Home
Join
check
  • It looks like you don't have 'influxd' (the database daemon) but the CLI ? (influx.exe? )

What I did:

1. Go here: https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v2.2/install/?t=Windows

2. Downloaded: https://dl.influxdata.com/influxdb/releases/influxdb2-2.2.0-windows-amd64.zip

3. Unzip it into a destination folder (e.g.  C:\Program Files\InfluxData\)

4. Open PowerShell Navigate to the place you unzipped it and run the'influxd.exe.exe  (idk why they have 2 .exe ...)

and that seems to work fine

I'm not sure what you are expecting once the database is installed?

I am not familiar with influx idk if it has a GUI or whatever.

Also, if you close that powershell window where you called it from, the DB service will stop again, so you want to call it as a service or a schedule task.

attach_file Attachment 2022-05-08_13-31-13.png 79.3 KB
    1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • View Best Answer in replies below

12 Replies

• Try the other slash .\ as well as place an & before the command to run it literally. & .\command.exe Or even & cmd /c .\command.exe
      Spice (1) flagReport
      Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
    • Type the letter i at the prompt then hit the tab key. It will autocomplete and show you all files that start with i each time you hit tab(cycle through) and will put the proper qualifier in front of it.

• Bappy​ I tried that but no luck. Results below. For reference, the file path that I have currently is displayed as well as the contents side by side w/the PowerShell window. I didn't think to share that in the original post.

• local_offer Tagged Items
      • BappyBappy
    • jrp78​ Thank you. I just tried that and cycled through all of them. No clue what they mean but the one it gave me that seemed relevant is below but that didn't work either. It seemed to be the same command I tried before. There were a lot of options as I tab'd through but maybe I just don't know the right one to use but the instructions provided above in the vid and link seemed to be simple enough but something is missing or I'm am not doing something correctly and I cant figure out what.

• jrp78jrp78
    • Ok I see. What they are saying is you have to add a command after the exe. It’s showing all available options.

Example:

Text
      .\influx.exe version

• Looks like the first (& .\command.exe) one accepted the command,  but it needs further properties to proceed.

On the second try, it appears you have 2 dots.....

should be:

c:\path\\prompt>& cmd /c .\command.exe

Looks as if you are getting closer.

• jrp78​ this is the result when I tried that, it displayed the version but not sure what next.

I tried this and I got a little closer, I think the Error is closer than the other part I tried beneath it.

• jrp78jrp78
    • Bappy​ this is what I got when I tried that, at least I think it did what you stated correctly(?). It just seems to list commands I could run not run the program.

In the video link above all they did was pretty much hit enter and it would run. they just dragged and dropped the file into Power Shell and it would display the whole file path and then hit enter and it would install. I tried doing the same thing and it never worked.

• BappyBappy
    • It looks like you don't have 'influxd' (the database daemon) but the CLI ? (influx.exe? )

What I did:

1. Go here: https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v2.2/install/?t=Windows

2. Downloaded: https://dl.influxdata.com/influxdb/releases/influxdb2-2.2.0-windows-amd64.zip

3. Unzip it into a destination folder (e.g.  C:\Program Files\InfluxData\)

4. Open PowerShell Navigate to the place you unzipped it and run the'influxd.exe.exe  (idk why they have 2 .exe ...)

and that seems to work fine

I'm not sure what you are expecting once the database is installed?

I am not familiar with influx idk if it has a GUI or whatever.

Also, if you close that powershell window where you called it from, the DB service will stop again, so you want to call it as a service or a schedule task.

attach_file Attachment 2022-05-08_13-31-13.png 79.3 KB
    • You should do .\influx.exe setup

• In case anyone is curious, I figured it out. What I came to realize is there are 2 Influxdb files. 1 is influxdb (2.2.0-windows-amd64) and the other is influx CLI (client-2.3.0-windows-amd64).

Below is the screenshot of the program running and installing. 

Spice (1) flagReport
    • TravelMore wrote:

In case anyone is curious, I figured it out. What I came to realize is there are 2 Influxdb files. 1 is influxdb (2.2.0-windows-amd64) and the other is influx CLI (client-2.3.0-windows-amd64).

haha it says that in big letters on the website and I linked it too, glad you got it figured out! silly databases

Read these next...

• Snap! Win 8.1, hybrid IT models, robo-fish, Jovian Vortex Hunters, & more

Snap! Win 8.1, hybrid IT models, robo-fish, Jovian Vortex Hunters, & more

Spiceworks Originals

Your daily dose of tech news, in brief. Welcome to Friday! It has been a big week here as we launched Spiceworks News & Insights a few days ago. Do you know who else had their sights set high? Kenneth Arnold. On June 24, 1947, civilian pilot Ken...

• Chrome is a memory hog?

Chrome is a memory hog?

Windows

I have a win 10 pro machine with 21H2.Running chrome  102.0.5005.115.  I will open a bunch of tabs during the day (right now, 49).  And including other things that are running, there's 80% of the 12GB of RAM in the box.I've noticed that when I go into ...

• When you are just starting out

When you are just starting out

IT & Tech Careers

HI Spiceworld,I was reading some discussions around the community and I see that here it’s like we’re all part of a family, so I venture to open this discussion, hoping that you can help me/understand me or at least bring your experiences. I am a c...

• Spark! Pro Series - June 24th 2022

Spark! Pro Series - June 24th 2022

Water Cooler

Compulsion: 1: a very strong urge to do something He felt a compulsion to say something. 2: a force that makes someone do something She was acting under compulsion. 3: an act or the state of forcing an action They ...

• Sublets and the Network

Sublets and the Network

Networking

I have a situation where one of the offices is looking to sublet for 1 day a week. They want one port to put their firewall/router on and drive their network from there. My first notion is to say no and require them to pull in their own connection. I want...