Home
Join

5 Replies

• Splashtop is the new LogMeIn.... which I remember utilizing before they had an internet version!  I was so happy with the LogMeIn product until they went full nuclear with their billing structure... I suppose that's what happens when you get the big name clients....  they crushed the small business users.  Splashtop has been an excellent replacement.

Though internally, I've gone back to VNC.  Loved it when it was out originally and TightVNC is an excellent (and a bit more secure) fork.  Easy access and easy to use... does the job when I have that support call from the employee down the hall and I don't feel like getting up from my desk. Though it does work well when I need to connect to one of my other locations as well (across our VPN of course).

Pepper graySpice (2) flagReport
    2 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • I have been using PDQ Inventory and Deploy Internally for Supplemental Patching and Automated Task Management and then the Full RMM Features in Teamviewer for External Management.

1 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • For quick on demand remote support, been using Zoho Assist for a few years.

• local_offer Tagged Items
    • Tag by zohozoho
    2 found this helpful thumb_up thumb_down
  • Solarwinds was in place here when I started, worked great...until I realized that the reason it worked great was because it was exempt from all firewall rules, and had a cryptominer running on the server because of that.  So I had to nuke it, start over and not allow it to bypass the firewall, now it only works internally and Solarwinds is no help in fixing it, they just tell me that everything looks right and they have no idea why it doesn't work.  Subscription is up in October so you can guess what I'll be doing right?

Pepper graySpice (1) flagReport
  • TheEliteBond wrote:

I have been using PDQ Inventory and Deploy Internally for Supplemental Patching and Automated Task Management and then the Full RMM Features in Teamviewer for External Management.

I don't think that this is really what the OP was asking, but PDQ Inventory/Deploy rock!  I have been asking ooo staff to connect weekly for scans and updates.  Have you seen the brand new PDQ Link?  For some, it has potential.

Pepper graySpice (1) flagReport

Read these next...