Home
Join

3 Replies

• We're pharma, and yeah we're just about as bad. Still have HIPPA stuff to deal with, with customer records, plus FDA regs. Everything related to product must be validated. The validation process is kind of antiquated and does not completely define virtualization, nor the advantages of full system state virtual backups.

Spice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Yes, healthcare IT has a lot of rules to follow. But the financial services sector, especially banking, has all those same rules and practices AND gets the fun of mandatory, regular audits and government examinations. In the US, healthcare isn't necessarily audited/examined to the same degree. Maybe larger healthcare orgs have audits and exams, but I know smaller providers don't, at least not in Washington state.

So I'd say banking has it the toughest. It doesn't matter how small the bank is, they get audited and examined regularly. Auditors and examiners will ALWAYS find something wrong.

(As an MSP, I provide IT services for both healthcare and financial institutions.)

Spice (1) flagReport
    • What's your definition of tough resp. toughest IT job?
    And not all healthcare organizations are equal. Some have to apply more regulation than others. A large hospital of national infrastructure with own internal production of drugs and intensive care departments has to comply with much more regulation then a small general practitioner.
    And I fear that an IT job at either the Chernobyl nuclear power plant during Russian occupation or attack or at Europes largest nuclear power plant in Ukraine during Russian attack and occupation seem to be much harder. There was a time when the Russians did not allow shift changes. And they stole and removed servers during operation at least at the Chernobyl plant.
    Spice (1) flagReport

Read these next...