Home
Join

29 Replies

• Sloth - my eternal spirit animal :D 

Spice (3) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Octopus - They are smart, can turn on a dime and get into tight places that you never even knew existed lol.

Spice (3) flagReport
  • Toucans are a ton of fun and have a lot of personality but they take a lot of work and are really expensive.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • My daughter has a blue crawfish.  It really is a bright blue, and quite active in it's tank.  She managed to save the discarded shell the first time it molted. 

Spice (8) flagReport
  • Anteater. I used to think they were the dumbest animal until I met one in person. They're awesome, and basically just a big fluffy dog with a fancy nose. 

Spice (2) flagReport
  • Already have them, they're called Children.

One of them stays up late and eats all the snacks. Tricky to catch that nocturnal beast in its natural habitat.

Spice (10) flagReport
  • A wolf. Just really cool. 

Spice (3) flagReport
  • This is the hippo I got my mom for Christmas a couple of years ago. :)

Spice (5) flagReport
  • Just like the song, I want a hippopotamus.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • They are cute! 

Spice (6) flagReport
  • Since neither logistics nor ethics are involved, let's go with the bald eagle just for funsies.

Spice (5) flagReport
  • Red Panda.

Every time you hear about how awful they would be as pets, it comes down to "The worst parts of cats and ferrets together." Which is not a big deal.

Spice (4) flagReport
  • I have always wanted a cheetah after learning that they are actually pretty tame and social, just keep them away from small animals.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • I'm going with Octopus. I hear they're an excellent judgment of character & I bet they'd be great at running cable.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • My favorite animal is the dolphin but it seems that may be a bit impractical as I don't like getting in the ocean.  I'm really not sure what I would like to have but it would need to be smaller, fuzzy, and cute.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • The many-handed as a cuttle-fish,
    Who, making Himself feared through what He does,
    Looks up, first, and perceives he cannot soar
    To what is quiet and hath happy life;
    Next looks down here, and out of very spite
    Makes this a bauble-world to ape yon real,
    These good things to match those as hips do grapes.
    'Tis solace making baubles, ay, and sport.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • MWeed wrote:

My daughter has a blue crawfish.  It really is a bright blue, and quite active in it's tank.  She managed to save the discarded shell the first time it molted. 

We had one of those once. It was the bully of the tank but sadly we were away once when it was molting and someone in the tank was tired of the bully and killed it while it was vulnerable.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Well ethics and logistics aside, either a cougar or a panther. Big cats are awesome.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • I've always loved tigers, I would need a lot more room than I currently have though. Maybe I should just stick with my house panther. :)

Spice (3) flagReport
  • I added the wild animal that is dimforest

Spice (2) flagReport
  • Totes down for a capybara or an axolotl!

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Shableigh226 wrote:

I added the wild animal that is dimforest

Most people seem to be trying to get rid of dimforest​ not asking... it to move in.

If we ignore "logistics (and ethics)" there are a few that spring to mind... but if I have to include "temperament" and who/what it eats... I'll go with something simple like a... fox?

I'd probably stick to cat-like and dog-like for the most part, but... there are some "wild pets" like Wallabies that seem to have been domesticated enough... while still being rather exotic.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Spice (1) flagReport
  • Bob_13 wrote:

Shableigh226 wrote:

I added the wild animal that is dimforest

Most people seem to be trying to get rid of dimforest​ not asking... it to move in.

From what I've heard, as long as you keep him readily stocked with plenty of mayonnaise and beef jerky he's not so bad. ;)
    Thanks for sharing everyone, you've certainly made my day! Now I need to add quokka and sloth to my list! Can you imagine how much better each day would be coming home to this? 

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Hyena puppy, almost accidentally went to grab one in Baghdad.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Dire Wolf from Game of Thrones.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Trash Panda or a Red Fox, the latter because a) my daughter loves them, b) I love them, c) my alma mater's mascot and finally, d) partly the name of my sole-proprietorship - lol (Red Foxes Technologies).  Trash panda would definitely be cool as well:

Spice (4) flagReport
  • I'm surprised no one linked that totally amazing song yet.  Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE should listen to the Lake Street Dive version of this classic song.  Today.

Here's your present for this year, don't open it all at once...   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfiBB3d9rEY 

Spice (2) flagReport
  • I would love to just have a Panda hanging out with me

Read these next...