Home
Join

25 Replies

  • I went with the Pixel 4a to replace my Essential PH-1 and it has worked well. I've got an XR I issued to myself in the center console of my Jeep, even with a UAG case it's too big for my tastes. I prefer to keep my phone in a shirt pocket, the 4a is MUCH lighter than the PH-1 so it's worked out well.

    I have readers anyway, so the screen size just has to be big enough. I was surprised the Pixel 4a 5G is basically the Pixel 4a XL. I'm also surprised the iPhone SE2 is still a thing, that's what we're issuing for management nowadays and I wonder that Apple is willing to lose money on that segment.

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I'm happy with the size of my iPhone 8.  My wife has the Xr which appears to be about the same size but with a bigger screen.  I'm not hurting to upgrade but would be fine with that.

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • The ones we use is approx 1 inch in size and is placed on the uniform, near the chest. some say it looks like an inverted V while others say it looks like rocketship...

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communicator_(Star_Trek) Opens a new window

    Pepper graySpice (4) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I still have (but not using for a phone) the Nokia 1520. That phone was purely because I wanted it. Had Microsoft not ignored its phone OS I would still be using it. I loved that phone, but it was huge. I currently have a Pixel 4XL. That is the perfect size for me. 

    1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • I agree with https://community.spiceworks.com/people/adrianyong4136 as far as Windows phones go.  But the dollars rule these days.  I am considering getting the new Microsoft phone with is actually android, but has two screens that interact with each other.  I just have a hard time justifying another $1,400 for a phone.  Admittedly, these are much more than phones.  If those two screens really work well together it would be a major step forward.  I am afraid that MS will get cold feet again and the Microsoft Duo will join the pile of Microsoft phones in my drawer.

    1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • Jimmer3407 wrote:

    I agree with https://community.spiceworks.com/people/adrianyong4136 as far as Windows phones go.  But the dollars rule these days.  I am considering getting the new Microsoft phone with is actually android, but has two screens that interact with each other.  I just have a hard time justifying another $1,400 for a phone.  Admittedly, these are much more than phones.  If those two screens really work well together it would be a major step forward.  I am afraid that MS will get cold feet again and the Microsoft Duo will join the pile of Microsoft phones in my drawer.

    Windows phone ??

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • adrian_ych wrote:

    Jimmer3407 wrote:

    I agree with https://community.spiceworks.com/people/adrianyong4136 as far as Windows phones go.  But the dollars rule these days.  I am considering getting the new Microsoft phone with is actually android, but has two screens that interact with each other.  I just have a hard time justifying another $1,400 for a phone.  Admittedly, these are much more than phones.  If those two screens really work well together it would be a major step forward.  I am afraid that MS will get cold feet again and the Microsoft Duo will join the pile of Microsoft phones in my drawer.

    Windows phone ??

    Windows anything (hardware and software!) plus all forms of Adobe products are what I steer clear of... no matter how circuitous the route HAHA.

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • iPhone SE is my choice. Dimensions are about 2 1/2 X 5 1/4. I have a belt holster that I wear almost all the time.

    I think phones are too small to be computers and anything bigger is to big to be a phone.

    I will admit, however, that it's very convenient to be able to access the Internet and do some shopping, banking and other activities on my phone.

    1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • I have big hands and eyes that are getting older so I like a larger phone that fits my palm. I just recently got the iPhone 12 Pro Max (my first iPhone) after being a dedicated Android user for over well over a decade.  The thing that actually swayed me to the iPhone 12 Pro Max is the camera and many of it's features.  The reason I went with the iPhone at all is because my wife is a dedicated Apple-head and with both of us having an iPhone it is easier to collaborate on lists and to share files and links.  Also, I will not ever buy another Samsung unless they get rid of Bixby (What a piece of Shinola).

    Pepper graySpice (1) flagReport
    1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • My Galaxy S9 is about right.  Any larger and pocket carry would become difficult.
    Pepper graySpice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Geoff-K wrote:

     Also, I will not ever buy another Samsung unless they get rid of Bixby (What a piece of Shinola).

