Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Kubernetes Certifications
Get answers from your peers along with millions of IT pros who visit Spiceworks.
Join Now

Let's talk about cloud computing and cloud migration. ☁️☁️☁️

On 6/22/20, LogicMonitor released survey data that 87% of global IT decision-makers agree that the COVID-19 pandemic will cause organizations to accelerate their migration to the cloud. More than a year later, I would be interested to re-open the conversation, especially with SpiceHeads. 

Cloud workloads have increased (in some industries more than others) and there are certainly advantages of cloud/hybrid environments, but I want to hear from you! What are your thoughts? Are you in an industry that will never see cloud computing as a significant player? Are you already in a pure cloud environment? What are your cloud migration success stories and/or horror stories?

Spiceworks Help Desk

The help desk software for IT. Free.

Track users' IT needs, easily, and with only the features you need.

2 Replies

· · ·
The Repairatrooper
Ghost Chili
OP
The Repairatrooper This person is a Verified Professional
This person is a verified professional.
Verify your account to enable IT peers to see that you are a professional.

LaserValley Technologies is an IT service provider.

I don't like to be a doomsayer, but sometimes I think we are just one really big hack away from people getting really spooked by cloud computing and running the other way. I also think the spectre of losing control of your data or feeling trapped by ever increasing costs might limit some from going all in on cloud.

· · ·
Daniel537
Datil
OP
Daniel537 This person is a Verified Professional
This person is a verified professional.
Verify your account to enable IT peers to see that you are a professional.

We were already primarily heading that way anyway, 2020 didn't change that.

Oops, something's wrong below.