Home
Join

6 Replies

• We use datto bcdr for our customers so we are automatically in a stronger position to cover this

Spice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I use Backblaze to back-up my local server and I also have a local backup along with RAID5 on the server. Backblaze is my cloud backup in the event of a ransomware attack on my server. They also do versioning so in the unfortunate event, I can easily request a hard drive from them with my data, or start the download process. My desktops at home are all backed up to the server and they have local USB backups too. 

Spice (2) flagReport
  • I am with KashewNutter​, I use a Datto BCDR. I also run a RADI6 on my servers with a local backup to a NAS running RAID6. My Datto backs up my servers where the local NAS backups do my servers and workstations.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • Great question. You might also want to check out our Best practices for Backup Exec backups. While the document is for Backup Exec, you can still apply some of the best practices to your backup strategy. Hope that helps.
    Spice (1) flagReport
  • I suspect there are some who re-visit out of necessity, when a minor (or major) disaster strikes, and restoration doesn't go as well as planned...!

Regards,

Jeff Cummings

• Crazy Rabbit wrote:

I also run a RADI6 on my servers with a local backup to a NAS running RAID6.

I also like Radi for making salad. It's the nick or short name of some vegetable, usually white inside and red outside. Didn't know that there are categories for this vegetable. Have no idea about their relation to storage arrays.

Read these next...