Home
Join

12 Replies

• If they are already Azure based, why not look at InTune (MDM), Defender ATP (AV),  AutoPatch (due July - Patching and updates), AutoPilot (OS automated builds).

For screensharing, Windows has Remote assistance built-in (Windows 11 knows this as quick assist)

Those would satisfy most of your requirements, if not all.

Spice (2) flagReport
    2 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • This is a good option as well

https://www.splashtop.com/pricing?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=US_Brand&...

Spice (2) flagReport
    1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • I would like everything under a single pane of glass if possible, I do find this interesting and will be researching the autopatch for sure

Rod-IT wrote:

If they are already Azure based, why not look at InTune (MDM), Defender ATP (AV),  AutoPatch (due July - Patching and updates), AutoPilot (OS automated builds).

For screensharing, Windows has Remote assistance built-in (Windows 11 knows this as quick assist)

Those would satisfy most of your requirements, if not all.

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I would agree with Rod-IT but if you're looking for a 3rd Party RMM that does it all I have investigated tons of RMM tools and found that Atera was the best valued RMM tool. Its licensed per technician rather than per device which is awesome and lets you scale up without changing the cost. Just FYI I am not in any way affiliated with Atera, I just went through this myself and Atera was what I chose. Good luck! 

https://www.atera.com

Spice (1) flagReport
  • The previous job I worked at used NinjaRMM (now called NinjaOne I believe). I really enjoyed using it. We don't have an RMM solution at my current job. Really makes me miss it!

Spice (2) flagReport
  • i have use N-Able and i like it, but i have to say looking at Chriswiles2 recommendation of Atera, i like that pricing model i think that is going to be the most cost effective for you.

• AlexM_IT wrote:

The previous job I worked at used NinjaRMM (now called NinjaOne I believe). I really enjoyed using it. We don't have an RMM solution at my current job. Really makes me miss it!

I agree with Rod-IT about Intune and Defender,  If you still want an RMM I use Ninja too and like it, they overlap functions but there is still a strong use case for an RMM event with Intune setup

Spice (1) flagReport
  • ManageEngine does it all

• I would second what AlexM_IT​ recommended, I have been using NinjaOne for years at various different sized orgs and love it.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • I'm using Action1 (paid as I have 250 devices).  They have a 100 device free forever that might fit your needs.  I started a trial with Action1 late last year and went full purchase early this year.  The remote access alone is worth the cost, but I'm also able to keep my users up to date MS patching and more, inventory, reports etc. etc..  Too much to just list here.  I suggest you go to www.action1.com and take a look.

I'm not affiliated at all with Action1 only as a customer.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • chriswilkes2 wrote:

I would agree with Rod-IT but if you're looking for a 3rd Party RMM that does it all I have investigated tons of RMM tools and found that Atera was the best valued RMM tool. Its licensed per technician rather than per device which is awesome and lets you scale up without changing the cost. Just FYI I am not in any way affiliated with Atera, I just went through this myself and Atera was what I chose. Good luck! 

https://www.atera.com

Plus one for Atera. Simple and quick to deploy, great for small size, very cost effective for your scenario.

I tried 5 out for 2 small clients and found it the best for it's price and speed to deploy. It includes splash top for remote control.

• local_offer Tagged Items
    • ateraatera
  • Hey JKZfixme​,

Jamie from Pulseway here. Since you're looking for the best RMM options, I would suggest you take a look at Pulseway RMM. It comes with,

• Automated patch management for OS and 175+ third-party applications
    • Software deployment
    • Remote control for remote support/assistance
    • Backups
    • AV options
    • Can be integrated with Intune (MDM) using a custom API
    • Multiple security add-ons like dark web monitoring, email security, and more.
    • Comes with the industry's best mobile app for remote management, with a rating of 4.3 on app store.

Give it a try and see if it suits your network. Good luck mate!

Read these next...

• Snap! Win 8.1, hybrid IT models, robo-fish, Jovian Vortex Hunters, & more

Snap! Win 8.1, hybrid IT models, robo-fish, Jovian Vortex Hunters, & more

Spiceworks Originals

Your daily dose of tech news, in brief. Welcome to Friday! It has been a big week here as we launched Spiceworks News & Insights a few days ago. Do you know who else had their sights set high? Kenneth Arnold. On June 24, 1947, civilian pilot Ken...

• Chrome is a memory hog?

Chrome is a memory hog?

Windows

I have a win 10 pro machine with 21H2.Running chrome  102.0.5005.115.  I will open a bunch of tabs during the day (right now, 49).  And including other things that are running, there's 80% of the 12GB of RAM in the box.I've noticed that when I go into ...

• When you are just starting out

When you are just starting out

IT & Tech Careers

HI Spiceworld,I was reading some discussions around the community and I see that here it’s like we’re all part of a family, so I venture to open this discussion, hoping that you can help me/understand me or at least bring your experiences. I am a c...

• Spark! Pro Series - June 24th 2022

Spark! Pro Series - June 24th 2022

Water Cooler

Compulsion: 1: a very strong urge to do something He felt a compulsion to say something. 2: a force that makes someone do something She was acting under compulsion. 3: an act or the state of forcing an action They ...

• Sublets and the Network

Sublets and the Network

Networking

I have a situation where one of the offices is looking to sublet for 1 day a week. They want one port to put their firewall/router on and drive their network from there. My first notion is to say no and require them to pull in their own connection. I want...