Home
Join

3 Replies

• You need to write a View, then export that view to CSV. Depending on the parameters you are going for, you might have to do separate views as your first example and second examples kind of contradict each other. 

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • i agree with UxoriousBurriot that querying the data (even in Access) to get it 'arranged' how you want is probably your best bet....assuming you are not going to do it in a MySQL interface.  

Also I would create a calculated field in my view containing the MAX date from the Actions for the client, then you would keep all the clients and rows where the calculated MAX field is 2019 or greater. 

• Perhaps I was a little unclear with the examples.  There are two that contradict each other, and that was what I meant, I was giving the opposite examples.  Maybe I should have left that out.  This is the most important part:

"So for example, if there is a record in the "Clients" table for John Doe and his Client ID is 246. In the "Actions" Table there many be many records for Client ID 246 some going back as far as 2009. If Client ID 246 has at least one record in the "Actions" table from 2019 or later, I want his "Clients" table record included in the export, and I need every record in the "Actions" table for Client ID 246, even those from before 2019."

From what you said, I need to create a view and then export the view as a CSV,  That sounds like the way I want to go.  I just need some assistance in writing the view.

Read these next...