Home
Join

4 Replies

• Does your license include eDiscovery? That would be the clean way to do it, mucking around with PSTs is terrible.

Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • John2995 wrote:

Does your license include eDiscovery? That would be the clean way to do it, mucking around with PSTs is terrible.

Yes, we do. I was always told we need to use content search, though. I will research what eDiscovery does. 

• jacobturner3 wrote:

John2995 wrote:

Does your license include eDiscovery? That would be the clean way to do it, mucking around with PSTs is terrible.

Yes, we do. I was always told we need to use content search, though. I will research what eDiscovery does. 

From researching and playing with eDiscovery, it seems it is geared towards target specific items from specific users. I need to be able to search our entire exchange and sharepoint databases based on keyword for all users and sites. Then I need a more simple way to go through those results and remove data that is unrelated to the keyword. 

• Maybe I misunderstood your requirements and problem, so I'm here to confirm: Do you worry about the lock issue after exporting/importing the .pst files to Outlook?

To avoid the usage of .pst files, you could also export the messages in the content search result to individual messages: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/export-search-results?view=o365-worldwide#....

Or you could try Search-Mailbox to export the specific messages to the target mailbox:

Powershell
    $mailboxes = Get-Mailbox -RecipientTypeDetails UserMailbox -ResultSize unlimited
    Search-Mailbox -Identity $mailbox.Name -SearchQuery "Subject:'<Subject>'" -TargetFolder SearchResult01 -TargetMailbox <Mailbox01>
    }

More details about Search-Mailboxhttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/search-mailbox?view=exchange-ps

Spice (1) flagReport

Read these next...