Home
Join

51 Replies

• Woo Hoo!.. Look forward to it each year!

Spice (2) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • What if you already have a mustache along with a beard? 

Spice (20) flagReport
  • I dread this time of year, it takes me months to grow a tash and it look bloody awful!!

Spice (3) flagReport
  • Shave it and start over...
    I've had both for over a decade. Feels awful strange without them this morning!
    Spice (2) flagReport
  • Nope - I would like my wife to kiss me and she hates my beard.

• In dedication to men's mental health and other issues, I will participate by not shaving my legs.

Spice (32) flagReport
  • Patti8216 wrote:

In dedication to men's mental health and other issues, I will participate by not shaving my legs.

Me too :) 

In all seriousness though, I'm in the same boat as Mike - after about a week, my wife won't come near me.

I have contributed in the past by taking part in MoRunner events and sponsoring a friend who does it every year, but can't see me ever being allowed to it.

Also, my father in law has a moustache and really don't want me reminding my wife of her dad!!!!!

Spice (2) flagReport
  • I will have way better mental health on Monday when I am at my new job.  :)

Spice (17) flagReport
  • Kenny8416 wrote:

Patti8216 wrote:

In dedication to men's mental health and other issues, I will participate by not shaving my legs.

In all seriousness though, I'm in the same boat as Mike - after about a week, my wife won't come near me.

Forget the week. My wife would rather kiss a porcupine than me after just a single day of not shaving.  She says the porcupine is softer.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • My beard is roughly 20 years old and I am not about to shave it to start over. I'm not ZZ Top long yet, but the time and effort put into it is not small.

Spice (9) flagReport
  • Always had a 'stache, always will. (no, not born with it, duh). Have a beard currently as well.

Spice (4) flagReport
  • The beard and the mustache will stay.  I'll sit out this event.

Spice (7) flagReport
  • Mike400 wrote:

Kenny8416 wrote:

Patti8216 wrote:

Forget the week. My wife would rather kiss a porcupine than me after just a single day of not shaving.  She says the porcupine is softer.

My wife would probably agree, but with the event of home working, i'm just getting too damn lazy to shave every day :D 

• Must Shave cannot go to long or wife won't kiss me on the cheeks.

• Your wives can kiss you guys 11/12 months out of the year. Let's grow mustaches for healthy bootyholes for the 1 out of 12.

Spice (10) flagReport
  • I shaved this morning and took a photo. I guess I'll edit my post at the end of the month. I cannot grow facial hair well and am kinda dreading what I'll look like at the end of the month.

Edit: Please note the lavish neckbeard that was forming. Lol.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • I wish I could grow that Rollie Fingers handlebar moustache, but alas it takes so long and a bunch of grooming to keep the hair from not curling into my mouth.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • I am cursed with genes that allow me nothing more than a scraggly barely there beard/mustache.  Tried again on my 50th and got the same results I ever got, so nope gonna keep on shaving

Spice (2) flagReport
  • I thinks it's been over 25 years since anyone saw my top lip ... (or the real estate between my top lip and my nose)

Spice (2) flagReport
  • Thanks for the offer, but I'm not shaving just to grow it back...  Plus! the Mrs prefers the beard!  Gotta keep her happy!

Spice (4) flagReport
  • put down the razor

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

put it down? hahahaha

you are funny.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Nothing says suave British villain like the classic mustache/goatee combo!
    Spice (6) flagReport
  • Been training for this for years!

Haven't shaved my beard off for about 5 years now - move over Duck Dynasty.

Spice (3) flagReport
  • All of my adult life, I've had a mustache.  I stopped shaving entirely in November 2012.  

My beard is now about the length of 'Civil War General'.  

So I have been (continuously) participating for the past 9 years.  

Edit:  I've had a mustache except for a short 'experimental' time in college.  It didn't take me too long to realize I hate shaving my upper lip so I grew it back at the speed of hair!

Spice (3) flagReport
  • Men's health issues I would assume cover BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia, aka, an enlarged prostate) as well, which I can tell you from experience is no fun, especially when you have the pleasure of being in the < 3% of men who receive that diagnosis before the age of 50 (I was diagnosed at 46).  Currently on two medications that are supposed to help, but will likely be looking at surgery early next year if things don't start improving (I'm about six weeks into the 2nd medication, but I'm told it takes three months to see results, so there's still hope).  Trips to the bathroom every 30 - 60 minutes get old, especially when you give up and leave the restroom still feeling like you need to pee. 

It's one of those things men don't talk about because, well, who wants to talk about having to pee all the time.  And yes, I had to interrupt typing this with a trip to the potty.

Spice (4) flagReport
  • Shaved on the first, will see what we have by end of the month! good thing I wear this mask all day at work, might surprise some folks by December.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • I've had a combination of mustache and beard for over 40 years, so not gonna change now.

Spice (3) flagReport
  • Here's a funny one for you, my youngest son can't grow a mustache, instead, he can only grow a leprechaun beard. If he forgets to shave, we always pester him for a pot of gold or a bowl of Lucky Charms.

Spice (4) flagReport
  • I have had my beard longer than my current job. No way am I shaving and starting again. I do keep it trimmed up though. Let others grow their mustaches in for Movember.

