I have a gen 2 type c thinkpad docking station and its connected to a ThinkPad 14s. I have 3 monitors connected to the dock. I have 2 MSI Optix g27 monitors connected via DP cable and a 27 in Dell monitor via HDMI. I can only a max resolution of 1920 x 1080 for monitor 1 and monitor 2 (Msi and the dell). The 3rd monitor will only go up to 720 x 576. I have updated the docking station and my laptop is up to date driver wise. i've swapped monitors and calbes and all work if they are set to monitor 1 or 2. Any monitor i use as monitor 3 has the limited res issue. any ideas? thanks
- Are you sure that you refer to an IBM gen 2 type c thinkpad docking station and not a Lenovo ThinkPad USB-C Dock Gen 2 docking station?
- Are you sure that you refer to Lenovo ThinkPad 14s and not a ThinkPad T14s Gen1, ThinkPad T14s Gen2, ThinkPad P14s Gen1, ThinkPad P14s Gen2, ThinkBook 14s Yoga, nor ThinkBook 14s?
- Have you already looked into the manuals of your laptop and your docking station for further details, constraints and system requirements?
- Have you already looked onto Lenovos support site for your device models for firmware AND driver updates?
I have 3 monitors connected to the dock.
- So you try to operate 4 displays, 3 external ones and the builtin internal one, and you had success but only encountered limitations of resolution for the 4th display?
I have updated the docking station and my laptop is up to date driver wise.
- How do you know that your drivers are up to date? Why did you not update also your firmwares of laptop and dock?
Yes, plenty. Please follow the field guides recommendation to first search the answers yourself. Then look into the infos you found. I already mentioned some. I'm not able to become more specific as long as you don't disclose your models. Here is a display support matrix from the Lenovo support web site as mentioned in the afore mentioned Lenovo user support forum topic.
Any monitor i use as monitor 3 has the limited res issue. any ideas?
- Are you using a notebook model specified to only support 2 external displays while the builtin display is in use, like the Lenovo ThinPad T14s Gen1 (Jazz 2) or ThinkPad P14s (Drift 2) with 2020 Intel CML and using video signals configured to DisplayPort 1.2 with the 2020 or 2021 notebook models and the Thunderbolt 4 docking station?
- Or are you using a Lenovo ThinkPad T14s (Gen 2) or ThinkPad P14s (Gen 2) with an Intel CPU which should then support your 4 displays including the builtin one of your notebook when your docking station is a Lenovo ThinkPad Universal USB-C (40AY) with the correct power supply?