Home
Join

2 Replies

• Hello,

Do you have a backup of that database so that you can use it for testing what your are trying to achieve?

If you receive results from that query, you should be able to make out a pattern of your username convention in order to rule out to choose for a replacement username that scrambles up your database/tables. Might be worth looking at variables which you can add like sam smith %real1% ... to sam smith %real100% to eventually in a second step replace 1-100 with the ones you found are the correct ones to be replaced.

Once you have reviewed your data you can then try to test different queries, joins, etc. to get to the custom script you need.

Regards,

Annette

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Welcome to Spiceworks and its community, a community of IT professionals for IT professionals with a focus on SME. And please don't forget to read the recommendations of our field guides, especially those on getting started and on pos(t)ing good questions, including the helpful references found at the bottom of its web page.

spicehead-ckve wrote:

As I am new to SQL

• How new are you to SQL?
    • Which training or text book do you use for learning SQL and how far did you already progress in learning it?
    • How professional are you already in software development?
    • How professional are you already in software testing?
    • How professional are you already in software architecture and software design?

spicehead-ckve wrote:

On this link we can get a list of all the users that are displayed as "Unknown User" in Confluence: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-get-a-list-of-all-unknown-user-in-confluence-86736282...
    • And how many different users did you get listed?
    • What were the reasons for each of them to remain in the list of unknown users?

spicehead-ckve wrote:

I would very much appreciate it if someone can help me how to change all "unknown user" on confluence database to another user "Sam Smith" using PostgreSQL query.

So you decided to change the semantics of Confluence and the software design of Confluence and now want to know how to accomplish this step on its backend. But beware that with current semantics, there exist different reasons why each of those users list as unknown user is not Sam Smith and you would render it more difficult to find the list of users for every of these reasons after making this semantic change. I expect that Confluence has already a function to register these unknown users as soon as they meet the requirements for registering them. So I propose you to use the already existing function instead of bypassing it, and ensure compliance with these requirements so that you don't need such change in software design and semantics. I further don't know what your undisclosed changes in semantics and software design will have on software architecture and software test. But as a professional software developer, you already have assessed such impacts and forgot to disclose these in your hurry. But as a professional software developer, you have learned that it is better to write the changed software tests in preparation of the bypass of the already existing user registration function by introducing the intended bug you mentioned in your topic for the purpose of moving a software unit test to a software integration test although best practices teach us to make moves into the other direction from software integration to software unit test.

• To which development and design document of Confluence do you refer for your change?
    • Which Confluence components for production and for testing are impacted by your intended change?
    • What's the proposed change of semantics of Confluence?
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down

Read these next...

• Snap! Win 8.1, hybrid IT models, robo-fish, Jovian Vortex Hunters, & more

Snap! Win 8.1, hybrid IT models, robo-fish, Jovian Vortex Hunters, & more

Spiceworks Originals

Your daily dose of tech news, in brief. Welcome to Friday! It has been a big week here as we launched Spiceworks News & Insights a few days ago. Do you know who else had their sights set high? Kenneth Arnold. On June 24, 1947, civilian pilot Ken...

• Chrome is a memory hog?

Chrome is a memory hog?

Windows

I have a win 10 pro machine with 21H2.Running chrome  102.0.5005.115.  I will open a bunch of tabs during the day (right now, 49).  And including other things that are running, there's 80% of the 12GB of RAM in the box.I've noticed that when I go into ...

• When you are just starting out

When you are just starting out

IT & Tech Careers

HI Spiceworld,I was reading some discussions around the community and I see that here it’s like we’re all part of a family, so I venture to open this discussion, hoping that you can help me/understand me or at least bring your experiences. I am a c...

• Spark! Pro Series - June 24th 2022

Spark! Pro Series - June 24th 2022

Water Cooler

Compulsion: 1: a very strong urge to do something He felt a compulsion to say something. 2: a force that makes someone do something She was acting under compulsion. 3: an act or the state of forcing an action They ...

• Sublets and the Network

Sublets and the Network

Networking

I have a situation where one of the offices is looking to sublet for 1 day a week. They want one port to put their firewall/router on and drive their network from there. My first notion is to say no and require them to pull in their own connection. I want...