Get answers from your peers along with millions of IT pros who visit Spiceworks.
Join Now

Hi all,

Working with a client who is using Sage 50 Premium Accounting.  There's a court order to produce Sage 50 data for a particular date range.  Is it possible to export just a segment of data such as that or is it only possible to produce the entire file/dataset?   I know Quickbooks supports such a thing, but haven't played with Sage/Peach in well over a decade.  

I tried calling Sage a few times but they were completely UNhelpful.  Not even a trial version to play with.

TEST YOUR SMARTS
Which of the following retains the information it's storing when the system power is turned off?
  • ROM
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • GPU
88% of IT pros got this right.

4 Replies

· · ·
Mike400
Mace
OP
Mike400 This person is a Verified Professional
This person is a verified professional.
Verify your account to enable IT peers to see that you are a professional.

Sage, like most accounting packages, works on a month period.  Your best bet would be to create a series of reports that cover the data requested and start from the first of the month prior to the date and go through the end of the month after the end date of the court order.

· · ·
GrayRabbit
Serrano
OP
GrayRabbit

Mike400​:  Thank you for that. 

The order specified that they wanted things in a digital native format, but with the restriction of date range of the disputed time period.  I believe the client has already produced paper reports...but obviously the other party's counsel/experts haven't heard of batch-OCR.  I routinely rip through hundreds/thousands of pages of Quickbooks/Great Pains/SAP ERP paper reports with OCR templates in a matter of minutes.  

I have no problem telling the judge "can't be done" but I want to make sure it can't be done before I say it.  I'm an IT guy, not an accountant. :)

· · ·
JoeWilliams
Mace
OP
JoeWilliams This person is a Verified Professional

EBS Computer Services is an IT service provider.

I work with the UK version which I think is a completely different codebase - but what I'd be doing is pulling off an "audit trail" for the date range in question. This basically shows each journal in order.

· · ·
Mike400
Mace
OP
Mike400 This person is a Verified Professional

GrayRabbit wrote:

Mike400​:  Thank you for that. 

The order specified that they wanted things in a digital native format, but with the restriction of date range of the disputed time period.  I believe the client has already produced paper reports...but obviously the other party's counsel/experts haven't heard of batch-OCR.  I routinely rip through hundreds/thousands of pages of Quickbooks/Great Pains/SAP ERP paper reports with OCR templates in a matter of minutes.  

I have no problem telling the judge "can't be done" but I want to make sure it can't be done before I say it.  I'm an IT guy, not an accountant. :)

In this case, run the reports and dump them to Excel.

Oops, something's wrong below.