Home
Join
check
  • All right! The issue has been resolved. Kinda. Support updated me with info that there is a new UCK firmware, 2.3.14 and provided instructions to download it and apply. After that, the UCK still complained about no internet access on the initial configuration screen but it also had a new button: setup in offline mode. Yay! So it still can't get out to the internet but at least I can get past the configuration screen. After that I downloaded a backup of the network app database and am up! Took a while, over a month, to get resolved.

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • View Best Answer in replies below

4 Replies

• Weird, you are right it's not getting a default route. I would try a reset again, maybe reload the firmware etc.

Ubiquiti will be their normal selves and offer no help that is not already written in their very high level documentation. They are just going to blame your network as it is unusual it is getting the other settings but not the router option. The support forum may be more use.

I would attempt to manually add the gateway (add static default route). Otherwise to troubleshoot I would start with a Wireshark to check dhcp is sending that option (I'm sure it will be as other devices work fine) and then you can prove to ub it is their device at fault.

• Do you have a spare WiFi router? Plug a laptop and the UCK in to the spare router, see if the UCK works with that DHCP. If it does, assign it a static IP and all the rest of the IP's you want.

• jeffbrubaker​ I tried the UCK on another network with a simpler DHCP config (fewer options) and it worked fine.

m@ttshaw Noted about Unifi support. I sent them the output of the "ip route" command showing the above as well as Wireshark packet capture showing the DHCP traffic after the UCK is factory reset. I'm attaching it here if someone can take a look at this. (EDIT: actually scratch that. Spiceworks wont' allow it.) I'm no expert but I tested with another device that was new to this network and the DHCP capture for it looks the same with the exception of the device specific info and it picked up the default gateway no problem. Again, no other device had any issues with DHCP on this network, including Unifi WAP's. Maybe the UCK chokes on some of the DHCP options but I don't know!

At this point it's more about getting to the bottom of this (as I can get the UCK configured on another VLAN) in case someone has a similar issue.

• All right! The issue has been resolved. Kinda. Support updated me with info that there is a new UCK firmware, 2.3.14 and provided instructions to download it and apply. After that, the UCK still complained about no internet access on the initial configuration screen but it also had a new button: setup in offline mode. Yay! So it still can't get out to the internet but at least I can get past the configuration screen. After that I downloaded a backup of the network app database and am up! Took a while, over a month, to get resolved.

Read these next...

• Spark! Pro series – 23rd May 2022

Spark! Pro series – 23rd May 2022

Spiceworks Originals

Happy Monday!  Welcome to the Monday Spark!  Grab a cup of Coffee and read on! To start things off… A Monday Quotes Top 10. 1. Monday should be optional. 2. Good morning. Keep calm and pretend it’s not Monda...

• Need help preparing company computers for sale (intune)

Need help preparing company computers for sale (intune)

Windows

Hi Folks,              The Company I work for has just sold off its sales operation. As part of the sale, several laptop & desktop computers that were used in the sales department will be taken to the new companyMy Director has asked me to effectively pre...

• IP Camera Monitoring System REQUIREMENT

IP Camera Monitoring System REQUIREMENT

Hardware

Hello,I have:1- 150 HIKVISION IP camera 4MP 2- 5*32-CH HIKVISION NVR I want to display a live view of the 150 camera on a video wall.What is the additional required devices should I have?I think I just need a video wall controller and a high performance p...

• What do you geek out about?

What do you geek out about?

Spiceworks

In honor of Geek Pride day on May 25th, we want to know about your unique hobbies and interests and all the things you could spend hours talking about.Are you a huge comic book fan?  Do you love creating megastructures out of LEGO bricks?  Are you int...

• Snap, AD auth fixes, Canada bans Huawei, Linux, space lasers, & Daredevil

Snap, AD auth fixes, Canada bans Huawei, Linux, space lasers, & Daredevil

Spiceworks Originals

Your daily dose of tech news, in brief. Welcome to not only Friday, but according to Lonny6654 who wrote today's community-created Spark article, it is also World Bee Day. To raise awareness of the importance of pollinators, the threats they face, ...