Get answers from your peers along with millions of IT pros who visit Spiceworks.
Join Now

Hello,

I would be cautious of using Webroot.    

I am 25 years plus in IT.    

No company is perfect.   I recently tested Webroot, and then purchased 50 licenses.    Upon deployment all of my Intel based NIC cards stopped working.   My office was MAD for a couple of days as we figured out the problem.    

No big deal, we uninstalled...Webroot acknowledged the issue  which was that their current version, 9.0.31.84,  would cause all  Intel I219-LM or I219-V to stop working.

Anyhow, I requested a refund (my order was only 10 days old) which is now underway.    In fact, within 48 hours all of my devices (in the Webroot portal) were removed.   

The RUB

They told me my refund would take 30-40 days to process.   Honestly I think this is...a bit sketchy...certainly non-standard.   It's almost as if they are doing this in hopes of the customer either forgetting to follow up, or so that they can otherwise "hang onto" the funds.   

ANYWHERE else, as it relates to software and subscriptions...if a refund is within approved windows... a refund is a simple 1-2 day process.

Do you agree?

Spiceworks Help Desk

The help desk software for IT. Free.

Track users' IT needs, easily, and with only the features you need.

3 Replies

· · ·
Bweber93
Habanero
OP
Bweber93 This person is a Verified Professional
This person is a verified professional.
Verify your account to enable IT peers to see that you are a professional.

Keenan (Carbonite)​ should be able to help you.

· · ·
2300peterw
Habanero
OP
2300peterw

Many companies work on a monthly cycle and on some refunds fall into that monthly category. Paying out money as opposed to taking it in needs a procedure to authorise it and this can take time. However, for open and shut cases where their reputation is becoming tarnished with their product failure such as yours then I think they should take exceptional actions to limit the damage and giving prompt refunds is one of them.

· · ·
Tamara for Webroot
Jalapeno
OP
Tamara for Webroot This person is a Verified Professional
This person is a verified professional.
Verify your account to enable IT peers to see that you are a professional.

Brand Representative for Webroot

Hey zmanmike, we’re sorry to hear that Webroot’s current version isn’t compatible with your current hardware. Updates roll out frequently, so hopefully in the near future this will be resolved. Thank you for your feedback regarding our refund policy, I’ll make sure to take your concerns to my Webroot team. We take our user's feedback to heart and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. 
Oops, something's wrong below.