re1 as like isp vs home network or something like that to keep it straight but then it updated and wiped out the changes. I love the fact it displays total bytes by a device in MAC List in Hosts but I want to see that list per day or per hour so I can see okay today are all the devices that were on the network used, here is what was used from 1pm to 8pm, here is what was used from 1am to 6am, etc. today we used 80gb and here are all the devices that contributed usage to that 80gbs, etc. NTopNG would be what I use but i just don't like how I cant drill down more specifically, so I was thinking I could drill down more specifically using Influxdb, telegraf, and grafana but if i cant be that specific maybe I could have it run a report every day and show the data usage per device that way using ntopng data displayed through grafana...if that is possible.
    • local_offer Tagged Items
    • Rod-ITRod-IT
  • TravelMore wrote:

This is all for my home network

I guessed this, but would have been nice at the start.

https://angrysysadmins.tech/index.php/2020/09/grassyloki/grafana-pfsense-per-ip-usage-statistics-pan...

If this is purely for your own information, I get it, but if you're trying to track a problem or reduce overall internet use or similar, you might want to setup limiters instead.

• Also try this

https://www.ntop.org/ntop/ntopng-influxdb-and-grafana-a-step-by-step-guide-to-create-dashboards/

• Rod-IT​ Thank you! I will take a look at these. They look promising. 

• local_offer Tagged Items
    • Rod-ITRod-IT

Read these next...

• Snap! Win 8.1, hybrid IT models, robo-fish, Jovian Vortex Hunters, & more

Snap! Win 8.1, hybrid IT models, robo-fish, Jovian Vortex Hunters, & more

Spiceworks Originals

Your daily dose of tech news, in brief. Welcome to Friday! It has been a big week here as we launched Spiceworks News & Insights a few days ago. Do you know who else had their sights set high? Kenneth Arnold. On June 24, 1947, civilian pilot Ken...

• Chrome is a memory hog?

Chrome is a memory hog?

Windows

I have a win 10 pro machine with 21H2.Running chrome  102.0.5005.115.  I will open a bunch of tabs during the day (right now, 49).  And including other things that are running, there's 80% of the 12GB of RAM in the box.I've noticed that when I go into ...

• When you are just starting out

When you are just starting out

IT & Tech Careers

HI Spiceworld,I was reading some discussions around the community and I see that here it’s like we’re all part of a family, so I venture to open this discussion, hoping that you can help me/understand me or at least bring your experiences. I am a c...

• Spark! Pro Series - June 24th 2022

Spark! Pro Series - June 24th 2022

Water Cooler

Compulsion: 1: a very strong urge to do something He felt a compulsion to say something. 2: a force that makes someone do something She was acting under compulsion. 3: an act or the state of forcing an action They ...

• Sublets and the Network

Sublets and the Network

Networking

I have a situation where one of the offices is looking to sublet for 1 day a week. They want one port to put their firewall/router on and drive their network from there. My first notion is to say no and require them to pull in their own connection. I want...