Home
Join

4 Replies

• We use GAPS here.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/2611859?hl=en

GAPS installs on your DC, then whenever the User object's password is changed, it syncs up to Google automatically.

If I understood the problem, this should solve it without changing how the rest of your systems integrate.

Spice (3) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • GAPS and GADS are great tools for managing your Google account since they sync from Active Directory. We set Domain Accounts to sync to Google. That meant when someone reset their AD Domain password, it set that Password as their Google Account Password. I never used cleaver, but I am sure that you can reach out to their support and see what they have to say about it. I assume that it would work, but their might be some initial setup you would need to do.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • The issue we are having is that for the students with only Chromebooks there password wouldn't sync back if changed on the Chromebook without being federated.  It is my understanding that GAPS is a one way street.

• ITHoneyBadger wrote:

The issue we are having is that for the students with only Chromebooks there password wouldn't sync back if changed on the Chromebook without being federated.  It is my understanding that GAPS is a one way street.

I use the same setup as the users above with GAPS, but you are correct that if you're going to support password changes to the Google account then it will not sync back into AD

Spice (2) flagReport

Read these next...