• I keep a short neat and trimmed beard but Ive always been a part of Movember !  

looking forward to growing it out once again...  just a bit more gray thats all...

Spice (1) flagReport
  • My wife has a love/hate opinion: love how it looks, hate how it feels.  So mustache and beard comes and goes regularly.  But Santa has to have a beard, so I need to grow one for the winter anyway.

Spice (3) flagReport
  • Guess I am out of luck on getting the Movember Badge.  Been growing the beard since March 2020 and have no desire to shave it off and start over.

• BiscuitKing wrote:

I will have way better mental health on Monday when I am at my new job.  :)

Congrats BiscuitKing!  hope it goes well for you!

Spice (5) flagReport
  • I don't participate in Reddit memes.

• Tyler-ANC wrote:

I don't participate in Reddit memes.

Hey, that's cool. To be fair, people on Twitter and Facebook also do it, so it's kind of an 'everywhere' thing, at least from my point of view. And it's for a good cause. :)

It's also been a bit of a Spiceworks tradition for a while, and I realize now it would have been cool to put this in the OP. Here's just a few of the past Movember threads if anyone would like to check them out:

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2173111-movember-madness

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2240514-movember-madness-2019

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2294476-it-s-movember-madness-2020-get-growing

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Tyler-ANC wrote:

I don't participate in Reddit memes.

What's Reddit got to do with it, Tyler-ANC​?  Movember has been around longer than Reddit, and can be traced back to a conversation in a pub.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movember for more about the origins of Movember.

• How can you seriously talk classic famous moustches and not mention Sam Elliott? 

Spice (3) flagReport
  • The Repairatrooper wrote:

How can you seriously talk classic famous moustches and not mention Sam Elliott? 

Did you not click the "best 'staches of all time" link Kyle included?  Sam is the 6th 'stache on that list.

• GuruGabe1 wrote:

Here's a funny one for you, my youngest son can't grow a mustache, instead, he can only grow a leprechaun beard. If he forgets to shave, we always pester him for a pot of gold or a bowl of Lucky Charms.

My son is in a similar boat but to be honest, he looks more like wolverine than a leprechan. 

• The Repairatrooper wrote:

How can you seriously talk classic famous moustches and not mention Sam Elliott? 

That 'stache is too powerful, I didn't feel worthy of mentioning it

Spice (2) flagReport
  • I grow one each Movember, and then give it up for Lent. Works out well that way so I don't have to have one in the hotter months of the year (northern hemisphere dweller that I am). It's also about that time that my wife grows tired of it, so... double win!

Spice (1) flagReport
  • I've had a full beard for many years now, and would never even consider shaving it off.

Funny story: I interviewed and was hired at my previous job (pre-covid) with the beard, despite the fact that (unbeknown to me) they have a "no facial hair" dress policy for men. Somehow, the owner/president and VP who had personally interviewed me, failed to notice that I had a beard. They later asked me if I wouldn't mind shaving the beard, as they had this policy... No, I didn't shave it, and ended up quitting that job a couple of months later due to all of the other "crazy" going on there.

Spice (2) flagReport
  • LoveToFlyGuy wrote:

... they have a "no facial hair" dress policy for men. ...

Wow!  Is that even legal these days?

• Graeme.N wrote:

LoveToFlyGuy wrote:

Probably not, but that would only be one example of all the immoral/illegal things that they were doing there, which was a major factor in my decision to leave after only 3 months, despite not having another job lined up. Ironically, this was a woman-owned and "highly respected" legal support services company.

They also:

• questioned my religious beliefs and chastised me based upon that.
    • commonly required staff to work >24 hours straight, especially if they were salaried.
    • required me to track all user passwords and report them regularly to the owners.
    • allowed open hostility in the workplace.
    • the list goes on...
    Spice (1) flagReport
  • LoveToFlyGuy wrote:

Graeme.N wrote:

LoveToFlyGuy wrote:

Probably not, but that would only be one example of all the immoral/illegal things that they were doing there, which was a major factor in my decision to leave after only 3 months, despite not having another job lined up. Ironically, this was a woman-owned and "highly respected" legal support services company.

They also:

• questioned my religious beliefs and chastised me based upon that.
    • commonly required staff to work >24 hours straight, especially if they were salaried.
    • required me to track all user passwords and report them regularly to the owners.
    • allowed open hostility in the workplace.
    • the list goes on...

Ouch!  That place sounds TOXIC!!

Definitely a place that deserves to be "named and shamed", but given that the USA is such a litigious country, it may not be safe to in an open forum like this.

• Except for a span of about four months I've had a 'stache since I started college.  The beard is more recent.  Both are staying as they are.

All about supporting men's health.  It's amazing how many guys are resistant to even getting a PSA blood test, so there are always opportunities to educate.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • So, silly question.. how do we actually get the badge.. by growing out our beards?  Do we just assure you that we did?

Because I grew mine out.. so.. can I have the badge?  How are we measuring this?

Kyle (Spiceworks)

• It's over!  Did you Movember?  Post up a pic of your scruffy face (or part of your face) and we'll get some badges awarded! 

Spice (1) flagReport
  • OK.. but you'll be sorry....

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Colts wrote:

OK.. but you'll be sorry....

Wow! What a scruff!  You should be proud. Badge awarded.

Spice (1) flagReport

Read these next...