    I really like my Samsung, but I hear you on Bixby.  LOL

    Pepper graySpice (2) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Currently using a Pixel 3 but I never want to move on to a phone that is longer and taller then I can reach one handed. My hands aren't small so I can use most regular phones but I am not a fan of the extra large two hands required phones that seem to be more and more popular.

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I chose "the bigger the better", but there are limits.  I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+.   The size is not a problem for carrying it in my pocket, and my hands are big enough I can hit most of the screen with my thumb.  My size concern was more about whether it fits in the cubby holes in my vehicles.  When I'm driving, I'm not messing with my phone but I also don't want it flying around on corners or going under the seat, so it has to fit somewhere it will stay put.

    The next consideration is just not wanting to hold a tablet up to my head. My vision isn't what it used to be, so I appreciate a bigger screen, but I'm not sure I want to go much bigger than the Note 10 plus. With the case on it, it's 7.25" diagonal. The good thing about that size it did come with a bigger battery.  Two days on a charge is pretty awesome.

    At this point, there is no way I'd consider a folding screen because of thickness, screen/mechanical reliability and cost.

    Pepper graySpice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I selected "The Bigger, The Better" because I use my mobile with work related applications.

    bigger screen size will be helpful.

    Pepper graySpice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • There are 4 phones in the picture above, all different sizes, yet the most common answer is "About the size of the one above"?

    Pepper graySpice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Recently switch to a Xiomi Poco 3n NFC which has a 6.4" screen, took a bit of getting used to, and need one of those stick on ring things on the back a lot of the time, but do like the bigger screen, now i'm getting old and blind :) 

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I love the size of my iPhone 11 Pro Max. I've had nearly every iPhone since the 4, and I much prefer the larger screen. My work mobile is a wee little iPhone SE. Ugh, some days I can't even type on it.

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • 5.85 ISH inches would be about perfect

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Shableigh226 wrote:

    I love the size of my iPhone 11 Pro Max. I've had nearly every iPhone since the 4, and I much prefer the larger screen. My work mobile is a wee little iPhone SE. Ugh, some days I can't even type on it.

    back in my day that was never a problem because they had physical keyboards 

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Rich T wrote:

    There are 4 phones in the picture above, all different sizes, yet the most common answer is "About the size of the one above"?

    ...about the size of one of the above. 

    Going for least common denominator as in: something like what one sees in the photo or else different in some way.

    Guess I should have put bag phone as an option too LOL

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • While I do love having a really large display in certain circumstances, in terms of handling I gotta go with something in the middle to accommodate my rather small hands and the span of display they can reach haha..If I had longer thumbs, maybe I'd go bigger and better every time but maybe I can look into some sort of thumb-extender accessory in the meantime haha!

    Pepper graySpice (1) flagReport
    1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • Anything up to around 7 inches diagonal is good.  My current work phone (Note 10 plus) is, I think, one of the absolute best devices for this (not perfect, I have some quibbles with the device) for the size.  A little bigger would be cool, but not too much bigger.  But I've been using the Note series since the Note 3, so I've been into larger devices for a few years now.

    I picked "The bigger the better" in the poll, but for me bigger does have an upper limit.  The bigger it gets the exponentially harder it gets to carry and manage every day.

    Pepper graySpice (1) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • Remember the first cordless phones...

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • I am not the one favoring big size smartphone that larger than 6.5"as I am using at least three hours with smartphone. It is too tired to hold a large smartphone for long time. I have been using Galaxy S10 (6.0") and quite satisfied with the size. 

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • ich.ni.san wrote:

    Geoff-K wrote:

     Also, I will not ever buy another Samsung unless they get rid of Bixby (What a piece of Shinola).

    I really like my Samsung, but I hear you on Bixby.  LOL

    Thanks for the feedback here! I wanted to link this article Opens a new window Opens a new window just in case it's useful too since disabling it is an option now-Unless you are running a really old version of One UI, you will no longer find Bixby Home on your left-most homescreen, it will be called Samsung Daily or Samsung Free, depending on your One UI version or geographic location. Either way, the process for getting rid of this menu is the same (minus an extra new step for the S21) I don't think this was possible a few years ago but Samsung has since heard some of the feedback on Bixby it seems! 

    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down

Read these next...