Home
Join

14 Replies

• Really exited for my 128GB Pixel XL to show up!  I was considering the HTC 10, especially for the price, but I think the Pixel's optimizations will make it feel much more like an iPhone when it comes to UI response.  Hopefully the phone lives up to the expectations.

Spice (2) flagReport
    Was this post helpful? thumb_up thumb_down
  • "Pixel is not PIXEL."

Waiting for Pixel to not be locked to a provider. 

Spice (2) flagReport
  • Aaron W (Spiceworks) wrote:

Megalogix announces cloud collaboration tool Content.ly

Megalogix has launched its new cloud collaboration tool Content.ly, a tool that gives IT "a comprehensive set of cloud apps to manage the lifecycle of content stored and shared across cloud collaboration platforms, regardless of who has deployed them." Content.ly attempts to solve a common problem: As workers turn to cloud-based collaboration tools like Dropbox, Box, Slack, and Google for Work without the approval of IT to get their jobs done, IT is left trying to make sure that these platforms follow compliance and governance rules. According to Megalogix, Content.ly gives IT "a simple cloud interface for any-to-any migration in the cloud, content replications and synchronization and platform provisioning." Megalogix is currently offering early access trials of Content.ly

I feel like marketing screwed this one up!

Not only is there already a Contently.com (that seems completely un-related/different company) but a IT person probably knows that the ".ly" is a top level domain code for Lybia. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.ly).  Even though bit.ly succeeded with using this code, I would already start with a large level of distrust of a product with that in the name.  That was the first thing that turned me off from the product.

Willing to give it another chance I Googled it (cause I was trying to figure out why they would use .ly in their name)  Their SEO is poor so I found the Contently.com and was not until I searched Megalogix with content.ly before I found the site.

Take notes Megalogix!  These can be major issues that block from ultimate success!  I realize you just announced the product but that can be a make and break period!

• " Google unveils new Pixel phones and virtual reality headse " 

Don't mean to make a British pun... Don't forget the "T" mate!

Spice (2) flagReport
  • I wont ever be excited for the Pixel. Too expensive, locked to a carrier, exclusive features... No wonder they removed the Nexus branding its exactly the opposite of the Nexus. 

Spice (2) flagReport
  • I like the idea of loading Mint on a PC instead of Windows so Linux fans who don't know how to format or are just afriad to can sink their teeth in; however, I personally would rather buy a refurbished HP slim tower or even a nettop pc and load Mint on it for hundreds less than the mini. They do have to make a profit and the chip and SSD justify the $400 price tag, but thinking outside the box I would definitely save the extra couple hundred an side load linux on a pc.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • Pixel phone is way too high for what you get, MintBox is too high for what you get. Another cloud collaboration tool released... hmm.

• Screenbeam seems promising for the EDU market to un-tether teachers from a static place if the environment supports it. 

• Google is trying to imitate Apple with their Pixel line, The prices are absurd for what you really get. even their chromebooks are stupid expensive for just a chromebook.....

Spice (2) flagReport
  • I'm starting to think Pixel is code for overpriced. The products are nice, don't get me wrong, but it seems like they're not worth the price.

Spice (1) flagReport
  • I would like to point out that the Pixel and Pixel XL from Google will be available unlocked through the Google Store (and several other retailers like Best Buy and such), and the Daydream View Headset is not just made for the Pixel line of phones, they're just the first phones to be Daydream compatible. Other phones from other manufacturers that will be Daydream ready are on the way. Here's the link to the unlocked phones: https://store.google.com/product/pixel_phone

• mackenziebowen2 wrote:

" Google unveils new Pixel phones and virtual reality headse " 

Don't mean to make a British pun... Don't forget the "T" mate!

Lived in Britain all my life and never heard that!
    Spice (1) flagReport
  • Bryce Maryott wrote:

"Pixel is not PIXEL."

Waiting for Pixel to not be locked to a provider. 

Pixel isn't locked to a provider.  They sell the unlocked version on the google store for the same price as Verizon.  The unlocked version works on all major US carriers, Verizon included.
  • I'm excited about the continued price drop of Nexus 6p. Pixel is too expensive.

Read these next...

• Spark! Pro series – 23rd May 2022

Spark! Pro series – 23rd May 2022

Spiceworks Originals

Happy Monday!  Welcome to the Monday Spark!  Grab a cup of Coffee and read on! To start things off… A Monday Quotes Top 10. 1. Monday should be optional. 2. Good morning. Keep calm and pretend it’s not Monda...

• Need help preparing company computers for sale (intune)

Need help preparing company computers for sale (intune)

Windows

Hi Folks,              The Company I work for has just sold off its sales operation. As part of the sale, several laptop & desktop computers that were used in the sales department will be taken to the new companyMy Director has asked me to effectively pre...

• IP Camera Monitoring System REQUIREMENT

IP Camera Monitoring System REQUIREMENT

Hardware

Hello,I have:1- 150 HIKVISION IP camera 4MP 2- 5*32-CH HIKVISION NVR I want to display a live view of the 150 camera on a video wall.What is the additional required devices should I have?I think I just need a video wall controller and a high performance p...

• What do you geek out about?

What do you geek out about?

Spiceworks

In honor of Geek Pride day on May 25th, we want to know about your unique hobbies and interests and all the things you could spend hours talking about.Are you a huge comic book fan?  Do you love creating megastructures out of LEGO bricks?  Are you int...

• Snap, AD auth fixes, Canada bans Huawei, Linux, space lasers, & Daredevil

Snap, AD auth fixes, Canada bans Huawei, Linux, space lasers, & Daredevil

Spiceworks Originals

Your daily dose of tech news, in brief. Welcome to not only Friday, but according to Lonny6654 who wrote today's community-created Spark article, it is also World Bee Day. To raise awareness of the importance of pollinators, the threats they face, ...